IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

Not to say it isn’t just a natural part of their personalities but I wonder how much of the attitude Ben and Mason have comes from Seamus. That sort of in your face “I don’t care who you are, you’re not going to push me around” type of approach is one of Coleman’s best traits and those two certainly have it as well. Couple times in the derby he’s grabbing our guys by the jersey as he pulls them back up to their feet. That sort of passion has to rub off. 

I wonder if he would get a call up to England in the not so distance future?  In time for the Euro?  Pickford - Keane - Godfrey.

I have heard a few say Keane should now be in ahead of Maguire - and if that was the case why as a International manager would you not put Godfrey in due to the familiarity of the trio.

Not that I care about International football or England (being a Welsh man), but it's always a nice bonus for the players to get this recognition. 

I actually think he has what it take to be a future club and England captain 

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I wonder if he would get a call up to England in the not so distance future?  In time for the Euro?  Pickford - Keane - Godfrey.

I have heard a few say Keane should now be in ahead of Maguire - and if that was the case why as a International manager would you not put Godfrey in due to the familiarity of the trio.

Not that I care about International football or England (being a Welsh man), but it's always a nice bonus for the players to get this recognition. 

I actually think he has what it take to be a future club and England captain 

Maguire is garbage. How he and Dier get in England squads is beyond me to be honest, and there are more players than just Keane that are more worthy.

I would love Godfrey to get a call-up for the next squad, I think he's earned it.

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maguire is garbage. How he and Dier get in England squads is beyond me to be honest, and there are more players than just Keane that are more worthy.

I would love Godfrey to get a call-up for the next squad, I think he's earned it.

Godfrey has been very impressive but I would be pretty surprised if he got the call. How many games has he played for us at CB this year? As you point out there are other worthy players in contention. No rush.  In fact I’d be a little nervous if he was thrust into that spotlight so quickly. Not so much for him as for us. Rather not have to fight the vultures off for awhile yet.

3 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Godfrey has been very impressive but I would be pretty surprised if he got the call. How many games has he played for us at CB this year? As you point out there are other worthy players in contention. No rush.  In fact I’d be a little nervous if he was thrust into that spotlight so quickly. Not so much for him as for us. Rather not have to fight the vultures off for awhile yet.

I’d just like him in the squad even if he didn’t get many, or any, minutes. Southgate has been at quite a few of our games so I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in his thinking. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well, yes and no. Just don't want him injured playing for a crap England side.

I think he could do with staying out of the lime-light at learning his trade a bit more. I think Southgate calls quite a few young players into the training squad to bed them in a little so I think that would be perfect for him.

Having said that who are the best CB's for England? Stones is probably in the best form of his career but I am not sure how he will play away from City. He would need someone strong, organised and aggressive alongside him and the only person I can think of is Coady but I'd have doubts about him in a centre back pairing.

• 2 weeks later...