IGNORED

Sami Khedira

Looks like it's happening based on reports.

He's been a world class player, has a winners mentality, has had injury problems.

No one knows if this will work out but based on no fee, significant wage cut and him bringing an element of experience, leadership etc he will improve those around him at Finch farm at a minimum.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

This. 
Hoping for more Gareth Barry and less Fabian Delph. 

It's funny isn't it. .. he would cost £2m or so for a years service.

We spent £400k a week on Schneiderlein, Delph, Siggy plus £70m in transfer fees....

It's the same with Davies .... People are focusing on low cost low expectation "squad" options who we wouldn't be looking to use of it wasn't for expensive mercenaries b

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Looks like it's happening based on reports.

He's been a world class player, has a winners mentality, has had injury problems.

No one knows if this will work out but based on no fee, significant wage cut and him bringing an element of experience, leadership etc he will improve those around him at Finch farm at a minimum.

18 month deal initially. Smart, should work well for both teams.

If we get Europe next year which in honestly I really expect us too - a player like this will be invaluable for depth

2 hours ago, Btay said:

18 month deal initially. Smart, should work well for both teams.

If we get Europe next year which in honestly I really expect us too - a player like this will be invaluable for depth

18 months seems reckless for someone with his injury record and age to be honest. And if his injury record stays as is he won't provide depth at all.

Quality player but I'm not on board with this one at all and hope it doesn't go as badly as it could.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

18 months seems reckless for someone with his injury record and age to be honest. And if his injury record stays as is he won't provide depth at all.

Quality player but I'm not on board with this one at all and hope it doesn't go as badly as it could.

I get the concerns over the risk as you have highlighted. He is a class, class player though and I guess this is what Carlo and co must be weighing up.

On 15/12/2020 at 23:05, Palfy said:

You can have to many players of experience at the wrong age in their life’s in a team, we have more than enough of them, now we need the younger stars of the future to learn off and blend in with what we’ve got, or we end up every couple of years needing to replace 5 or 6 knackered out players that may or may not of had enough left in the tank to do something, the 28 or 29 year old Khedira most definitely the nearly 34 year old who’s done nothing in nearly 3 years due to age and injuries not for me. 

Reposted what I thought then and it hasn’t changed now. 

On 31/12/2020 at 15:53, Zoo 2.0 said:

Players contracts are confidential, as are contracts in any walk of life. It would be naive in the extreme to think that you could find Khedira (or any players) wages to the penny via Google. 

My estimate is that he would be on around £100,000 p/w, but there's no way of knowing unless the player and/or club confirm it. 

Trade Bernard and Gomes and the number doesn't appear so out of reach.

• 4 weeks later...