IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Disagree mate. It shows a complete lack of understanding. It shows a complete lack of respect for fans, management, and the club that pays you. He isn’t a 15 year old kid.

If he was doing it as a direct insult I would agree, but it’s just a natural reaction he gives to a poor situation, with I believe no malice intended. 

Any how why poke your tongue out at supporters when the grounds empty, that would be like going to the car wash when you don’t have a car, no point 😀

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Telling his defenders to fuck off when being told to clear lines is.... continuing to engage with rival fans after mistakes is.

Tell me a top keeper who does shit like that?  He's juvenile. 

Well Lloris chased after Son last week against us so that's one. 

All I can say is that I have said far worse to my teammates when I was a keeper. Keepers need to be loud and aggressive, alpha male. 

Probably one of the best in the Premier League was the same:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2016/10/23/manchester-united-legend-peter-schmeichel-accused-of-being-arrogant-and-a-coward-by-ex-teammate-6210535/amp/

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

If he was doing it as a direct insult I would agree, but it’s just a natural reaction he gives to a poor situation, with I believe no malice intended. 

Any how why poke your tongue out at supporters when the grounds empty, that would be like going to the car wash when you don’t have a car, no point 😀

He’s not an idiot mate, he’s knows that just because there are no supporters, doesn’t mean a million eyes aren’t on him.

If he doesn’t realise that, then he is an absolute naive dickhead haha. Seriously you don’t think I he knows tv camera is are in him?.

Its all about character for me. I knew at his age working on a factory for a run around line leader, that my attitude meant more than my actual practical ability... for about £8 an hour. If you think these guys aren’t at that level, yet get paid £60k a week.... then there’s your problem.

Stop making excuses for dickheads. Really, why do we think these guys deserve more than us? 
why are these people so special, that they get get a let off while we don’t? 

I have always been taught to treat everyone with respect, and modify it by their actions, not their wage packet.  

esit: do I have this completely wrong? I’m confused?

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I honestly think most of our supporters either weren't old enough or forgot what it was like to have Southall or Nigel Martyn.  Tim Howard was the last credible keeper and only credible keeper we've have in the past 20 years.   That lack of professionalism of this lad is startling. 

I honestly saw Robles as a steady, reliable keeper without being world class.

6 hours ago, Steve_E said:

Financially, it's probably wisest to give Pickford an opportunity to get better.

Especially because the very clear priority should be to get a completely new starting midfield in. Two central midfielders, left wing, right wing. I'll roll with the same attack and defense next year to make that happen. 

I’m not the biggest Pickford fan but this is how I feel.

On 11/07/2020 at 20:25, StevO said:

So while the pandemic has hit clubs and they will be willing to sell their players for cheap, which club is going to buy Pickford off us for good money?

Your reasoning for making other keepers affordable is the same reason Pickford is unsalable. 

To add to the issue with Pope; Burnley are letting Hart go, they let Heaton go already because of how well Pope did, so why would they sell Pope for anything less than massive money?

i just said, burnley can't even extend contracts or field a full squad they are broke.  they need the money.  they're not going to hold out for some big sale, they will run to the bank with the first offer.  how will we sell pickford?  he's the england number 1 and for people that don't watch everton every week (95% of england) they still think he's a worldie.  why did united pay 90m for lukaku?  why did city pay 50m for stones?  potential potential potential.  still young and they think if he's in front of their top 7 defense he will be better, because it's our shit team that's making him look bad.  same with every club ever that buys a player off another club.  they think they can do better. 

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i just said, burnley can't even extend contracts or field a full squad they are broke.  they need the money.  they're not going to hold out for some big sale, they will run to the bank with the first offer.  how will we sell pickford?  he's the england number 1 and for people that don't watch everton every week (95% of england) they still think he's a worldie.  why did united pay 90m for lukaku?  why did city pay 50m for stones?  potential potential potential.  still young and they think if he's in front of their top 7 defense he will be better, because it's our shit team that's making him look bad.  same with every club ever that buys a player off another club.  they think they can do better. 

Even suppose we put Pickford up for sale... Who buys him for decent money?

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

But why wouldn’t other clubs just go straight for Pope if he’s better, and totally ignore Pickford, I would if I felt the way you do about both of them. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not the sporting director, just put him in the shop window and see what happens.

Oh OK so your happy to speculate about buying players for other teams but not selling our players to other teams 😆

Given the form he is currently in you aren't going to get many suitors that will match our valuation of him. Only Chelsea need a keeper but I don't see them giving up on Kepa and I don't see Pickford going abroad.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Even suppose we put Pickford up for sale... Who buys him for decent money?

Many an Evertonian praying that Chelsea come in for Pickford.  Kepa is probably the only one more overrated.  My take though, if we get a good offer (anything more than we paid), sell him.  If not, he gets another year, simply to prioritize the abyss that is our midfield. 

Otherwise all our business needs to be the middle of the park.  Don't know if I'd keep any of them except Gomes, who gets a pass to see if he can recover from the injury, and Gordon.  I haven't kept up with the Championship, but would be ideal if one of the promoted teams could use Tom Davies for a year.  The only other one who can maybe stay is Iwobi, not based on his performances to date, but based on self preservation and FFP.  We can't be taking a massive loss on him this year, but where does he play in a 4-4-2?  Bernard has shown that he's not up for a fight.  As a small guy myself I hate to say it, but the premier league is no place for a player who's 5'4 and 130 lbs.  And I don't buy for a second the comparison to the other vertically challenged players, Podence, Fraser, etc, because they all have a reasonable build.  The league is just too physical for the lad.   Gylfi is spent.  Delph is what his critics said, sick note.  Walcott has no end product and can't stay fit. 

Dark days for Everton, so much money spent for such poor quality, feels like we've nearly become the kind of teams we turned our noses up at the start of the decade, soft, lazy and overpaid.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

But why wouldn’t other clubs just go straight for Pope if he’s better, and totally ignore Pickford, I would if I felt the way you do about both of them. 

what chelsea fan is gonna be excited by pope?  how about england's number 1?  the big clubs want the big signings not the droll 10m signings.  look at united signing pogba when they could have gotten a ton of players for 1/3 the price.  sells tickets and kits.

20 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

You know absolutely none of this makes sense right? 
As others have said, anyone who would buy Pickford would just buy Pope if he was better and cheaper. 
Fans might not watch every minute of Pickford so think he’s a worldy, but you don’t think football clubs could look at every incident he’s been involved in with relative ease using the scouting software available to them? So if he was that shit they would just see it and then not buy him?

2 hours ago, StevO said:

You know absolutely none of this makes sense right? 
As others have said, anyone who would buy Pickford would just buy Pope if he was better and cheaper. 
Fans might not watch every minute of Pickford so think he’s a worldy, but you don’t think football clubs could look at every incident he’s been involved in with relative ease using the scouting software available to them? So if he was that shit they would just see it and then not buy him?

why did we buy delph?  why did we buy walcott?    how about martina?  how about niasse?  were they not shit at their previous clubs? our scouting department didn't know that?  every club thinks they can do better and make an average player a worldie, otherwise no one would be buying the castoffs.  same reason someone will buy pickford.  they'll say we are shit and in a proper team he will be amazing, we are the ones to blame.  same reason we will give when we try and buy Ake.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

why did we buy delph?  why did we buy walcott?    how about martina?  how about niasse?  were they not shit at their previous clubs? our scouting department didn't know that?  every club thinks they can do better and make an average player a worldie, otherwise no one would be buying the castoffs.  same reason someone will buy pickford.  they'll say we are shit and in a proper team he will be amazing, we are the ones to blame.  same reason we will give when we try and buy Ake.

Simply because we have not had a transfer strategy at all. 

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

No not exactly... Delph barely played centrally so there wouldnt have been a lot of tape on him but he was doing OK at LB on the whole. Its not like he would get anywhere near competing with the Man City midfield. A lot of people hailed him as the new Barry when he came.

Walcott was about goals. He plays, he scores... well he did for Arsenal.

Martina was purely for cover as he had played twice under Koeman.

Niasse was up and coming at the time. A rough diamond. It turns out he was more a bit of a rough pebble but you take the risk. Not to mention he was signed under Martinez and he wasn't around long. He made big improvements in Lukaku and I can only presume that was also the plan with Niasse. I think that would be optimistic to say the least but I suspect it was the plan. He had a 1 in 3 goal scoring record too, which based on minutes, he also does here. 

The difference between all of them and the situation you are describing is that who will buy Pickford at the price we want? The teams that will pay the money don't need another keeper. The teams around us probably aren't going to look at Pickford and think there is enough difference to fork out £30+ million in exactly the same way they aren't going to pay the same money for Pope.

23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

what chelsea fan is gonna be excited by pope?  how about england's number 1?  the big clubs want the big signings not the droll 10m signings.  look at united signing pogba when they could have gotten a ton of players for 1/3 the price.  sells tickets and kits.

Chelsea are looking at better keepers like Oblak. 

On 14/07/2020 at 02:00, markjazzbassist said:

Of course someone would buy him, he’s a good keeper. But doesn’t mean someone will buy him for a profit or for any sort of big money, or from a club that are lower down the table where he doesn’t want to go. 
Your idea that we can sell him at big money and buy better for less just doesn’t work. You then have the reason that Pope will be cheap because teams are struggling for money, if they are struggling for money then it makes it harder for us to sell players for good money. 
Clubs take risks with buying outfield players, there are nine others on the pitch to help reduce that risk. They don’t just take a punt on a keeper. 

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

😂 Not shouting, but reiterating that I said that the risk is different with outfield players as there are nine other. Which there are 🤔

Sorry my bad, I’ve miss read your original comment, yeah there are 9 other outfield players, must be too many San Miguel’s and being on holiday !  

I think we are going to need that many players that Pickfords going to have another season - he needs to mature and really prove himself as a reliable option between the sticks.

For me it’s

2x Cb’s ( Mina’s persistently injures) Gabriel or someone similar and maybe a Thiago silva.

2x Cm’s -
Proper ball winner - exactly what Gbamin is meant to be and hopefully his injury issues are done. 

Someone who can keep the ball. Rakitic has 1 yr on his contract and could be exactly what moutinho is to wolves for us but better.

Winger - just want 1 winger, who is fast and wants to be a winger.

Give kenny a go at Rb and coleman to compete.

Pickford on notice to improve. 

6 hours ago, Btay said:

I think we are going to need that many players that Pickfords going to have another season - he needs to mature and really prove himself as a reliable option between the sticks.

For me it’s

2x Cb’s ( Mina’s persistently injures) Gabriel or someone similar and maybe a Thiago silva.

2x Cm’s -
Proper ball winner - exactly what Gbamin is meant to be and hopefully his injury issues are done. 

Someone who can keep the ball. Rakitic has 1 yr on his contract and could be exactly what moutinho is to wolves for us but better.

Winger - just want 1 winger, who is fast and wants to be a winger.

Give kenny a go at Rb and coleman to compete.

Pickford on notice to improve. 

I'd agree with this.

The Rakitic shout is a great one as well. We need that player that can put his foot on the ball and calm everyone down when it all goes to shit unlike our other midfielders that lose their heads. I think we could probably add a third midfielder to break through in the season as well as I have very little faith in any of the players we currently have in that position!