IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not getting a CB in is a big miss, but on the whole I'm happy with the business we've done. It's going to be interesting seeing how we go; I'm both nervous and excited.

We are going to win most of our games 4-3 and a lot of us will suffer a heart attack before the end of the season, it’s going to be a Kevin Kegan and Newcastle United type of season, so enjoy the ride defending has gone out the window the need to score goals has taken over. 

Dare I say a Martinez sort of approach, this could be good or bad. 

But one things for sure we should see a lot of goals just not sure what end🤞

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

We are going to win most of our games 4-3 and a lot of us will suffer a heart attack before the end of the season, it’s going to be a Kevin Kegan and Newcastle United type of season, so enjoy the ride defending has gone out the window the need to score goals has taken over. 

Dare I say a Martinez sort of approach, this could be good or bad. 

But one things for sure we should see a lot of goals just not sure what end🤞

Think the complete opposite tbh. Don't think we'll tear many teams apart, but don't see us suddenly shipping tons of goals either. We're talking one replacement on last season's starting back 5, and the DM you didn't rate has gone. 

21 hours ago, Matt said:

I assume Niasse too. If I’m being optimistic, and we say £10m each on average for Henry, Tosun, Niasse and Bolasie, we’re actually in the black by a decent chunk with a massive wage reduction without affecting the actual squad depth :o 

I’d rather move Kev on than Morgan though, the latter actually seemed to have found himself again when called upon  

Martina will be more about saving wages, Stek isn’t going anywhere until his contract runs out. But still, :o 

Even though he is a cheese eating surrender monkey I'm inclined to agree that he's the best of the rest who might've gone.  Think he'll stay and so will Tosun.

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Think the complete opposite tbh. Don't think we'll tear many teams apart, but don't see us suddenly shipping tons of goals either. We're talking one replacement on last season's starting back 5, and the DM you didn't rate has gone. 

I agree. We have a new 19 yo striker and Iwobi has to prove he is more important to the team than Richarlison and Bernard. 

The bigger test will be whether Gbamin or Delph prove better at moving the ball forward than Gomes / Gana.

Onyekuru sold to Monaco.  Must have been part of the Sidibe deal.  12.5 we get back, all totals updated below

IN: Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Iwobi
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway, Robinson, Sambou, Lookman, Gana, J Williams, McCarthy, Onyekuru
LOAN IN: Sidibe (option to buy)
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Bowler, Broadhead, Besic
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala, Bowler, Broadhead

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams, Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Charsley, Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall, Renshaw

Spent: 110.5m

Received: 88m

Net Spend - 22.5m

29 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Now I’m confused, if they are paying €13.5m for Onyekuru , how is it not more money in the coffers? Have I missed something ?

Because we’ve spent more than we got in. So the money we got from him goes straight back out again to someone else. Don’t get me wrong, thats a good deal, but in the coffers for me means we keep it. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because we’ve spent more than we got in. So the money we got from him goes straight back out again to someone else. Don’t get me wrong, thats a good deal, but in the coffers for me means we keep it. 

Ok so it’s reduced the net spend even further, by the time the widow shuts we may well be in the black 

9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Tosun is staying, I'd put money on it.  He could've gone if we got Zaha in, but with our window shut we'd be well short up top.   The rest can go.

id rather re-coup as much money from him as possible, i'd keep niasse, its the 3rd striker position that sees almost no time, he's fine for that.  tosun is an asset we could get 15m for and clear the window breaking even.

A take on the window..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49319480

"Carteret Analytics use their system to advise seven clubs in England's top two tiers as well as 12 leading clubs from Europe and the rest of the world.

The data centres on the 'intrinsic value' of a player - a calculated fee based on performances for the selling club and the projected impact on the buying club, as well as taking into consideration their prime age (usually 26-30).

This is essentially the monetary value of the player's contribution to winning football matches and how influential he is to creating and preventing goal-scoring opportunities.

By assessing the intrinsic value, clubs can determine how much money they want to receive for a player and likewise, how much they are willing to spend on any new players."

"Everton raised eyebrows with their signing of 19-year-old forward Moise Kean from Italian champions Juventus. And they got a pretty fair deal, paying just £4m over his projected value, as well as fighting off competition from the likes of Borussia Dortmund.

They also did well to bring in Manchester City's Fabian Delph for under £9m. The versatile England international had a value of £54.58m to his selling club.

Midfielder Andre Gomes' permanent move from Barcelona cost just £22.5m too, a much lower fee than his intrinsic value to Everton. And of course, the signing of Arsenal's Iwobi was another good piece of business.

But Everton were not as shrewd when it came to selling. Midfielder Idrissa Gueye's move to Paris St-Germain fell £26m short of his intrinsic value."

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s analysing how much each player is worth to their club. Just like Saha was worth 100m to Crystal Palace.

Anyone that supported Everton when Mikel Arteta played for us will understand this. It’s not how much you sell a player for, but how much it costs to replace that player with the same caliber.

Hence why Kean wasn’t worth much to Juve. He hardly played.

So true. Never replaced Arteta. Gomes closest we’ve come and it’s been near a decade now. 

On 13/08/2019 at 16:08, Shukes said:

It’s analysing how much each player is worth to their club. Just like Saha was worth 100m to Crystal Palace.

Anyone that supported Everton when Mikel Arteta played for us will understand this. It’s not how much you sell a player for, but how much it costs to replace that player with the same caliber.

Hence why Kean wasn’t worth much to Juve. He hardly played.

I like the way they are trying to get a value, by attaching things beyond what "the market" says, but ultimately it's rubbish. Whoever has an asset, sets the Sell Price, period. Whoever wants the asset sets the Buying Price, period. When SP=BP there is a transaction, and that is "the value". Ultimately only 2 parties determine the value of a player, a haircut or a house - basic economics.

Looking at it 6 months a year or whatever down the road is totally different.We know exactly what Kean (or Iwobe et al) was worth August 2019. Next window or next summer it may look like a great deal for us, or poor one.  But then we are speculating on 2020 value vs actual 2019 value which is inherently flawed.

Zaha is good example, we will never know his 2019 "value", because there wasn't a transaction, but we assume it was somewhere between 50-100M. In January or next summer we will speculate what it SHOULD have been in August 2019 and be happy or bummed in retrospect, because that's what we do.

Here’s a difference to setting a selling/buying price and what a player is worth.

Just as in any walk of life. A friend of mine has an old action man tank in his attic in pristine condition. He won’t sell it because there isn’t a person in the planet that can afford it.

The world isn’t made up of black and white, no matter what business minds may think 😉

Great analogy. To much analytical thinking now a days. Where’s the emotion? Watching a match on TV can be like watching a game of FIFA. Even in the middle of winter the pitches are bright green and perfect. Great for the players but I miss the chaos a winter pitch used to cause. The games so different now and not all for the better.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Here’s a difference to setting a selling/buying price and what a player is worth.

Just as in any walk of life. A friend of mine has an old action man tank in his attic in pristine condition. He won’t sell it because there isn’t a person in the planet that can afford it.

The world isn’t made up of black and white, no matter what business minds may think 😉