IGNORED

Ben Godfrey

I'm not sure what he was doing for the offside goal at the end. Mane was in acres of space inside the penalty box and he let him wander into that space. Thought it was a case of ball watching. 

I'm certainly not going to judge him on what happened today because that was a tall order for him but I didnt see him do anything of note either. 

37 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not sure what he was doing for the offside goal at the end. Mane was in acres of space inside the penalty box and he let him wander into that space. Thought it was a case of ball watching. 

I'm certainly not going to judge him on what happened today because that was a tall order for him but I didnt see him do anything of note either. 

I think you can see a little bit of his attributes. Couple good blocks, willingness to play football and get up the field. Obviously about the hardest spot ever for a debut coming off the bench to play out of position vs Liverpool. Excited to see him develop over the next season or two 

48 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We should give him a bit of slack here. Makes his debut against arguably the most dangerous forward in the league whilst playing out of position. The lad done extremely well! 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With any luck Mina is jettisoned out of the team. One good game last time out doesn't make up for his multitude of poor games like today.

That back healed lazy/flashy ‘clearance’ he did today seems like a bad habit - not the first time he’s done it today. It needs coaching out of him as I remember moaning about it in the past!!! I think he’s a good player and clearly a positive character in the dressing room but he does worry me in a John Stones (who I really like as a player still) type way!

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

That back healed lazy/flashy ‘clearance’ he did today seems like a bad habit - not the first time he’s done it today. It needs coaching out of him as I remember moaning about it in the past!!! I think he’s a good player and clearly a positive character in the dressing room but he does worry me in a John Stones (who I really like as a player still) type way!

He’s got the Joseph Yobo’s about him. 

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Don’t see it as Mina being flashy he was running the other way and the ball came across and he tried to get something on it. It just fell to salah who buried it. Godfrey was good today. Couple of good blocks. Good on the ball. Didn’t look out of place at all 

I probably wouldn’t necessarily but it’s not the first time he’s done it - maybe the first he’s been punished but it’s definitely something to work on e.g body shape and use his left foot!!!

6 hours ago, c1982 said:

He’s better in midfield supposedly.

It’s not all about you Haf...

On 01/10/2020 at 20:23, c1982 said:

Read a couple of bits saying they expect him to eventually play as a defensive midfielder. Good age, athletic and versatile - ticks a few boxes for me... biggest tick is that it sounds like Ancelotti is pushing this one.

Hence my comment!

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Kick it out for a corner?

He is running into the box, the ball is behind him and to the side, and there is a Liverpool player in the box. He makes one slip, and its an own goal or he presents it to the Liverpool player.

He got the ball out of the danger area, but unfortunately it went to a certain Mo Salah. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I probably wouldn’t necessarily but it’s not the first time he’s done it - maybe the first he’s been punished but it’s definitely something to work on e.g body shape and use his left foot!!!

This fully...Mina has a Rick in him each game. This trait of his needs to be ironed out in training. He simply cant keep doing this. It's happened in a few games now. Just put you foot through the ball - no flicky shit in our own box!!!!!!!

Mina could possibly have swung his left foot at it, but he didn’t. In such speed of play you have to make a snap decision, it was part poor, part unlucky. 
If it falls to anyone other than Salah it’s probably not a goal. 

Im more concerned how easy it was for them to score the first. 

22 minutes ago, StevO said:

Mina could possibly have swung his left foot at it, but he didn’t. In such speed of play you have to make a snap decision, it was part poor, part unlucky. 
If it falls to anyone other than Salah it’s probably not a goal. 

Im more concerned how easy it was for them to score the first. 

They came at us at 100 miles an hour, we just were not ready.

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

Just seen it again on MOTD, and there was nothing else he could do, just unlucky it went to Salah. I thought he played well apart from that.

He didn’t look to be stretching at all? Couldn’t he have just swing his leg at it and cleared it? 
He just seemed to prod it for me. Lazy attempt at best. I expect that kind of thing from myself at 47 haha.

Though i would be on the floor holding my groin seconds later 😂