IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Mahrez has announced he wants to leave Leicester, would anyone take him now we have seen a good and a bad season from him?

I'd definitely have him here. I don't think he was that bad last season - he had just set such high, high standards for himself on the back of 2015/16.

WRD from TEF (the bloke who said schneiderlin will take the no 2 shirt before he even signed) posted today saying we signed a left back last night. He is unsure of any names, just said it all went through yesterday.

In my experience he's credibly ITK.

Many on the forum are guessing it'll be this Mendy lad from Ligue 2, considering Walsh's connections in France.

WRD from TEF (the bloke who said schneiderlin will take the no 2 shirt before he even signed) posted today saying we signed a left back last night. He is unsure of any names, just said it all went through yesterday.

In my experience he's credibly ITK.

Many on the forum are guessing it'll be this Mendy lad from Ligue 2, considering Walsh's connections in France.

linked with him now from SSN

No, not Benjamin but Le Havre left-back Ferland Mendy who is reportedly being chased by Everton and Watford, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 21-year-old is highly rated in France, with a number of Ligue 1 clubs also said to be interested in his services.

http://starrsportsgh.com/2017/06/stephen-appiah-ex-ghana-star-reveals-e200k-gift-screwed-head-reject-everton-offer/

Former Ghana international Stephen Appiah has revealed that a €200,000 gift enticed him to ignore a move to the Goodison Park about ten years ago.
Appiah, 36, was then at the peak of his career, featuring for Turkey giants Fenerbahçe whom he had joined from Champions League finalists Juventus in 2005.
Speaking on the Legends Night Show on GHOne TV Friday night, the retired midfielder revealed his agent had informed him of an offer from English Premier League regulars Everton.
The highly revered Appiah who had scored one beautiful strike in a 4-0 drubbing of rivals Galatasaray at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium on April 22, 2006, had moved to inform the club of his intention to accept the offer from the Toffees when the ‘unthinkable’ happened.
“Everton wanted to sign me but our president [Aziz Yıldırım] didn’t want me to go. So when I scored that goal against Galatasaray, I went to his office with my agent to tell him that we have got an offer from Everton and I wanted to go.

“He asked my agent to wait outside and he pulled out his drawer and he gave me 200,000 euros cash. That was 10 years ago,” Appiah revealed.

Batshuayi looks like he's off to Monaco. Shame.

We won't be making that statement signing this window by the looks of things. It'll just be looking to try and pinch decent players before someone else blows us out of the water. Edited by Romey 1878

We won't be making that statement signing this window by the looks of things. It'll just be looking to try and pinch decent players before someone else blows us out of the water.

I know it's early, but I just don't have a good feeling about this window. I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I see Chelsea are keen to sign Alex Sandro. I wonder what that means for Marcus Alonso, whether they want to push him forward and play him as a winger, rather than a wing back. I certainly can't see them getting rid, It's a weird one they already have the left wing back position sorted. Would love him here but I may be being too optimistic.

Edited by AidanLewis

I see Chelsea are keen to sign Alex Sandro. I wonder what that means for Marcus Alonso, whether they want to push him forward and play him as a winger, rather than a wing back. I certainly can't see them getting rid, It's a weird one they already have the left wing back position sorted. Would love him here but I may be being too optimistic.

I was wondering about that too. Alonso has been great for them this past season. Wouldn't mind him here...

I was wondering about that too. Alonso has been great for them this past season. Wouldn't mind him here...

I'm pretty sure it's a signing for depth, rather than a replacement for Alonso. They've got Champions League again this season and I'm pretty sure Alonso is just about their only left footed full-back (apart from 1 or 2 youngsters, but when do Chelsea give them a go? :P)

I'm pretty sure it's a signing for depth, rather than a replacement for Alonso. They've got Champions League again this season and I'm pretty sure Alonso is just about their only left footed full-back (apart from 1 or 2 youngsters, but when do Chelsea give them a go? :P)

They're not spending 60 million on Alex Sandro for depth, and he's not being signed for depth, he'll be the clear starter if they pry him from Juve.

They're not spending 60 million on Alex Sandro for depth, and he's not being signed for depth, he'll be the clear starter if they pry him from Juve.

Sure, but they won't be getting rid of Alonso either then, due to a lack of options in that left wing-back role. Very much there's any chance of someone being able to sign him, bar a ridiculous fee being put forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Kieran Gibbs apparently available for £7/8m, would you take him?

I would for that price. Big game and European experience. Still youngish, dependable if not exciting. More of a defensive minded full back. Good option to switch Baines out for imo.

No, Arsenal fans laugh that hes the only full back in the league who cant tackle.

I would for that price. Big game and European experience. Still youngish, dependable if not exciting. More of a defensive minded full back. Good option to switch Baines out for imo.

I would for that price, but thats only because i think we would be able to loan him out to a championship team for a season and then sell him on for 10 mil.

2 years ago yes but the last few times I have seen him he has been crap.