IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I would call what Son did unprofessional not professional and for that he most definitely should have been shown a red card, he has a history of this type of incident, and calling it or him professional is to legitimise and absorb him of the reason or blame for Gomes injury. 

You're being pedantic - Tactical, professional, whatever you want to call it. I agree he should have been shown a red card as it would not be appropriate for him to remain on the field with the extent of the injury and how it could be perceived by others on the field.

Is it his fault that Gomes got injured? Yes. Did Son intend to cause such injury? No. Will those types of tackles still happen every single week? Absolutely. 

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

You're being pedantic - Tactical, professional, whatever you want to call it. I agree he should have been shown a red card as it would not be appropriate for him to remain on the field with the extent of the injury and how it could be perceived by others on the field.

Is it his fault that Gomes got injured? Yes. Did Son intend to cause such injury? No. Will those types of tackles still happen every single week? Absolutely. 

Have you not just answered your own first question, which is a yes. 

On 06/11/2019 at 22:04, Aidan said:

Seemed to apoligse to the camera when he scored tonight in dedication to Gomes. A bit cheesy, and as angry as I am with what happened Son had absolutely no intention to endanger Gomes with that challenge. It was a professional foul that had a very unlikely and unlucky outcome. 

You could see how torn up the poor lad was, I feel for him. 

Poor lad he was playing and scoring a few days later, unlucky Gomes won’t be for months because of that poor lad.  

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Except that he did make contact with the ankle both with the tackling foot then again with the follow through with his other leg 

Not in the replay I saw but I don’t want to look at it again so I can’t argue. 

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

Except that he did make contact with the ankle both with the tackling foot then again with the follow through with his other leg 

Feck sake. Copied the quote from in your one from @duncanmckenzieismagic 

Any how just rewatched it. Son's foot is in front of Gomes' initially, with Son's heel roughly hitting the right hand side and toes end on Gomes' boot. 

Gomes' next stride then rides on Son's trailing leg, it's this that knocks Gomes off balance. As he slipped off he falls at an angle which makes his foot get caught in turf. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Poor lad he was playing and scoring a few days later, unlucky Gomes won’t be for months because of that poor lad.  

Obviously gomes came off worse, but sons reaction was almost identical to Rondons - he was gutted like any of us would be after an accident

Serious tribal mentality for blues at the moment, and I understand why. But like I said before I firmly believe if Gomes was the perpetrator we would be defending him. 

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not in the replay I saw but I don’t want to look at it again so I can’t argue. 

look at it from that angle, he’s already hit him with his tackling foot and you can see his trailing leg about to follow through while Gomes foot is already at an odd angle 

To me a professional foul is taking one for the team with a deliberate trip or pull of the shirt to stop the opposition from breaking away and IMO that was not what Son was thinking , it was a revenge tackle pure and simple 

It’s not like he hasn’t got form for it either so forgive me for not falling for the love in for him, the decision is a disgrace and the club are far too soft just rolling over and accepting it

If Peter Reid was still playing for us he would snap Son in half in the return fixture which is a lot closer to what he actually deserves rather than all this pathetic molly coddling

Not only has Son got away with one he is being made out to be the victim, it’s as equally infuriating as it is pathetic and unjust 

33 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Obviously gomes came off worse, but sons reaction was almost identical to Rondons - he was gutted like any of us would be after an accident

Serious tribal mentality for blues at the moment, and I understand why. But like I said before I firmly believe if Gomes was the perpetrator we would be defending him. 

Identical in that they were completely different like. Rondon broke McCarthy's leg having a shot and kicking the back of James' leg as he blocked it, and Son has deliberately gone after Gomes.

Rondon, quite rightly, got sympathy from everyone because that really was an accident. A freak one at that. This was not.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

look at it from that angle, he’s already hit him with his tackling foot and you can see his trailing leg about to follow through while Gomes foot is already at an odd angle 

That's a still from a poor angle. Gomes steps on Son's leg which makes him off balance, he then awkwardly plants his foot after stepping off Son's leg as he's unbalanced. 

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That's a still from a poor angle. Gomes steps on Son's leg which makes him off balance, he then awkwardly plants his foot after stepping off Son's leg as he's unbalanced. 

He doesn’t , Son’s tackling foot goes over the top of Gomes’ foot and traps his ankle , then his trailing leg wipes him out

A7F1CAF8-354C-4638-8CCF-CEB17EA949BC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Identical in that they were completely different like. Rondon broke McCarthy's leg having a shot and kicking the back of James' leg as he blocked it, and Son has deliberately gone after Gomes.

Rondon, quite rightly, got sympathy from everyone because that really was an accident. A freak one at that. This was not.

It's a poor, nasty challenge and one that Gomes will have made several times in his career without the intent to seriously injure someone. 

No, the challenge was not an accident, the outcome of it was. Son was reckless, but not malicious. 

16 minutes ago, Aidan said:

It's a poor, nasty challenge and one that Gomes will have made several times in his career without the intent to seriously injure someone. 

No, the challenge was not an accident, the outcome of it was. Son was reckless, but not malicious. 

There are countless punch-ups outside pubs/clubs all over the country every Friday/Saturday night, probably all with pretty much the same intent. In a tiny minority of these someone is seriously hurt or killed; when that happens the offender is punished with GBH or manslaughter and will be shipped off to prison. Just saying that if an incident outside a pub is judged on outcome rather than intent why shouldn't the same apply on a sports-field?

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He doesn’t , Son’s tackling foot goes over the top of Gomes’ foot and traps his ankle , then his trailing leg wipes him out

A7F1CAF8-354C-4638-8CCF-CEB17EA949BC.jpeg

Again that's just a picture. 

His foot doesn’t get trapped by the trailing leg, he steps on Son's leg and then when he plants his foot it gets stuck in the turf and pops under his weight. 

Route cause and analysis being used in football for a tackle. The start of the end of football.

If we’re going this way then your all saying it’s Gomes fault surely? Isn’t hat he point of ROUTE CAUSE? 

Gomes elbows Son in the face, which starts a chain of events that ends in a devastating injury. 

I fear for football.

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Again that's just a picture. 

His foot doesn’t get trapped by the trailing leg, he steps on Son's leg and then when he plants his foot it gets stuck in the turf and pops under his weight. 

So if somebody had photographic evidence of you murdering someone, you would build your defence in court around “it’s just a picture” ? 🥴

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He was malicious though. Obviously not wanting to break Gomes’ leg but he’s not going to win the ball, he’s wanting to go in on him and leave a mark. That’s malicious as far as I’m concerned. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

There are countless punch-ups outside pubs/clubs all over the country every Friday/Saturday night, probably all with pretty much the same intent. In a tiny minority of these someone is seriously hurt or killed; when that happens the offender is punished with GBH or manslaughter and will be shipped off to prison. Just saying that if an incident outside a pub is judged on outcome rather than intent why shouldn't the same apply on a sports-field?

Because sport is a defence for assault. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

If you act recklessly in the eye of the law you are guilty, being reckless does not make you innocent it proves your guilty. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

So why was Dunc sent to prison?

Serious question? Do I even need to answer that. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If you act recklessly in the eye of the law you are guilty, being reckless does not make you innocent it proves your guilty. 

Guilty of what? A bad challenge or purposely breaking someone's ankle?