IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

57 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He plays the role we hoped Gylfi would play only 10 times better I’d have him here. 

Couldn’t agree more. Ticks possession over nicely, strong in the tackle. Would be on half the wages and doesn’t play a bad game - very Milner/Barry like in that aspect.

Maybe not the quality to lift us to champions league playing every week but would definitely be a great squad option.

28 minutes ago, Btay said:

Couldn’t agree more. Ticks possession over nicely, strong in the tackle. Would be on half the wages and doesn’t play a bad game - very Milner/Barry like in that aspect.

Maybe not the quality to lift us to champions league playing every week but would definitely be a great squad option.

Like you said he ticks possession over nicely, get the right players around him to make use of his distribution, and I wouldn’t rule him out of helping to get us into the top 4

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Aaron Mooy is on loan at Brighton and getting rave reviews from their fans, I’d be happy to look at bringing him here for the rest of the season with a view to buy

Huh?  He's 29, short as fuck, and runs like he has lead in his boots.  The lad has talent but he's nowhere near the total package thatwe need to move on.  I have no doubt the club are looking for a Doucoure type (if anything) to play that role.

28 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Huh?  He's 29, short as fuck, and runs like he has lead in his boots.  The lad has talent but he's nowhere near the total package thatwe need to move on.  I have no doubt the club are looking for a Doucoure type (if anything) to play that role.

Huh yeah, 6 months loan initially, till Andre and JP return to full fitness

I don’t watch enough of foreign footie but there is enough talent to be grabbing here. Cantwell at Norwich is one we should be aiming at. Get him early. It might seem a lot but we missed out on Maddison at Coventry then Norwich and look where he is. I know the opposite rings true like but there’s a few good uns out there 

On 04/01/2020 at 00:46, Shukes said:

Guys, we have an accountant. We’re nowhere near breaking FFP rules. Further more, the board know dactyl how much they can spend before we have to even consider it.

They also know the risk of breaking it, and whether breaking it is financially viable. 

We’ve already broken it once under Moshiri I believe, or where warned, but anyway I’m sure something happened with us and the FFP ruling. 
We do not have to take FFP rulings into account they can’t kick you out the league for breaking them and as far as I know they can’t deduct points, but they can impose massive fines going into the tens of millions if they choose. 
Brands when he got here was tasked to get rid of a lot of players whose wages were holding the club back, we still have many to go who don’t make the squad yet are still drawing down money from the club, and sum are on big bucks, so if you go and buy another two or three 35-40 million plus players who are on a 100k plus a week, and yet still have to pay the likes of Gylfi and Schneiderlin the players there here to replace 100k a week it doesn’t take much to work out we are getting ourselves in the shit. 
I did a little bit of research on this and I couldn’t find anything that said we were no where breaking FFP rules, were did you get that information from. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

We’ve already broken it once under Moshiri I believe, or where warned, but anyway I’m sure something happened with us and the FFP ruling. 
We do not have to take FFP rulings into account they can’t kick you out the league for breaking them and as far as I know they can’t deduct points, but they can impose massive fines going into the tens of millions if they choose. 
Brands when he got here was tasked to get rid of a lot of players whose wages were holding the club back, we still have many to go who don’t make the squad yet are still drawing down money from the club, and sum are on big bucks, so if you go and buy another two or three 35-40 million plus players who are on a 100k plus a week, and yet still have to pay the likes of Gylfi and Schneiderlin the players there here to replace 100k a week it doesn’t take much to work out we are getting ourselves in the shit. 
I did a little bit of research on this and I couldn’t find anything that said we were no where breaking FFP rules, were did you get that information from. 

That’s all great Palfy.

But we still have an accountant and a board. You may worry yourself over it, I’m going to watch football and let the accountants sort the finances.

I run a building company and do our accounts as it’s easier than people assume. I know how much we have to spend at any given time before I get get hit by the VAT man. I’m pretty sure our club knows how much they have to spend also.

Whatever you think of Moshiri and his football knowledge, you can’t argue his business acumen.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

That’s all great Palfy.

But we still have an accountant and a board. You may worry yourself over it, I’m going to watch football and let the accountants sort the finances.

I run a building company and do our accounts as it’s easier than people assume. I know how much we have to spend at any given time before I get get hit by the VAT man. I’m pretty sure our club knows how much they have to spend also.

Whatever you think of Moshiri and his football knowledge, you can’t argue his business acumen.

I’m not saying he hasn’t got business acumen, what I’m saying is he just can’t go buying players because he’s got the money, it’s not based on his personal wealth it’s based on a percentage of the clubs turn over, and bad signings on big money hold you back when you can’t off load them. 
You want to work in the new housing sector like me it’s Zero rated, I claim VAT back every quarter it’s a lot better when the VAT mans gives you 10-12k every quarter instead of you giving it to him. 🤓

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m not saying he hasn’t got business acumen, what I’m saying is he just can’t go buying players because he’s got the money, it’s not based on his personal wealth it’s based on a percentage of the clubs turn over, and bad signings on big money hold you back when you can’t off load them. 
You want to work in the new housing sector like me it’s Zero rated, I claim VAT back every quarter it’s a lot better when the VAT mans gives you 10-12k every quarter instead of you giving it to him. 🤓

Then you should know better.

If you don’t have an accountant looking at your finances... which everton have... then you are a fool mate.

Like I already pointed out, I run a business and know how much I can spend. You do know how to run books don’t you? You can manipulate them. But you need to know the rules. At my low level... I do. 
im pretty sure at premier league level... they also know. 

Just a guess. Do you think they have better accountants than me and you?