IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

Manslaughter is actions that cause death unintentionally, through negligence or accident. where Murder is intentionally going out to kill.

The two don’t share the same punishment.

Which would you say Son is guilty of, intentionally setting out to break a leg, or endangering the person through negligence?

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Manslaughter is actions that cause death unintentionally, through negligence or accident. where Murder is intentionally going out to kill.

The two don’t share the same punishment.

Which would you say Son is guilty of, intentionally setting out to break a leg, or endangering the person through negligence?

I’m going to implement my right to remain silent and no comment 😀.

Like I said negligence is no defence he’s guilty of breaking Gomes ankle with a dirty challenge from behind, which should have stood as a 3 match ban, but some are trying to portray him as innocent of any wrongdoing, and even worse in my opinion actually feel sorry for him whilst Gomes is going through a nightmare for a footballer. 
For me justice has not been meted out even if yellow stood that wouldn’t be the correct punishment. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m going to implement my right to remain silent and no comment 😀.

Like I said negligence is no defence he’s guilty of breaking Gomes ankle with a dirty challenge from behind, which should have stood as a 3 match ban, but some are trying to portray him as innocent of any wrongdoing, and even worse in my opinion actually feel sorry for him whilst Gomes is going through a nightmare for a footballer. 
For me justice has not been meted out even if yellow stood that wouldn’t be the correct punishment. 

No I get that mate.

I don’t think he should be absolved at all. But as a human I do recognise that he must have been through a tough time as well. I know I would.

I remember a lady I managed who had cancer (she lost that battle bless her) shouting at a women at work for complaining about a migraine. You can imagine the old “ what the fuck are you complaining about, I’m dying of cancer”.

I had to take her away into my office and explain that her cancer isn’t stop the other ladies migraine from hurting. 

As much as I think Son should take responsibility for his actions, I don’t think he’s an evil James Bond villain. I also don’t believe an eye for an eye is the right way to go.

If the injury hadn't happened, we wouldn’t complain at a yellow card at all.

Cue the “but it did” 

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No I get that mate.

I don’t think he should be absolved at all. But as a human I do recognise that he must have been through a tough time as well. I know I would.

I remember a lady I managed who had cancer (she lost that battle bless her) shouting at a women at work for complaining about a migraine. You can imagine the old “ what the fuck are you complaining about, I’m dying of cancer”.

I had to take her away into my office and explain that her cancer isn’t stop the other ladies migraine from hurting. 

As much as I think Son should take responsibility for his actions, I don’t think he’s an evil James Bond villain. I also don’t believe an eye for an eye is the right way to go.

If the injury hadn't happened, we wouldn’t complain at a yellow card at all.

Cue the “but it did” 

I agree with you mate, but it did as you said at that is why the reactions from a lot of people not just on here are so angry against Son, for a malicious foul that led to a horrendous injury  and the inept way the FA later dealt with it. 

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So if somebody had photographic evidence of you murdering someone, you would build your defence in court around “it’s just a picture” ? 🥴

I'd show the video of the better angle showing I never. 

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

No because it’s just a picture 😜

In all seriousness no it doesn’t because he has slid in from behind he traps Gomes ankle then the damage is done by the trailing leg

It doesn't get trapped, Gomes steps in the trailing leg. 

22 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is the entire point for me, whichever we you try and paint this his tackle , and those impacts, are the  direct cause of Gomes injury. If he doesn’t deliberately set out to do Gomes ( and I’m very clear in this , Son’s intent was most definitely not to just trip Gomes ) then this injury doesn’t happen 

If he made the same tackle with the same consequences on Mo Salah or Kevin de Bruyne do you honestly think he would get away with it ?

They aren't direct at all as Gomes' takes a step in between. Son would be guilty of bringing him down his ankle isnt injured until after he plants it into the ground whilst trying to stop himself going into Aurier. If Aurier isnt there I imagine Gomes runs on or at worst, falls down forwards and not doing the same injury.

I don't care about who is happens to. The challenge warranted a foul and a booking regardless of whether it was Gomes, KDB or my nan.

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He doesn’t , Son’s tackling foot goes over the top of Gomes’ foot and traps his ankle , then his trailing leg wipes him out

A7F1CAF8-354C-4638-8CCF-CEB17EA949BC.jpeg

His trailing leg doesn't "wipe him out". Stop taking stills and watch the video.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was malicious though. Obviously not wanting to break Gomes’ leg but he’s not going to win the ball, he’s wanting to go in on him and leave a mark. That’s malicious as far as I’m concerned. 

I think you can see clearly from the picture above in respect of where his leg is that he hasn't gone to leave a mark. He would have gone into the side of his shin if he wanted to leave a mark, at least I would. He has gone for the trip and that's why his leg is in front. If he has gone to do him its a pretty shoddy attempt IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Finn your absolutely right, but it’s up to us, the Parents to help give our kids the right moral compass, my lads 15 now,  we’ve always tried to show him right and wrong, tell him what’s shallow and what’s important in life, we always bring food for the food bank to each game, I make him carry the bag, if he whinges cos it’s heavy, I remind him that what he is carrying is helping people less fortunate, and ask him if he’s ever gone hungry for more than a couple of hours. 
We always look out for Speedo Mick as well and drop some cash in his bucket, another great bloke IMO.

That’s lovely wiggly well done pal