IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday November 3rd

markjazzbassist

Siggy looks awesome today though. 

And I think today my name is Pshukes! Gana has been ok for most the half, but has gave away two very simple balls. Frustrating.

We should still be winning this though. Had so much of the ball in their third. Should be getting more efforts on target.

1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

Brighton's Ex-Evertonian defender Shane Duffy on BBC live text:

"We knew coming here they were a good team and we had to keep it tight. They didn't have to work hard for their goals. They are good here. A couple of individual mistakes, which happens. It is a bad day at the office. We didn't play second half, they dominated the game and fully deserved it. They are going places."

Good lad :)

So is Shane Duffy. Richarlison sent him to a whole new reality :lol: 

A slow start as mentioned but even in the first half we were the dominant team, Sigurdsson I think it was hitting into the ground in the first few minutes which would have been the perfect way to begin the game, we had a handful of other chances too that had we converted would have turned things into a rout. Gutted to concede in such poor fashion and something which I'm sure Silva won't be happy about but it's three points heading into the Chelsea game. 

Pickford didn't have much to do, couldn't do anything about the goal and had just the one save to make in the second half I believe. Zouma and Keane were once again class, not sure who lost Dunk for the Brighton goal so will have to see it again. Digne was again fantastic, a phenomenal signing and whilst Coleman was poor in the first half for me turned the screw in the second and took his goal brilliantly. After that I thought he was back to his usual self, brilliant to watch.

Gomes with another Crystal Palace-like performance, superb in the middle alongside Gueye doing the yard work. Theo didn't really get a grip on the game but always looks a threat with his pace, a 6/10 performance along with Bernard who had flashes of brilliance but never really took the game by the scruff of the neck always losing the physical battle against Bong, Duffy and Dunk. 

Sigurdsson in the middle was how we've come to expect. Quiet but by no means a passenger, a great assist for Richarlison (my MOTM) and a constant threat acting as the pivot in the middle. Richarlison up top took a few knocks, he really does seem to get  bullied which he will have to overcome but two well taken goals. The first with his back to goal under pressure and the second totally leaving Duffy for dead and rounding the goalkeeper, a fantastic move to seal the game. 

Good to see Mina on the pitch too even if it was for a few minutes. Excited to see what he can bring to the team. 

Based on what I saw we looked like a complete team. Not really having much to worry about at the back whilst dominating possession and creating enough chances to win the game comfortably. What probably impressed me most was after we had scored the 3rd goal. To see Richarlison and Siggy haring after the ball straight from the kick off is a sign of a very good side. How many times under Martinez did we see us go ahead and then think we had done enough to win the game and invited them on to us. This side want to win and win well and win with a bit of attitude. It was probably the best I can remember us playing since the early Martinez days.

I didn't see one weak link. There were a couple of 6/10 across the pitch but we had a fair few 8 or 9 out of 10's. We have partnerships blossoming across the park. We have a young, hungry and talented bench and now all we need to do is turnover one of the "top 6". When we start doing that, the confidence in the squad is going to blossom further.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Is this what I’ve been missing? Finally got to watch the game, and fuck me that was exceptional

This is why I wanted Silva. I seen enough in his games at hull and Watford to see a courage in getting players to go about the game as he wants to.  The players respond to him.

There will be no star players in his team.  He needs 11 men all working together.  We are playing with no recognised striker but look more threatening than we have in years.   The interplay and running off the ball in the final third is as good as I've seen in a long time. 

Some team is gonna get a proper hiding off us soon. A 6 or 7 nil game. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

This is why I wanted Silva. I seen enough in his games at hull and Watford to see a courage in getting players to go about the game as he wants to.  The players respond to him.

There will be no star players in his team.  He needs 11 men all working together.  We are playing with no recognised striker but look more threatening than we have in years.   The interplay and running off the ball in the final third is as good as I've seen in a long time. 

Some team is gonna get a proper hiding off us soon. A 6 or 7 nil game. 

We’ve already had a 12-0 😎

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Is this what I’ve been missing? Finally got to watch the game, and fuck me that was exceptional

Not quite the same every game, but going forward we look a threat more often than not, yesterday was a pure joy to watch, the whinging git who sits behind me seemed to praise every move!