IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

15 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't think anybody over estimated him, he was our best defender in every position he played.

Didn't he get the young player of the season award last year. ? 

This is what I mean. He wasn't our best defender in any position. 

Likes @Shukes he has all the tools, he just needs to start making better decisions, especially with his defending.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is what I mean. He wasn't our best defender in any position. 

Likes @Shukes he has all the tools, he just needs to start making better decisions, especially with his defending.

Agree. He’s still young. Playing in the wrong position at the moment as well. Another good season and he should be up to speed.

In an article talking about Godfrey's fitness, Rafa said this:

On his first outing this term, against Burnley a fortnight ago, Godfrey started as part of a three-man backline.

“[His strongest position] depends on the striker,” said Benitez.

“If the striker is too big, maybe full-back. if the striker is quick, he can play centre-back.

“I had this conversation with him two months ago."

Interesting that he doesn't see him being physical enough at the moment. I am not sure if that is because he isn't fully fit or if he thinks that in general. Whatever it is, full back is never his best position unless we aren't intending on getting out of our own half.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2296096/godfrey-on-his-love-for-everton-and-covid-fight

I saw lots of people saying he was terrible again at the weekend but I thought he was much better myself!

I thought it was easily his best performance of the season for the first 60ish minutes but towards the end he was unraveling quickly!

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2296096/godfrey-on-his-love-for-everton-and-covid-fight

I saw lots of people saying he was terrible again at the weekend but I thought he was much better myself!

It seems there’s many who aren’t aware that he had Covid, and it’s taking him a bit of time to get to fitness, thankfully he’s one of our fitness players which will have helped him, how would  Rondon look?😈

I do wish he would be more adventurous with the ball, too many times he passes to another defender, I’d like to see him play more balls forward

I said weeks ago he looked like covid had impacted him.

Scary shit.

Inability physically impacts the mental side of the game, concentration, anticipation.

He will be getting the best of treatment but like an oncologist told me last year - they won't know enough about this virus for a while. 

I said when he first signed that he had future captain written all over him, I don't know if it's the dissapointment of being cut from the Euros squad but he's awful at the moment - a good five or six mistakes in him per game which in turns makes everyone around him panic. 

Yerry Mina can't come back soon enough.

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I said when he first signed that he had future captain written all over him, I don't know if it's the dissapointment of being cut from the Euros squad but he's awful at the moment - a good five or six mistakes in him per game which in turns makes everyone around him panic. 

Yerry Mina can't come back soon enough.

He's got long covid. 

I still think he had these mistakes in him last season, but you didn't see it as often as he had lots more players around him as we barely got out of our half. Last season was a defenders paradise and coming into this season with illness isn't going to help him settle down. 

Fwiw though, his issues aren't physical, it is between the ears. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has he got long Covid or just short term ability, I don’t want to presume what I don’t know but there has been nothing from the club confirming he is suffering any form of bad health linked with him having Covid-19. In my industry the standard excuse is someone has Covid or they gone for a PCR test and are waiting for the result, works better than his vehicle has broken down or struggling with child care. Only in this case it’s the supporters who have diagnosed him with long Covid, never new we had so many Doctors on the forum😂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Has he got long Covid or just short term ability, I don’t want to presume what I don’t know but there has been nothing from the club confirming he is suffering any form of bad health linked with him having Covid-19. In my industry the standard excuse is someone has Covid or they gone for a PCR test and are waiting for the result, works better than his vehicle has broken down or struggling with child care. Only in this case it’s the supporters who have diagnosed him with long Covid, never new we had so many Doctors on the forum😂

He's spoken about it himself, as has the manager.

42 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's spoken about it himself, as has the manager.

Not heard that from him or the manager bar confirmation that he wasn’t available because he had Covid, but not heard that his loss of form was due to long Covid bar supporter speculation. Your have to show me I haven’t seen it.