IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

17 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I have said this time and time again this season - a solid partnership needs developing in the CB back positioning and that is key to confidence and limiting mistakes as mistakes are bourn of indecision and unfamiliarity.

What number of combinations have we had this season of CB pairing and holding midfielder in front alone? not to mention throwing in to the mix RB and LB issues. 

It's a bit of a simplification to call players out week after week on every individual error and right them off when they are just not able to build game on game understandings with a consistent defensive set up. Chuck in to this two polar opposite manager philosophies. 

I firmly believe our defensive problem this season are as much down to the constant forced chopping and changing that we have HAD to do game after game. Player selection has not been down to form, its purely be about who is available to start any one game. Only last night Branthwithe and Godfrey as CB pairing with Holgate as the holding midfielder  in front - how often is this combination played or practiced on the training ground!!

I would love to know how many different CB and holding midfielder combinations we have be forced to used in our 29 league PL games -

In general you are right, but Godfrey’s fuck up has nothing to do with partnerships or understanding’s, and more to do with technical ability and composure of an individual. He takes in golf what is known as an air shot with his right the ball then rebounded off his standing leg. He is a professional footballer who is being paid an extortionate amount of money each week for his ability, that was the actions of someone who plays once a week in the parks on a Sunday morning. The pressure is getting to some of these players in away that they are shrinking further into their shells which is causing utter panic in some of them, Godfrey had plenty of time in that situation he could have taken a touch and fired it up field he had time and space, but he panicked and showed lack of awareness, composure, and ability and tried to lash it out of ground. How Lampard has to work with players who are struggling mentally with the pressure I don’t really know, he’s asking his players to be strong, stand up and believe, but individual mistakes and not formation’s are letting him down. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nice that the officials are fucking us over in creative ways this season.

Love it.

Lol the linesman missing the corner was a tiny portion of this. Know what happens if Godfrey doesn't play that ball back to Pickford in the first place? He doesn't do his leg in.

This conspiracy that we think the officials have against us is a bit tin-hat to me. It also sort of feels like delusions of grandeur, like we're some European superpower that everyone wants to see fail. 

Yes, we got absolutely dicked over last year with some VAR and officiating decisions (see my post in the matchday thread), but we also benefitted the most from VAR and officiating decisions the year prior.

Sure it feels better to be able to blame the officials and the higher-ups (and don't get me wrong, they fuck up a lot) but I just don't buy into the idea that they specifically have it out for Everton.

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Lol the linesman missing the corner was a tiny portion of this. Know what happens if Godfrey doesn't play that ball back to Pickford in the first place? He doesn't do his leg in.

This conspiracy that we think the officials have against us is a bit tin-hat to me. It also sort of feels like delusions of grandeur, like we're some European superpower that everyone wants to see fail. 

Yes, we got absolutely dicked over last year with some VAR and officiating decisions (see my post in the matchday thread), but we also benefitted the most from VAR and officiating decisions the year prior.

Sure it feels better to be able to blame the officials and the higher-ups (and don't get me wrong, they fuck up a lot) but I just don't buy into the idea that they specifically have it out for Everton.

I didn't say anything about them having it in for us and I'm sure they'll fuck up over and over in other games. Today just happened to be us and by creative I meant that them being shit at their job didn't just lead to the usual thing of a goal conceded or whatever, it's lead to us losing a player to a bad injury. I almost laughed at the lunacy of it all.

Bravo.

20 minutes ago, msloan78 said:

Some of the media not missing the opportunity to take a swing at Pickford and blaming him for not making a big deal of the ball going out. 

It was absolutely stupid from Pickford, in what was a game of errors from him, if he puts that in Row Z then Godfrey doesn't need to make the tackle.

The media will love it, bashing Jordan and not saying a peep about the car crash of a game Ramsdale had against Palace but hey ho.

I was knackered last night after an early start to catch ferry from Dublin, home and then to the match, saw MOTD but don’t remember putting any blame on officials for not flagging ball out of play, had they flagged the ball out it wouldn’t have happened, I hope the officials didn’t sleep well last night.

23 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I was knackered last night after an early start to catch ferry from Dublin, home and then to the match, saw MOTD but don’t remember putting any blame on officials for not flagging ball out of play, had they flagged the ball out it wouldn’t have happened, I hope the officials didn’t sleep well last night.

Officials lose sleep? People who are part of a corrupt organisation have no problems with that. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It was absolutely stupid from Pickford, in what was a game of errors from him, if he puts that in Row Z then Godfrey doesn't need to make the tackle.

The media will love it, bashing Jordan and not saying a peep about the car crash of a game Ramsdale had against Palace but hey ho.

The ball was well out of play and he was stretching to get to it. That situation was either on Godfrey for the poor play to begin with or the official for not blowing it dead. 

30 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

The ball was well out of play and he was stretching to get to it. That situation was either on Godfrey for the poor play to begin with or the official for not blowing it dead. 

And as 5 year olds are taught, "play to the whistle". Godfrey is of course at fault for the poor backpass but to not put any blame on Pickford for being a balloon is naive.