IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Could you translate that for me please Matt, I have difficulty understanding English never mind Italian.  

Milan, there is an English idea for Pioli's defense | EXCLUSIVE - CalcioMercato.it

January 21, 2024 - 3.43pm

Milan, victorious yesterday in Udine, are on the hunt for a defender. And another lead emerges from the Premier League

After the very important comeback victory against Udinese in the match played yesterday, valid for the twenty-first day of the Serie A championship, the managers of Milan can now focus on the transfer market. In this session, Matteo Gabbia, who returned from his loan at Villarreal, and the wildcard Filippo Terracciano from Verona have already arrived at Milanello.

Stefano Pioli (LaPresse) – Calciomercato.it

The head of the Rossoneri's sporting area, Geoffrey Moncada, explicitly spoke of the need to intervene again in the defensive department to shore up the squad available to coach Stefano Pioli. Many names have been circulating in recent days: from Lilian Brassier of Brest, also linked to Napoli, to Clement Lenglet of Aston Villa, but owned by Barcelona. The latter appears to be the favorite of the Milanese management, due to his experience and technical and tactical skills. The obstacle that should not be underestimated is the high salary that the 28-year-old French footballer currently receives. As regards Brassier, however, no concrete steps have been taken, but it is a survey carried out and not yet in-depth.

There are also foreign clubs ready to attack the 24-year-old Brest centre-back, with the president of the transalpine club rubbing his hands and ready to start the auction.  Monaco, Porto and Bayer Leverkusen have been interested in the player, but none of these have yet reached the team to bring the player home. And this still keeps the track alive for Milan too. But there is another path that can be taken, a not excessively onerous path that could excite Gerry Cardinale's company. The latest idea leads directly to the Premier League.

Milan, the latest idea is Godfrey of Everton: the situation

Godfrey (LaPresse) – Calciomercato.it

Followed already in 2020 by Milan, Roma and Napoli, before the move from Norwich to Everton, Ben Godfrey is a multi-purpose footballer who can play different roles in defence, from right-back to central, right and left. According to what was gathered by Calciomercato.it, through his intermediaries his name has come out again from a Milan perspective, given that he is playing very little with the 'Toffees' and could represent a low-cost operation. Under contract until 30 January 2025, Godfrey has been very close to Atalanta in recent weeks, but the failure to extend the so-called 'Growth Decree' has ruined an operation agreed in detail, given the soaring costs of the same. In any case, on the trail of the 26-year-old English footballer, of Jamaican origin, there are reports of Sheffield United in the Premier League and Leeds in the Champioship. We'll see who will be able to grab the player in this winter session of the transfer market.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Milan, there is an English idea for Pioli's defense | EXCLUSIVE - CalcioMercato.it

January 21, 2024 - 3.43pm

Milan, victorious yesterday in Udine, are on the hunt for a defender. And another lead emerges from the Premier League

After the very important comeback victory against Udinese in the match played yesterday, valid for the twenty-first day of the Serie A championship, the managers of Milan can now focus on the transfer market. In this session, Matteo Gabbia, who returned from his loan at Villarreal, and the wildcard Filippo Terracciano from Verona have already arrived at Milanello.

Stefano Pioli (LaPresse) – Calciomercato.it

The head of the Rossoneri's sporting area, Geoffrey Moncada, explicitly spoke of the need to intervene again in the defensive department to shore up the squad available to coach Stefano Pioli. Many names have been circulating in recent days: from Lilian Brassier of Brest, also linked to Napoli, to Clement Lenglet of Aston Villa, but owned by Barcelona. The latter appears to be the favorite of the Milanese management, due to his experience and technical and tactical skills. The obstacle that should not be underestimated is the high salary that the 28-year-old French footballer currently receives. As regards Brassier, however, no concrete steps have been taken, but it is a survey carried out and not yet in-depth.

There are also foreign clubs ready to attack the 24-year-old Brest centre-back, with the president of the transalpine club rubbing his hands and ready to start the auction.  Monaco, Porto and Bayer Leverkusen have been interested in the player, but none of these have yet reached the team to bring the player home. And this still keeps the track alive for Milan too. But there is another path that can be taken, a not excessively onerous path that could excite Gerry Cardinale's company. The latest idea leads directly to the Premier League.

Milan, the latest idea is Godfrey of Everton: the situation

Godfrey (LaPresse) – Calciomercato.it

Followed already in 2020 by Milan, Roma and Napoli, before the move from Norwich to Everton, Ben Godfrey is a multi-purpose footballer who can play different roles in defence, from right-back to central, right and left. According to what was gathered by Calciomercato.it, through his intermediaries his name has come out again from a Milan perspective, given that he is playing very little with the 'Toffees' and could represent a low-cost operation. Under contract until 30 January 2025, Godfrey has been very close to Atalanta in recent weeks, but the failure to extend the so-called 'Growth Decree' has ruined an operation agreed in detail, given the soaring costs of the same. In any case, on the trail of the 26-year-old English footballer, of Jamaican origin, there are reports of Sheffield United in the Premier League and Leeds in the Champioship. We'll see who will be able to grab the player in this winter session of the transfer market.

I’ll give you a call when I need my arse wiping 🧻 cheers mate😂

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought he put in another very good performance today. Three on the spin now, is it too early to say we have the real Ben Godfrey back? 🤞🏻

Hope not we’ve only got 15 games left in the season to climb up the table. But like you I thought he was close to being back to the player we all remember, great performance. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop playing him. The lad isn’t even a CB, never mind a RB.

Patterson is raw and makes too many errors… this dick head has cost us 3 goals in our last 3 games.

He’s shit.

100%

He got himself into some good forward positions, then he tried to cross the ball and he was awful, he had plenty of opportunities but never put one decent cross in. Given the space and opportunities he had to put some decent crosses in, it makes you wonder how many good crosses Patterson would have delivered. Dyche needs to get over his prejudices with Patterson, because if he seriously believes Godfrey is the better player, then he needs to find a job he knows more about.  

On 09/03/2024 at 21:55, Btay said:

He’s a honest type but he just reminds me of that guy a mate brings in to the team who plays rugby and just looks for the hard man tackle but is a liability on the ball.

That gave me a laugh this morning. 😂

I think he has done plenty enough now to have played his way out of the starting 11. 

We have to now be bolder in games like both Bournmouth and Luton away and against Burnley, Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd at home and at least have a right back who is going to give us much more going forward. It pretty much the bottom half of the table and all be games in which we should be going on the feild feeling positive that we are the better team, there is signficant scope to get a more forward thinking right back on the pitch.  

2 hours ago, Btay said:

It is just mental though from a succession/planning standpoint that this is still the case.

Agreed. He's more than on the wane and is still the most sensible option.

Personally, I would tell Patterson he's got until the end of the season no matter what to show what he can do. That way he knows he's going to play every week for the next couple of months and he doesn't have to force things, or worry that a mistake will cost him his place to not be seen again for a while.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Agreed. He's more than on the wane and is still the most sensible option.

Personally, I would tell Patterson he's got until the end of the season no matter what to show what he can do. That way he knows he's going to play every week for the next couple of months and he doesn't have to force things, or worry that a mistake will cost him his place to not be seen again for a while.

Edit - it’s a real credit to Coleman, I have so much respect for him as a player & a person. I just don’t want to see him hung out to dry & in a position where he gets any blame for performances if we were to be relegated.

I agree on Patto - he didn’t really do anything wrong to warrant being dropped, especially when you compare his performances to that of Young & Godfrey.

I am really surprised that he hasn’t been brought in to the squad. Myko is a prime example, the lad looked out of depth in every department & now looks a quite assured PL player.

At the very worst case, playing Patto for the remainder of the season will boost his value. Any team promoted to the league would be likely to try & snap up a promising young, international full back with PL experience.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Edit - it’s a real credit to Coleman, I have so much respect for him as a player & a person. I just don’t want to see him hung out to dry & in a position where he gets any blame for performances if we were to be relegated.

I agree on Patto - he didn’t really do anything wrong to warrant being dropped, especially when you compare his performances to that of Young & Godfrey.

I am really surprised that he hasn’t been brought in to the squad. Myko is a prime example, the lad looked out of depth in every department & now looks a quite assured PL player.

At the very worst case, playing Patto for the remainder of the season will boost his value. Any team promoted to the league would be likely to try & snap up a promising young, international full back with PL experience.

I'm pretty sure @patto was out of breathe 

• 4 weeks later...