IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

I think he's a shoe-in for EvertonΒ young player of the year, but I think he's in with a shout for player of the year. The Allan and James signings have been great in their own respects, but this could be our best signing we've seen for a while. I know we've said it over and over, but it bears repeating: he is our future captain. To be so assured and solid at such a young age, and my god those sprints he goes on...could go down as a club legend.

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Drinking on a school night rarely works out well.Β 

I try to stay grounded but every game I just convince myself even more.Β 

It's not very often you find such an athletic defender who has a great deal of intelligence to match it, its normally one or the other.Β 

I think other clubs will already be looking at him.

On 26/04/2021 at 23:14, Aidan said:

I try to stay grounded but every game I just convince myself even more.Β 

It's not very often you find such an athletic defender who has a great deal of intelligence to match it, its normally one or the other.Β 

I think other clubs will already be looking at him.

I actually think he has the integrity to be loyal to us at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Gareth clearly wants a closer look...Β 

Β 

Love the image trying to make the most powder puff gentle coach in history (not saying that's a bad thing necessarily) look like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry. He's not pulling it off for me.

Really pleased that he's got the recognition.Β  Jus hope we don't end up losing him.

Stones a few years back was a hot proposition and no where near as good defensively as Godfrey and we didn't manage to hang on to him.Β  Godfrey has arguably been our best player this season and one of the most important.Β  Not only has he been outstanding quality wise but he has a great character on the field, always putting in a real effort andΒ works hard wherever he's positioned.

One of the big issues in our team, particularly towards the back end of the season was a lack of fight and character in the team and he's got just that.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...