IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

50 minutes ago, StevO said:

Because the only way I see that situation happening is if we don’t have enough midfielders in the squad. As it’s his job to build the squad I’d be asking questions. But I think we have enough of a squad to not be in that position I don’t think we’ll need to worry about it. 

Well if that’s the case then we’d have another 5 midfielders just in case and then people would be complaining about the wage bill and ffp. The whole point was if we got into a position where all 5 midfielders were unavailable, not only would we be incredibly unlucky but Godfrey could do a job. 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well if that’s the case then we’d have another 5 midfielders just in case and then people would be complaining about the wage bill and ffp. The whole point was if we got into a position where all 5 midfielders were unavailable, not only would we be incredibly unlucky but Godfrey could do a job. 

Well hopefully we’ll never need to find out. 

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If I didn't love him before, I certainly do after watching him tell the United players to "fuck off" while they were claiming offside for our third goal.

I saw that on the replay (and heard it) when I watched it again on YouTube.  I laughed, he’s not one to play mr nice guy and we need more of that

Wasn't perfect today, but was still pretty damn impressive. And as @Gwlad all over and @Wiggytopmentioned, you could tell he understands how much that win meant to the club and the fans.

James, Allan and Doucoure have been great signings, but he's the signing of the year for me. You can just feel his passion for the game and he's incredibly gifted, both physically and technically. 

Hope to see him in blue for years and years to come.

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Nailed on captain IMO. Outstanding again tonight, that tackle on Shaqiri (where the ball was cleared about 50 yards) was brilliant. He simply doesn't put a foot wrong and that's all you can ask for.

England call up is overdue too, Southgate should be all over him and Keane at the back.

Absolutely quality signing. Couldn't agree more about being future captain.

The most impressive part of that tackle was the amount of ground he covered to get there.

He still needs to learn his trade and I don't think playing all across the back line is particularly helping him in the short term (may do in the long run) but he has all the characteristics to be one of the best centre halves in the league.