IGNORED

Yerry Mina

6 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Awful error for the first goal without doubt. My concern is that we're not seeing the aerial prowess we all thought he had, at either end of the pitch.

Really? You’ve not seen him winning headers at the back? Before yesterday’s mess we’ve seen plenty. 

11 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I don't think he's being written off in any way but maybe shouldn't start all games whilst he adapts to the Prem. We do have a squad now and some rotation ought to be possible, Zouma put in a good shift yesterday.

Yeah I agree Zouma and Keane should be first choice and Mina should ween his way into the squad. I think Marco is starting Mina because he is our player and there is no guarantee that Zouma will be here next year - I suppose the quickest way of Mina adapting is to be thrown in the deep end. 

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

After his first couple of games, people were slamming Digne. Now he's winning plaudits. Can we display a little patience with Mina? It takes time to adjust to a new league and a new team, and it's unfair to write people off so soon.

Nobodys writing him off- just pointing out he had a mare on Saturday- Which he did.

48 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46648480

Anyone know what this is about, can't make out the words to the only chant I can find online (to the tune of Have You Seen Her)?

Edit: It's... 

We’ll sing his name everywhere we go

From the Gwladys street & away from home

Yerry Mina

Oh oh oh

Yerry Mina

So nothing racist there.

That's because that's not the chant, there is one which mentions Colombian Narcotics and his Manhood!

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Assumed as much, what's the "offensive" one? 

(PM me if you think it really is offensive, just like to make up my own mind)

IMO it’s a bit of a stretch to call it racist

He’s 6 foot 5 and his name is Yerry Mina,

His cock’s like a hose on a vacuum cleaner,

Goes on the lemo with David Ospina,

Hey Yerry Mina! 

( To the tune of hey Macarena )

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

IMO it’s a bit of a stretch to call it racist

He’s 6 foot 5 and his name is Yerry Mina,

His cock’s like a hose on a vacuum cleaner,

Goes on the lemo with David Ospina,

Hey Yerry Mina! 

( To the tune of hey Macarena )

I think that’s pretty funny myself. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That's not racist.

They'll argue that it's buying into a racial stereotype (that black men are well hung) but why would anyone have a problem with that (unless they're a white man with a small penis)? It's in no way offensive for me, just a bit of fun. "Racism" is surely when you're derogatory about someone because of their colour, not when you use an urban myth (is it?) to big someone up.

Madness.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They'll argue that it's buying into a racial stereotype (that black men are well hung) but why would anyone have a problem with that (unless they're a white man with a small penis)? It's in no way offensive for me, just a bit of fun. "Racism" is surely when you're derogatory about someone because of their colour, not when you use an urban myth (is it?) to big someone up.

Madness.

PC going mad I've been called a Geordie twat or a northern cunt, have I been racially abused no just insulted probably more because the truth hurts.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

At worst it's stereotyping black lads have big cocks and Columbians take cocaine, fuck me it's banter, I'm amazed that's been classed as Racist you'd struggle to prove it as offensive.

There's not even an indication of his race in that chant. Maybe he's got a big cock because he's 6 ft 5 (maybe he's got a small cock! Who knows?) Columbia is infamous for its cocaine - now like you say thats a stereotype. 

How many people has sacrificed their well-being and even their lives to end slavery, racism and to promote equality between all walks of life? Calling that racist is down right disrespectful to those people and it happens all too often now days.

Can't even mimick an accent without being branded as racist. Makes me laugh.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Madness.

:otvwhistle: