IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Saturday 5 December

markjazzbassist

I thought we were OK, especially after the first change. Some of the quality in our basic play was shocking though and we should have put them away. 

In years gone by though, one of those corners would have found its way into the net so at least we have a bit of resilience now. 

I dont think anyone played particularly badly, Richarlison probably the most frustrating. 

Hopefully that is 5 at the back binned for good now.

We can not play that system without our 2 first choice fullbacks, so why doe s he try?

Iwobi is just not good enough for a team like ours that wants to progress, only plays about 20 mins each match.

He switches off, plays people on side, and his crossing is worse than wallcots.

But he is not the only one, the midfield was non existent for long spells, Charli just strolled about a lot of the time.

I have said it before, the least we should do is match the opponents work rate, we haven't for the last 6 matches.

All teams we play look fitter than us, and more determined than us, that's unforgivable.

30 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

I have said it before, the least we should do is match the opponents work rate, we haven't for the last 6 matches.

All teams we play look fitter than us, and more determined than us, that's unforgivable.

Agree with these observations: work rate, fitness, determination.  It’s a running and passing game.  We are too often outrun, outworked, outpressed, and outpassed, even by supposedly inferior talent.

This is an admirable club.  It’s a far from admirable team right now.

3 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Agree with these observations: work rate, fitness, determination.  It’s a running and passing game.  We are too often outrun, outworked, outpressed, and outpassed, even by supposedly inferior talent.

This is an admirable club.  It’s a far from admirable team right now.

It’s bizarre because for the first 6-7 games those things were our strengths 

The best part of the match? The ref. Anthony Taylor was superb. Let the game play on so many occasions and didn’t give away soft free kicks.

Pickford saved a pt with the save on Wood. 

Siggy has to score. Simple as that. Should have been an ugly 3 pts.

We aren’t going to keep a clean sheet no matter what so get back to 433 right now. Iwobi or Kenny has to work at RB if Coleman isn’t fit for Chelsea and Niels or Godfrey (or Iwobi/Kenny if Coleman is playing RB) has to work at LB until Digne gets back. Holgate and Keane in the center. For the next month we’re going to have to try to win 3-2. 

We needed 9 pts from the last 3 games and got 4. Bring on the big boys. 

I’m hoping today will be the last time we see 3 at the back for the foreseeable future.   

Fulham & today proving that it just doesn’t work for us. On both occasions when we’ve moved to a flat back four we’ve looked a lot better, played with more freedom and made chances for DCL who has been very isolated. 

I’m struggling to find reason as to why Ancelotti has stuck with the formation, yes I get our fullbacks are both out but just go with a flat back four. Play Holgate at RB and Godfrey at LB if the new lad Nkounkou isn’t good enough. 

Allan much better sitting on his own and Doucoure looks much better with a licence to get forward. 

I’d also like to see Bernard used more a long with Gomes (who’s been poor granted) and Sigurdsson and Iwobi not used. 

IMO we need 4 players (RB, LB, CM/AM & a CF), and we maybe have too many CB’s to allow a pair to settle indefinitely. Don’t get me wrong it’s good to have cover but we do need a settled pair! 

10 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

The best part of the match? The ref. Anthony Taylor was superb. Let the game play on so many occasions and didn’t give away soft free kicks.

Pickford saved a pt with the save on Wood. 

Siggy has to score. Simple as that. Should have been an ugly 3 pts.

We aren’t going to keep a clean sheet no matter what so get back to 433 right now. Iwobi or Kenny has to work at RB if Coleman isn’t fit for Chelsea and Niels or Godfrey (or Iwobi/Kenny if Coleman is playing RB) has to work at LB until Digne gets back. Holgate and Keane in the center. For the next month we’re going to have to try to win 3-2. 

We needed 9 pts from the last 3 games and got 4. Bring on the big boys. 

Great point about ref. He was good yesterday. Most refs would have blown for free kick in the build up to our goal.