IGNORED

Yerry Mina

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought it did help us at the end against Chelsea however they did have that one big chance to exploit it when Mina was about 10 yards out of position. 

I thought it did work for him at Watford but then again I thought it worked for Martinez at Wigan. I just dont like it generally and most teams are moving away from it again.

Silva seems to know what he’s doing, so if anyone is going to make it work for us it’s him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he did ok but was beaten in the air to easily for a big guy. I like the way he has a bit of grit, but he needs to strengthen up a bit so he can bully players off the ball.  Today he had a smaller player back into him and push him back every time the ball was in the air. 

Not sure why, but he makes me nervous.

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

The best thing he did for me yesterday was moaning at Pickford for not giving him the ball. We need more players like that, great attitude and desire. Looks awkward but I like him, strong as an ox too. 

I liked it when he took no shit from the 1980's Sunday league throw back. 

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

I thought he did ok but was beaten in the air to easily for a big guy. I like the way he has a bit of grit, but he needs to strengthen up a bit so he can bully players off the ball.  Today he had a smaller player back into him and push him back every time the ball was in the air. 

Not sure why, but he makes me nervous.

I noticed that a couple of times too, especially on long balls. He almost gave them some time and space as he was a couple of yards off them. 

It might have been a tactic, it might just be a bit of rustiness like it was with Gomes but whatever it was its not like it didnt work this week.

Best part for me was seeing him drive the ball forward. Bugs me that centre halves just play the ball forward 10 yards for the midfield. Carry it forward and get the midfield higher up the pitch before you give it to them. 

He also made a run similar to what Wenger had from his centre halves, especially Vermaelen. Carried the ball forward and then carried on and got in the box for the attack. No doubt he'll get exposed at some point but with his confidence to go forward and get involved I'd expect him to help get more goals than he gives away. 

On 25/11/2018 at 10:41, pete0 said:

Best part for me was seeing him drive the ball forward. Bugs me that centre halves just play the ball forward 10 yards for the midfield. Carry it forward and get the midfield higher up the pitch before you give it to them.  

He also made a run similar to what Wenger had from his centre halves, especially Vermaelen. Carried the ball forward and then carried on and got in the box for the attack. No doubt he'll get exposed at some point but with his confidence to go forward and get involved I'd expect him to help get more goals than he gives away. 

Yeah saw that, it was frustrating that we didnt get a ball into the box.

That gallop that he has is proper weird! legs flying everywhere when he hits full speed! Thought he had a bad start but then settled down and was solid. Its been a long time since ive seen a central defender get the ball and push forward the way he did, long may that continue!

• 3 weeks later...

He was 100% at fault for the first goal, just dinked it into midfield instead of down the line, then played them onside when the rest held the line, amateurish at best.

But dont forget it took Kean over a year to settle and he was from this league, this lads only played a few games in the premier league. 

4 hours ago, seve said:

He was 100% at fault for the first goal, just dinked it into midfield instead of down the line, then played them onside when the rest held the line, amateurish at best.

But dont forget it took Kean over a year to settle and he was from this league, this lads only played a few games in the premier league. 

We've done that play in the last 3 games. Think it's the manager wanting it played that way. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Don't see how you can blame him for the first goal. That's purely down to the shit tactic for the keeper to play it short outwide which leaves a huge gap in midfield to be exploited if you lose possession. Doubt many teams will use that tactic at the etihad this season. 

Not blame him? He’s a professional footballer and kicked it aimlessly to one of their players 30 yards from our goal then never bothered his arse getting out for the offside. It was fucking shocking. Basic stuff, hoof it for a throw, up the line, put his laces through it and put it past half way, he looked like he just kicked it without thinking. 

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Not blame him? He’s a professional footballer and kicked it aimlessly to one of their players 30 yards from our goal then never bothered his arse getting out for the offside. It was fucking shocking. Basic stuff, hoof it for a throw, up the line, put his laces through it and put it past half way, he looked like he just kicked it without thinking. 

He's playing it to the centre mids. It's fucking gash but we've done that the last 2 games as well. We were lucky Watford didn't punish us for it.