IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm not arsed about results in preseason. I'm arsed Silva isn't taking responsibility. 

I just went off last year. Didn't realise he'd been there for two. So city had 0 new starters then last year, you've strengthened my point if anything. 

Rodri springs to mind, without looking up further 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rodri springs to mind, without looking up further 

He's new for this season, and he's come in to replace one of the old guard. 

We've collected loads of players since Moshiri come. If Alladyce can get 8th with the mess, I expect the next manager to do better after the clean up job Brands did. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

Responsibility for what? If you’re not arsed about pre season that is. 

The preseason being poor. This is what I said earlier in the thread. 

On 27/07/2019 at 21:27, pete0 said:

Hate that he never takes responsibility about the the football being poor and is very Martinez. Fair enough preseason is more about fitness and I'd have no qualms if he said that's the most important thing but I want him to add he's disappointed the football isn't flowing and they'll work on it rather than blame the tired players and excusing the second match as it's the reserves. For me it wasn't the quality of the players that was the issue today, man for man we have more quality than Mainz, it's the tactics that aren't working/isn't creating enough chances. 

49 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm not arsed about results in preseason. I'm arsed Silva isn't taking responsibility. 

I just went off last year. Didn't realise he'd been there for two. So city had 0 new starters then last year, you've strengthened my point if anything. 

You should be PM mate you could show BJ a thing or two about spinning your own bollocks! 

Just now, nogs said:

You should be PM mate you could show BJ a thing or two about spinning your own bollocks! 

How's stating facts spinning bollocks? I had one error and it was in my arguments favour when you corrected it. Average number of first team players brought in by the clubs above is was 1. We've already brought one in. We managed just fine doing with Moyes and then it was harder as we weren't adding we were replacing. 

20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

How's stating facts spinning bollocks? I had one error and it was in my arguments favour when you corrected it. Average number of first team players brought in by the clubs above is was 1. We've already brought one in. We managed just fine doing with Moyes and then it was harder as we weren't adding we were replacing. 

You said 'most' teams don't bring in 6 first team players over the course of two close seasons, using that as a pretext to imply Silva should be happy with what he's got. I've already shown you're wrong about Liverpool and Man City, who have both signed 6-plus first teamers over the past two years, and that's from positions of having much stronger squads than we do to start with. They are the current best examples going of how to invest to progress, which is exactly what we should be doing. 

BTW, just had a quick scan of Transfer Markt. I count 9 first team Chelsea arrivals since summer 2017, 6 for Man Utd, 4 for Spurs, 9 for Arsenal. So in the two close seasons we've had under Silva, we've still signed less than the average number signed in the previous two years by all the teams we're trying to catch up to. And that's while trying to undo the damage of the 2017/18 summer window. 

Just an opinion, but I'd be fucking furious with any manager and DoF who was 'accepting what we've got' at this stage. 

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's new for this season, and he's come in to replace one of the old guard. 

We've collected loads of players since Moshiri come. If Alladyce can get 8th with the mess, I expect the next manager to do better after the clean up job Brands did. 

The preseason being poor. This is what I said earlier in the thread. 

You decided you didn't like Silva before he came, because you wanted to keep Allardyce around. Now that's someone who doesn't "get Everton." I find it hypocritical that you are upset with Silva for not taking responsibility when that other tub of lard deflected blame after every single match.

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

But your not bothered about pre season, so why are you bothered about him taking responsibility? That’s what I don’t get. 

It’s pre season, so who cares really?

I don't know how I can be any clearer. I'm arsed about him deflecting and blaming others, rather than taking responsibility. Not just preseason, but as a man in general he is lacking. If you can't accept you need to improve you never will, and by looking for excuses rather than improvements you will never be good enough for your club. 

15 minutes ago, nogs said:

You said 'most' teams don't bring in 6 first team players over the course of two close seasons, using that as a pretext to imply Silva should be happy with what he's got. I've already shown you're wrong about Liverpool and Man City, who have both signed 6-plus first teamers over the past two years, and that's from positions of having much stronger squads than we do to start with. They are the current best examples going of how to invest to progress, which is exactly what we should be doing. 

BTW, just had a quick scan of Transfer Markt. I count 9 first team Chelsea arrivals since summer 2017, 6 for Man Utd, 4 for Spurs, 9 for Arsenal. So in the two close seasons we've had under Silva, we've still signed less than the average number signed in the previous two years by all the teams we're trying to catch up to. And that's while trying to undo the damage of the 2017/18 summer window. 

Just an opinion, but I'd be fucking furious with any manager and DoF who was 'accepting what we've got' at this stage. 

I've done last years. Feel free to post the season before. 

We've got 5 in already. A full team if you count the two seasons before. Yet the manager wants another 5! Very MO'N at Villa. At what point do you say actually as a coach you should be getting the players you've got playing? 

5 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

You decided you didn't like Silva before he came, because you wanted to keep Allardyce around. Now that's someone who doesn't "get Everton." I find it hypocritical that you are upset with Silva for not taking responsibility when that other tub of lard deflected blame after every single match.

He had an unbalanced squad of other managers players. Addressed our lack of pace (Walcott) and a striker (Tosun), did want a midfielder (Nzonzi) as well but it fell through. 

I was unsure on Silva and didn't like how the club approached him. Didn't know enough about him to have that strong of an opinion. 

Manager wise I want Mourinho. 

Just now, pete0 said:

He had an unbalanced squad of other managers players. Addressed our lack of pace (Walcott) and a striker (Tosun), did want a midfielder (Nzonzi) as well but it fell through. 

I was unsure on Silva and didn't like how the club approached him. Didn't know enough about him to have that strong of an opinion. 

Avoiding my point. You're mad at Silva for not taking responsibility. Sam never took responsibility.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

You liked fat Sam and you want that dinosaur? 

24 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Avoiding my point. You're mad at Silva for not taking responsibility. Sam never took responsibility.

So that means Silva doesn't have to? Alladyce was working with a mess and got 8th, my biggest criticism would be that he never gave the youth enough of a chance (still he did more than Silva). 

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

You liked fat Sam and you want that dinosaur? 

Not like but can appreciate his experience. I'd have liked him to stay one more year to sort the defence and midfield out. Preference before he come was Unsworth but with Allardyce come and help Unsworth. 

Mourinho had a mess and got them second on the league and won the Europa only 2 years ago, premier league 4 years ago.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose-mourinho/erfolge/trainer/781

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

So that means Silva doesn't have to? Alladyce was working with a mess and got 8th, my biggest criticism would be that he never gave the youth enough of a chance (still he did more than Silva). 

Not like but can appreciate his experience. I'd have liked him to stay one more year to sort the defence and midfield out.

Mourinho had a mess and got them second on the league and won the Europa only 2 years ago, premier league 4 years ago.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose-mourinho/erfolge/trainer/781

No, I'm saying be consistent in your criticisms. Allardyce didn't get Everton and didn't deserve to stay here any longer. He also had us play the most boring football I've ever watched us play.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

No, I'm saying be consistent in your criticisms. Allardyce didn't get Everton and didn't deserve to stay here any longer. He also had us play the most boring football I've ever watched us play.

He didn't have the 5 extra players Silva did. Can you imagine what Silva world have done with that sane squad? We'd have been a lot closer to relegation. 

I'm sure I did criticise Alladyce were and when he deserved it. He kept picking Gana for one and dropped Vlasic. 

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He didn't have the 5 extra players Silva did. Can you imagine what Silva world have done with that sane squad? We'd have been a lot closer to relegation. 

I'm sure I did criticise Alladyce were and when he deserved it. He kept picking Gana for one and dropped Vlasic. 

But you don't know that as fact, so what Silva would or wouldn't have done is irrelevant. All I'm reading is that you're making excuses for Allardyce to justify your criticism of Silva when Allardyce was way worse at taking responsibility. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

I don't know how I can be any clearer. I'm arsed about him deflecting and blaming others, rather than taking responsibility. Not just preseason, but as a man in general he is lacking. If you can't accept you need to improve you never will, and by looking for excuses rather than improvements you will never be good enough for your club. 

I've done last years. Feel free to post the season before. 

We've got 5 in already. A full team if you count the two seasons before. Yet the manager wants another 5! Very MO'N at Villa. At what point do you say actually as a coach you should be getting the players you've got playing? 

When he's got enough players in that he thinks are good enough. 

43 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

But you don't know that as fact, so what Silva would or wouldn't have done is irrelevant. All I'm reading is that you're making excuses for Allardyce to justify your criticism of Silva when Allardyce was way worse at taking responsibility. 

What excuses to justify? 

I've said Silva doesn't take responsibility. Do you think he does? 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Why should Silva have an appraisal in front of the media. I find it absolutely ridiculous that anyone actually listens to a word a manager says in a press conference, especially one where English isnt their first language. Its all about deflection and psychology. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Fuck me, justifying a manager by saying he signed Walcott and Tosun. Both expensive and at least one on big wages and both unlikely to see a profit once inflation has been taken into account.

Mourinho 😂😂😂 You arent happy about Silva deflecting and yet you want Mourinho!? Hilarious.

Anyway...Summer Transfer Window...Just thinking how frustrating it must be as a manager, if you want new players and have identified key areas, to be less than 2 weeks away from the new season and still not have the blokes in.

I always hope we get stuff done early...I think we did last year??? It's not a critiscm of anyone, just seems to be a tricky window.

I've no doubt we'll get some signings. No idea who. Just wish they'd happen a lot earlier.

18 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Anyway...Summer Transfer Window...Just thinking how frustrating it must be as a manager, if you want new players and have identified key areas, to be less than 2 weeks away from the new season and still not have the blokes in.

I always hope we get stuff done early...I think we did last year??? It's not a critiscm of anyone, just seems to be a tricky window.

I've no doubt we'll get some signings. No idea who. Just wish they'd happen a lot earlier.

Totally agree mate, now prepare yourself for the flack I had plenty for saying the same thing, or maybe it was because they don’t like me, but either way we are always last to the party 🎈 sorry the balloon is red but I didn’t buy them. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Totally agree mate, now prepare yourself for the flack I had plenty for saying the same thing, or maybe it was because they don’t like me, but either way we are always last to the party 🎈 sorry the balloon is red but I didn’t buy them. 

We love ya mate.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Three weeks ago wasn’t the time to worry mate, now is a whole lot more reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Three weeks ago wasn’t the time to worry mate, now is a whole lot more reasonable. 

Steve mate I know the script with us no matter who's in control it never changes, last summer's transfer window they were running through the streets of Barcelona with hours left to get deals done, if they carry on in this vein they could be running through the streets of Grimsby try to get deals done😃