IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Sunday December 1st

markjazzbassist

20 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

So when is enough enough!!! we  don't look like winning or have the fight.

Completely disagree. I thought we looked like a team playing the second best team in the premier and lost to a goal on the last minute. 
I thought we did fight hard, I thought we did pressure them, and I thought we had a chance of winning.

2 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

We can’t put this on Silva???

Tom Davies should have been hauled off 10 minutes after half time.

A bit leggy some say? No.. just not a premiership footballer. 

Involved in 2 of Leicester’s goals!!

i know we are short on numbers in the midfield but Davies against the Shite!!! 

To be fair if you listen to silvas press conference davies has been struggling with an injury and missed training sessions 

2 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

I am a Tom fan. He did have a bad game today but offers more than Morgan. Ndidi made Tom look like a clown. Think there needs to be some perspective though, Leicester has a better midfield than us, even with everyone fit.

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

To be fair if you listen to silvas press conference davies has been struggling with an injury and missed training sessions 

I missed that tbf but if that’s the case put in some young blood.

i have never rated Davies, he’s another Cleverly or Osman in his latter years.

So so slow around the pitch. Surely a younger pair of legs wouldn’t have been involved in conceding 2 goals.

Tom Davies at fault for both goals, in losing the ball, but having said that the rest of the defence had opportunities to put a tackle in and prevent them progressing. Tom looked  completely gassed at 70 mins and needed pulling, or more support.

i don’t think we deserved to loose that game, if Keans shot had been a couple of inches to the left, I think it would have been a win.Small margins seem to be going against us, the only consolation is that we played better than last week, couple of days to recover and get a result on Wednesday. 

4 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Not really. Linesmen let play go on now until the attacker touches the ball, that's plenty of time for VAR to have looked at it and inform the ref. The linesman serves no purpose whatsoever now that VAR is here.

This is why I have previously stated that VAR should NOT be used to resolve offside decisions but only to give referees another angle to make penalty calls

It was the right decision though and the lineman would have been wrong. It just feels like we don’t get many breaks. 

4 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Who else? I’d not want Morgan in there either 🤷‍♂️

Hard to blame Tom for the first, it was a 50/50 that took a funny bobble or he would have had it and us going forward. After that gilfy has to leave ndidi because he took that ridiculous yellow in the first half for punting the ball away. 

second one, Tom shouldn’t have lost the back there but again it’s well forward, someone else needs to take action and take a foul if you can’t get the tackle in. 

That was a harsh harsh loss. Thought we actually looked a lot better with three at the back. If we’d had any midfield today we would have won. 

Edited by chicagoblue
cell phone spelling

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Likewise. The penalty wasn't a clear and obvious error by the referee. It looked like Holgate had lunged in and tripped Chilwell until VAR showed there was no contact. By their own rules the penalty should have stood.

How is VAR showing there was no contact not proving there was a clear and obvious error by the referee? If that's not clear and obvious then I don't know what is.

15 hours ago, Shukes said:

Completely disagree. I thought we looked like a team playing the second best team in the premier and lost to a goal on the last minute. 
I thought we did fight hard, I thought we did pressure them, and I thought we had a chance of winning.

I was at the airport reading the feeds and it sounded like we were a completely different team. Whilst the offside is correctly overruled it’s hardly a clear or obvious offside. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I was at the airport reading the feeds and it sounded like we were a completely different team. Whilst the offside is correctly overruled it’s hardly a clear or obvious offside. 

I was as gutted as anyone but I thought VAR worked fine in this match. It got both decisions right.  

Although when an offside is that close one video frame difference on when the VAR decision maker percieves the pass being made can change whether it’s on side or off. In this case it was our defenders knee being bent that meant he was onside. A hundredth of a second later when the leg would be straight he of been offside. That’s why I’d like to see a margin of error. Still I always like to the benefit of the doubt go to the attacking team. 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Because without VAR he would have given the penalty. It looked like a penalty until we all got to see it was a sneaky dive. I think the referee made an honest mistake, I would assume that a "clear and obvious error" would be when the ref drops a clanger. That's my point, it wasn't clear. The whole concept of "clear and obvious error" is a nonsense. That's what I'm trying to get at.

The Prenier League has come up with it's own implementation of VAR and it is a load of guff

Is giving a penalty when there has been zero contact not dropping a clanger?! For me this incident was VAR working absolutely perfectly and you’re barking up  the wrong tree using this one to show it’s flaws. 

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes it worked, except for the fact it undermined the officials yet again.

Clear and obvious apparently needs further definition 

From the premier league website

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.  

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR

It couldn’t be more clear (and obvious)!😉😂