IGNORED

Yerry Mina

44 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Chelsea are a big ask for him to start but Keane is coming into his own at the minute be interesting to see if he makes the England squad. Playing better than the Burnley lad 

Keane should be proud of that because, apparently, both Burnley centre-backs are better than he is. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Looked a bit dodgy positionally but it was his first start. 

Wasn’t sure if it was him or Digne constantly out of position, there was a massive gaping hole of space between them. 

Still, as you say, first start and on a big stage. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wasn’t sure if it was him or Digne constantly out of position, there was a massive gaping hole of space between them. 

Still, as you say, first start and on a big stage. 

BBC live text said  'Everton free kick out on the wing, Yerry Mina to swing it in'?   Given his size, I thought he would be on the end of free kicks, not taking them.

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

I felt a bit nervous whenever he was looking to put a tackle in, Zouma should come back in next week, i'd feel a lot more at ease. 

First competitive game in a fairly long time against a quality side, all in all he did well and looked solid considering 

Good managerial headache for Silva either way 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I thought he did well for his first game this season he should be in front of Zouma who is on loan and will more than likely be gone at the end of the season. So let Mina have every opportunity to fit into the team and strike up a partnership with Keane   

Sounds like we’re going to switch to 3 at the back. 

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't like it at all, but hopefully Silva can succeed where all of our other manager's that have attempted it have failed miserably.

Do you mean the 4-2-3-1?

i think we are getting closer to the right personal.

3-4-3 has been my favourite formation for a while, I just don’t know who to drop to make it happen, although it’s good to have options.

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't like it at all, but hopefully Silva can succeed where all of our other manager's that have attempted it have failed miserably.

I thought it did help us at the end against Chelsea however they did have that one big chance to exploit it when Mina was about 10 yards out of position. 

I thought it did work for him at Watford but then again I thought it worked for Martinez at Wigan. I just dont like it generally and most teams are moving away from it again.