IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

Paramount that the business is done early - the young left back is a good sign that things are in motions. Dream start would be to announce someone like Gabriel once the window opens with a marquee signing like Lozano/Neres to follow.

Lots of work to be done going forward. Problem is getting rid of our excess players to reduce the wage bill. 

Took a few mins to compile names of players I'd like to see us sign. Can't stress this enough - this list is limited to players I have seen play at least a few times. I don't feel comfortable throwing names out there I've never seen play before  - just based on rumours/video games/youtube highlights.

At RB been impressed by Max Aarons of Norwich and Connor Roberts of Swansea
At RM been impressed by Ismaila Sarr of Watford and Federico Chiesa of Fiorentina
At LM been impressed by James of Real Madrid and Jack Grealish of Aston Villa
At CB been impressed by Milenkovic of Fiorentina, John Egan of Sheffield United and Jake Cooper of Millwall
At CM been impressed by McKennie of Schalke, Ward-Prowse of Southampton, Douglas Luiz of Villa and Isaac Hayden of Newcastle
Would prefer to find a way to make a profit on Pickford out and Mat Ryan in.

If Bournemouth Villa and Norwich go down I'd be checking on Douglas Luiz, Grealish, Ake, David Brooks, Ramsdale, and Aarons.

I've never bought into the 'avoid relegated player' argument. First that's how we signed Gana, McCarthy and Pickford. Second a slew of great players have been relegated - Robertson, Maguire, R Keane, Di Canio

Sarr at Watford is a great shout - looks class. Think they’ll just about survive but fully expect him to move on. Think they paid £40m so wouldn’t be cheap.

Man C in for Ake it seems - I’m not surprised as I think he’s top quality.

Aarons is another player I like a lot but think he could be too pricey with Norwich seeking £40m for Godfrey - they’ll probably want a Wan Basaka type fee for Aarons.

Douglas Luiz has impressed me too. Pretty sure I read that Man C have a buy back clause. Not sure he’s done enough to justify that but they may see the benefit in exercising it (as it will probably be lower than his value) to sell on for more.

I’ll throw Matty Cash in as a rb option - been top quality for Forest this season.

Nathan Ferguson will be a free agent from WBA this summer too - we’d need to pay compensation but looked very good early season before injuries and contract wrangles and a failed move to Palace took over.

11 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’ll throw Matty Cash in as a rb option - been top quality for Forest this season.

Nathan Ferguson will be a free agent from WBA this summer too - we’d need to pay compensation but looked very good early season before injuries and contract wrangles and a failed move to Palace took over.

I thought he was still going to Palace, but on a free now?

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought he was still going to Palace, but on a free now?

I’m not sure - he’s definitely leaving (as every decent prospect at WBA tends to do). Like I said, he looked really good initially but seems to have disappeared since the breakdown of the Palace move in Jan.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

If we can only spend on DM then sure, but if we have money to spend on DM and RW is prefer someone better.  Not sure what the kitty is though

I imagine Watford will have to sell a fair bit. Don’t know if that Doucoure was doing any good but maybe offer a double deal for him and Geri?

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

I imagine Watford will have to sell a fair bit. Don’t know if that Doucoure was doing any good but maybe offer a double deal for him and Geri?

Yeah let's offer £20m for the 2 of them....  classless bunch that they are.  

Anyone recall them taking pot shots on twitter at Silva 3 managers ago? 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I wonder, if Watford go down, would anyone take Geri back? I know I would, seems to have improved his all round game 

Definitely. I still watch Watford when I get chance to see how he plays. 
No matter how frustrating he can be, he is always dangerous.

Geri has been a strange one - i still wonder had martinez not dropped him when he was producing assists non stop how much he could have kicked on.

We do need a direct winger though capable of providing assists and goals - he could be a "cheap" option. 

Doucoure is a beast and im sure Gomes would appreciate playing along side him. Not a real defensive player though despite his size/athleticism. Still need a proper ball winner first.