IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not at all

Admittedly I do laugh at most of your posts  but I've  always strongly backed DCL, fair enough  I’m pleasantly surprised by the progress Holgate has made 

I have never been convinced by Keane from the moment Lukaku done him so easily at Goodison in his Burnley days

Every man and his dog knows that Siggy has no place in a 4-4-2 
Even after today you can’t see what Gana brought to the side and you obviously never will

You have proven time and again that you wouldn’t recognise a good footballer even if he kicked you in the bollocks ( Baines, Piennar, Jagielka) so forgive me if I don’t rate your judgment 

Think you need to look up the word always, then again you've always had a short memory or do you still want to in your words upgrade to Danny Welbeck? 

Did you not make out its laughable to want Holgate over Keane? How little you rated Keane but still would have played him over Holgate says a lot about your judgement of a player. 

What matches did I miss at the start of the season when Sigurdssen lit the world alight under Silva? He's no centre mid but to blame the formation is laughable. Lost count of the amount of times I didn't realise he was on the pitch. The man's ghosted his career here. Lovely highlight reel once he leaves but aside from the odd banger he's done no were enough in the shirt. 

Pienaar is has great qualities, he just had very poor application. Said it many a time, he'd be one of the best 5aside players but in elevens he was wasteful and stupid. Just like Sigurdssen he failed at Spurs for a reason, the reason being he's not good enough. Just like Jagielka wasn't good enough to make the step up, and compared to the players I've seen at the club he should never have been more than third choice nevermind captain 

Baines isn't world class that's hardly controversial other than in your soggy biscuit club. Don't get why you bringing him up. He's done a good job here. 

If only I was a BBC pundit highlighting 1 minute of play and telling you what to think rather than you making the judgement yourself considering you've actually got more to go off.

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

We absolutely have to look for a new right back. Teams are actually targeting us there now.

We also have to have either a pacy box to box midfielder, or a Gana type that can read the midfield. At the moment we are done if anyone hits us with pace, or plays a ball through the middle of the park. 

At least we don't have to worry about having to shift more shite with him only being on loan.

Needs - Starting RB, Starting RW, Starting DM, CB (I’m fine with Mina and holgate And keane so they just need to compete, I don’t need to blow this kitty on this one)

Fringe players id keep - Morgan, Walcott, keane, kean, davies

sell - tosun, gylfi, Sandro, Bolasie, besic, dowell, Pennington, Tarashaj

Out of contract - Martina stek Sidibe niasse garbutt

getting a proper RB and DM will go a long ways to helping our defense, that’s why I’m ok with Mina and holgate and keane and getting someone to rotate in their and fight for a spot. RW speaks for itself, Walcott as cover there.  

If we are taking the 2 players for each spot we have:

GK - Pickford / Lossl / Virginia  (always need)

LB - Digne / Baines

RB - Coleman / Kenny (risky)

CB - New / Mina / Keane / Holgate 

DM - Schneiderlin / Gbamin

CM - New / Gomes (plus another new player if playing 3 men in midfield 

LW - Bernard / Iwobi

RW - NEW / Walcott

ST - Richarlison / DCL / Kean / New

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If we are taking the 2 players for each spot we have:

GK - Pickford / Lossl / Virginia  (always need)

LB - Digne / Baines

RB - Coleman / Kenny (risky)

CB - New / Mina / Keane / Holgate 

DM - Schneiderlin / Gbamin

CM - New / Gomes (plus another new player if playing 3 men in midfield 

LW - Bernard / Iwobi

RW - NEW / Walcott

ST - Richarlison / DCL / Kean / New

This, but I feel like we’ll never see Gbamin so I wouldn’t mind someone in there to play with Gomes. 

• 4 weeks later...

it's going to be an interesting window this summer.  i'm reading a lot of clubs are having financial troubles and will be offloading players to try and ease the financial burden.  we seem to (finally) be on firm footing finance wise, so hopefully we can take advantage of this.  Barca in particular has been reported to put everyone except Messi, Ter Stegen, and De Jong, available for sale.  Could be some bargain deals to be had and we know Brands and Bill get along well with the Barca people.

20 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's going to be an interesting window this summer.  i'm reading a lot of clubs are having financial troubles and will be offloading players to try and ease the financial burden.  we seem to (finally) be on firm footing finance wise, so hopefully we can take advantage of this.  Barca in particular has been reported to put everyone except Messi, Ter Stegen, and De Jong, available for sale.  Could be some bargain deals to be had and we know Brands and Bill get along well with the Barca people.

It works both ways though, if everyone is having to sell due to unforseen loss of income then there won't be tons of clubs throwing money around as they can't afford to spend themselves - as exciting as the prospect of cheap transfers is, there's absolutely no way that clubs will sell plays for 50% less than what they are worth when money could be saved in other areas such as staff redundancies, selling property and government grants. 

As you mentioned Barcelona, they will look to swap Greizmann with Neymar as this is a deal that has been in the works for over six months, along with Ivan Rakatic who they've been trying to flog all season. As you rightly pointed out, Ter Stegen, Messi and De Jong will be going nowhere. 

As for the transfer window in general, I don't think there will be much movement at all. Clubs will not have the money to spend that they normally do and will probably focus on the summer after next for any big targets, especially as this is when the European Championships will be starting and some bargains will be found throughout the lesser known nations. 

For us, Brands has always said that he wants to get to a point where we bring in 1-2 players a window as signing 11 and 12 players is just insane. I think we will probably add a center back (Gabriel?) and a right-back to replace Sidibe and compete with Coleman/Kenny. A number 10 is needed too, but after that I think the line will be drawn, 3 players in maximum with the option to then add a further one or two in January. 

On 19/04/2020 at 04:24, Gwlad all over said:

I'd guess Carlo is already planning to work with what he's got, I totally agree about a lack of movement in the summer. If there's any opportunity to strengthen then I trust Brands to be on to it.

If we get 3 quality players in then we can really compete. Fresh start when all this is over - Gbamin back to fitness with no rush is the most ideal outcome to this, genuinely believe he is going to lockdown the midfield with Gomes, would love us to sign another top top CM Allan/Kondogbia and go 3 in the middle.

CB - this Gabriel is highly rated, fingers crossed. Mina still relatively young and Holgate getting better all the time. Made my thoughts on Keane clear.

RB - Depends on how much they rate Kenny. Would love for him to slot in and us not to have to sign someone.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

If we get 3 quality players in then we can really compete. Fresh start when all this is over - Gbamin back to fitness with no rush is the most ideal outcome to this, genuinely believe he is going to lockdown the midfield with Gomes, would love us to sign another top top CM Allan/Kondogbia and go 3 in the middle.

CB - this Gabriel is highly rated, fingers crossed. Mina still relatively young and Holgate getting better all the time. Made my thoughts on Keane clear.

RB - Depends on how much they rate Kenny. Would love for him to slot in and us not to have to sign someone.

agreed with the news of gbamin it might just be 2 signings really, RW and CB for me.  RW the biggest need we have.  we have fit CBs, we have no RW (walcott is a bench player).   That is the biggest need then a CB.  RB will be kenny and coleman it seems.  i'm fine with that. 

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed with the news of gbamin it might just be 2 signings really, RW and CB for me.  RW the biggest need we have.  we have fit CBs, we have no RW (walcott is a bench player).   That is the biggest need then a CB.  RB will be kenny and coleman it seems.  i'm fine with that. 

I fully trust Brands and Carlo have their targets. I wouldn’t be surprised if we announced 2 deals very early ( unlike Everton ). RW - Lozano, all day for me. Makes sense with the Brands and Carlo links.

Potential free transfers

Goalkeeper: Ruddy 

Centre half: Vertonghen

Right back: Munier, Clyne 

Left back: Kurzawa

Centre mid: Henrick, Lundstram, Longstaff, Gotze, Aranguiz. 

Winger: Willian, Fraser, Lallana, Caligiuri 

Striker: Cavani, Ibrahimavic, Giroud, Mertens, Carroll

------------------------------------------------

Potential players to be moved on

Lossl, Keane, Martina*, Sidibe*, Schneiderlin, Delph, Bolasie, Sigurdssen, Sandro, Niasse*

*contracts up

14 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Munier not realistic - think he'll go to CL club. Gotze I think is finished at top level

Big wages and a chance to play consistently may be enough to entice him. Götze is just quality, could be a Barry like signing. Don’t think we’ll get or go for either but they’re the 2 is I’d like 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think we need at least 4 , a RB ,a CB ,a CM and a RW 

I assume Sidibe will be signed, I assume Kenny brought back too. Agree with the rest but if Silva comes in on a 2 year deal on a free, then we can concentrate on a partner for Gomes and a proper RW

Bring back Kenny and hope he can compete or back up Coleman. 
If we can get a solid centre half it would be great for us. 
A strong centre midfielder to play next to Gomes.
If we can get a winger in, they need to be left footed for me. With Bernard, Walcott, Iwobi and Richarlison (rather him be upfront) being our wide options, they are all right footed. 

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He gets away with much more than he deserves. Wears a works cup winners medal like a Chav wears designer clothes.

7 most tackles made in the league, one of the best assists stats of a defender in the league. He’s far from perfect, and I don’t think he’s a RB, more a RWB, but he’s nowhere near as bad as people make out.