IGNORED

James Rodríguez

Just now, Palfy said:

Do you think they would pay his wages in full Porto only wanted to pay 25%, we pay him so much money he’s become un-loanable and un-sellable. What will happen is we will give him his 200+k a week he will hardly play and we won’t be offering him the 3rd year extension of his contract. 

No idea, I’m just going off recent loans where we receive money for their registration. Don’t think this one should be any different.

Personally… I don’t think there is anything slightly in this. Just the usual Echo still pissed off that lowly Everton have him.

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No idea, I’m just going off recent loans where we receive money for their registration. Don’t think this one should be any different.

Personally… I don’t think there is anything slightly in this. Just the usual Echo still pissed off that lowly Everton have him.

Possibly nothing in it. 

Are we accepting that he's on 200k a week now?

I replied elsewhere that he was £80k a week in first year and £200k second year. The assumption being real pick up the slack in year 1.  His net average cost over 2 years = £140k. 

Quality player as we all agree.  But £200k a week for a player who needs accomodation in terms of team set up etc is a big conundrum. 

51 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I doubt he’s going to turkey.  Rafa needs to put his ego aside and find a way to get him in the side.

It doesn’t have to be ego. Rafa is trying to change the mentality and bring in players who will all work together in the system he thinks is best. Having a player in there that is unwilling or unable to work in that way is a problem, despite his talent. I’m sure we will see James in there but I would suggest it’s his ego, not Rafa’s, that create situations where managers find it tricky to incorporate him. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I read articles it was 220k the truth is slowly coming out, I think Brands and others would like us to accept it was 90k if just to hide the embarrassment of what they did. 

You read articles so it must be the truth? The truth is nobody knows for sure, but you are taking your opinion from articles quoting an invented and inflated number. All the sources (that I can see) who claim to have done a lot of investigating, don't know how, and are willing to put a figure on it say from £90k to £140k.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

You read articles so it must be the truth? The truth is nobody knows for sure, but you are taking your opinion from articles quoting an invented and inflated number. All the sources (that I can see) who claim to have done a lot of investigating, don't know how, and are willing to put a figure on it say from £90k to £140k.

Okay, but explain why he’s still here when he’s a supposedly world class player that has been offered to various clubs by us and his agent on a free in the last week of the transfer market and there were no takers, because I find that bizarre, until you realise the enormity of the money he’s on then it starts to make sense. But your right I said it a couple of weeks ago nobody knows for sure, so we read the various stories and then try to make sense of why things are happening or not. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

220k!!! Lets call it 250k with bonuses then?

Fucking hell :rofl: 

Don’t be so childish or disrespectful Matt if you can’t join in the conversation with a bit of respect to someone else’s opinion with out mocking, then may I suggest you don’t bother mod or not. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Okay, but explain why he’s still here when he’s a supposedly world class player that has been offered to various clubs by us and his agent on a free in the last week of the transfer market and there were no takers, because I find that bizarre, until you realise the enormity of the money he’s on then it starts to make sense. But your right I said it a couple of weeks ago nobody knows for sure, so we read the various stories and then try to make sense of why things are happening or not. 

You say "nobody knows" in one breath and say "until you realise the enormity of the money he's on," like you have had some revelatory experience and do actually know, even though nobody does. Throwing the big number out there just to make it a bigger story is a bit silly imo.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

You say "nobody knows" in one breath and say "until you realise the enormity of the money he's on," like you have had some revelatory experience and do actually know, even though nobody does. Throwing the big number out there just to make it a bigger story is a bit silly imo.

I’m saying that would make sense as to reason why no club would take him, why do you think no club would take him. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m saying that would make sense as to reason why no club would take him, why do you think no club would take him. 

Wages are likely one factor. Another is that we aren’t gonna give him away for free (or still paying part of his wages). Another is that the clubs who can afford him recognize that he’s a luxury player and so aren’t gonna go out of there way to sign him. 

He's recharging his batteries based on the battery🔋 icon.......

Just exactly what is he recharging them from? Unless it's his Xbox controller. 

Anyway....  He's a superstar and is getting superstar treatment and all that.   I'm sure a player of his ability will get himself right fit for selection.... Otherwise those wages are a big burden.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I am a little surprised he isn't training. 

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt he is allowed to be wherever he is, but he isn't really doing the whole 'proving a point' thing.

They are all off mate. Allans gone back to his family ect. Whole squad has been given the week off apparently.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Don’t be so childish or disrespectful Matt if you can’t join in the conversation with a bit of respect to someone else’s opinion with out mocking, then may I suggest you don’t bother mod or not. 

Oh calm down. When you land on a figure and stop increasing it to suit your argument, then maybe I won't have reason to take the piss a bit. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Oh calm down. When you land on a figure and stop increasing it to suit your argument, then maybe I won't have reason to take the piss a bit. 

Are you now accusing me of making the 220 up and that I hadn’t read an article with that figure mentioned. 

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Are you now accusing me of making the 220 up and that I hadn’t read an article with that figure mentioned. 

Palf mate you may not have been making up the figure yourself, but you did buy into the narrative of whoever did and quote it as fact. Bad move for me.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Palf mate you may not have been making up the figure yourself, but you did buy into the narrative of whoever did and quote it as fact. Bad move for me.

Point taken I maybe could and should have expressed it differently. Yet I still feel that his wages are closer to the higher figure than the lower for reasons I’ve already posted. 

I think we can be fairly sure he is not on £90k a week as some have tried to make out.

Given James's profile he would have been on massive wages at Real Madrid. I would think £200K+ wage at Real would not be unusual or unexpected. I am fairly sure he didn't take that big a pay cut pay cut to come here ) i.e more than 50%, especially as he came on a free - so we could perhaps be a little more generous in the pay stakes to get him.  It is also reasonable to expect that he came in straight away as our top earner - so that would put him straight away around the  £140K that has been muted in the media. James only had 12 months left on his Real contract, so pretty poor advice if somebody told him to sign a two year deal on half of what he was going to get in his final 12 months. 

He is still here after the transfer window - and it sounds like his 'wages' where the No.1 reason why nobody took him on (even if for free) If he was on £90K a week (which are not a ridiculous wages for a free transfer and player of his profile in this day and age), I am sure something could have been agree financial to get him moved on.

When he first came - the cost was talked about him costing around the £20M mark - We may have got him on a free transfer, but his cost over 2 years in wages may easy be around that - basically around the £200+ mark. 

This would suggest to me that it realistic to assume he is on at least around £140k+, and not total unrealistic that it might be closer to £200K a week.

Know body really knows, but I think it reasonable to believe his wages are very substantial. Otherwise, not that big a deal getting him of the wage bill!!! 

19 hours ago, Shukes said:

They are all off mate. Allans gone back to his family ect. Whole squad has been given the week off apparently.

Yeh I expect they are and but fans aren't offering them the excuse that they have a point to prove to get back into the side and then into their National side.

I have no problem with him going on holiday, but let's not try and suggest he is doing everything he can to get into the side. Players with a point to prove show images of them training and working hard, not lazing it up on a boat, vaping and allegedly having a boat full of ladies turn up.

And for the avoidance of doubt, yes I am very jealous!

26 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think we can be fairly sure he is not on £90k a week as some have tried to make out.

Given James's profile he would have been on massive wages at Real Madrid. I would think £200K+ wage at Real would not be unusual or unexpected. I am fairly sure he didn't take that big a pay cut pay cut to come here ) i.e more than 50%, especially as he came on a free - so we could perhaps be a little more generous in the pay stakes to get him.  It is also reasonable to expect that he came in straight away as our top earner - so that would put him straight away around the  £140K that has been muted in the media. James only had 12 months left on his Real contract, so pretty poor advice if somebody told him to sign a two year deal on half of what he was going to get in his final 12 months. 

He is still here after the transfer window - and it sounds like his 'wages' where the No.1 reason why nobody took him on (even if for free) If he was on £90K a week (which are not a ridiculous wages for a free transfer and player of his profile in this day and age), I am sure something could have been agree financial to get him moved on.

When he first came - the cost was talked about him costing around the £20M mark - We may have got him on a free transfer, but his cost over 2 years in wages may easy be around that - basically around the £200+ mark. 

This would suggest to me that it realistic to assume he is on at least around £140k+, and not total unrealistic that it might be closer to £200K a week.

Know body really knows, but I think it reasonable to believe his wages are very substantial. Otherwise, not that big a deal getting him of the wage bill!!! 

Exactly. He is clearly on a big wage and I also bet he had a massive signing on fee and bonuses.

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

James doesn't seem the 'sacrificing' sort, and if he was indeed on the £77k a week report in this single 'article' then 1) would he really have been that difficult to off load on a free for similar wages to other teams and 2) at £77k you are not far off talking the wages of a  'bench impact player' - so would not really worth busting a gut trying to get that amount off the wage bill of a player who definitely offers something at the very worst!!. He's definitely not a Tosun or Delph waste of space player!!!

ten different article might give you 10 different salaries - I am only hypothesising from the facts that we seem very keen to get him off the wage bill and other clubs will go nowhere near his wages, suggesting that the reality might be that the real cost of his wages are toward the higher amounts rather than the lower amounts report.  

https://salarysport.com/football/player/james-rodríguez/

Fuck knows if the link above has any truth, but seem reasonable - add any signing on fee, bonus etc and could quite easily take it towards and average of £200K - who knows how the accounting is done in the different reports.