IGNORED

Sami Khedira

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

so was mario gotze, think he's a world beater?  

Sometimes I read your posts and think you must be on the wind up!

Gotze was one of the best young players on the planet, during that World Cup he was fantastic! But as Zoo said, he got ill and it seriously hampered his career. 

The majority of that German team were world beaters. If only they had some sort of competition where you could play against other teams to see who’s got the most world beaters in the team. 😂

28 minutes ago, Makis said:

Khedira's age is what it is but the main issue, IMO, is that he's been injured A LOT in the past two seasons.

I agree, he’s not been fit enough over quite a few seasons now. If he could stay fit he would probably still be competing at the top. 

51 minutes ago, StevO said:

Sometimes I read your posts and think you must be on the wind up!

Gotze was one of the best young players on the planet, during that World Cup he was fantastic! But as Zoo said, he got ill and it seriously hampered his career. 

The majority of that German team were world beaters. If only they had some sort of competition where you could play against other teams to see who’s got the most world beaters in the team. 😂

that's my point, we aren't getting post WC win and CL win Khedira, we are getting old ass khedira.  just cause he played in those cups way back doesn't mean he's good TODAY.  hell yes i was on the wind up.  to think that anyone in a WC or CL winning squad is awesome and we should sign them is foolish.

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's my point, we aren't getting post WC win and CL win Khedira, we are getting old ass khedira.  just cause he played in those cups way back doesn't mean he's good TODAY.  hell yes i was on the wind up.  to think that anyone in a WC or CL winning squad is awesome and we should sign them is foolish.

If Carlo thinks he's good enough to give us added quality then I'm 100% behind it. The performance staff will know exactly his physical capabilities. 

If he turns out to be leggy and past it then at the very worst we get a winner who will help instill the right culture and mindset in training etc.  The reality is that if he's not up to it then he will not want to move to a club and blot his copy book. 

It's a low risk move. 

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

for me it's just lazy journo stuff.  any ex-carlo player who's on the outs is linked with us.  

Possibly.  The beauty of Carlo is that it wouldn't surprise me if Christiano Ronaldo pops up at Finch Farm. 

He could do a job for 2 more years. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

But you compared him to Zlatan, Thiago Silva and Cavani who are also past their best years when arriving in England. So what your point is doesn’t make any sense. 

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

But you compared him to Zlatan, Thiago Silva and Cavani who are also past their best years when arriving in England. So what your point is doesn’t make any sense. 

Because those players are good today (Cavani jury still out).  Khedira isn’t good today, hence him being surplus. My main point all the way back.

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Because those players are good today (Cavani jury still out).  Khedira isn’t good today, hence him being surplus. My main point all the way back.

You don't know that. The question is can he stay fit and play at the level he did just 2 seasons ago. 

The people that know that aren't on this forum... even if Palfy tries telling you otherwise!

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You don't know that. The question is can he stay fit and play at the level he did just 2 seasons ago. 

The people that know that aren't on this forum... even if Palfy tries telling you otherwise!

We signed Andy gray and Peter Reid when clubs wouldn't touch them through injury problems.

There's no guarantees from supposed fit players.. Like Gbamin.  It's all about the ££ Vs risk.   If the outlay Vs potential risk makes sense then they roll the dice. 

im not sure if we have insurance for such things. 

50 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

google searches show me he's on 184k pounds a week at Juve.  he better be willing to take a massive pay cut

Players contracts are confidential, as are contracts in any walk of life. It would be naive in the extreme to think that you could find Khedira (or any players) wages to the penny via Google. 

My estimate is that he would be on around £100,000 p/w, but there's no way of knowing unless the player and/or club confirm it. 

19 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Players contracts are confidential, as are contracts in any walk of life. It would be naive in the extreme to think that you could find Khedira (or any players) wages to the penny via Google. 

My estimate is that he would be on around £100,000 p/w, but there's no way of knowing unless the player and/or club confirm it. 

While I agree most of the “credible” sources all have the same amount and they have been proven mostly right when details are released for other players and teams.  So I’d say it’s in the ballpark.  I doubt it’s 84k off.  My point is he would be our highest paid player and I’m not ok with that.  Gotta take a cut if he’s coming here.  Especially with his injury record.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

While I agree most of the “credible” sources all have the same amount and they have been proven mostly right when details are released for other players and teams.  So I’d say it’s in the ballpark.  I doubt it’s 84k off.  My point is he would be our highest paid player and I’m not ok with that.  Gotta take a cut if he’s coming here.  Especially with his injury record.

We are well stocked in midfield, a player of his age, injury record, earning that is a no from me. We have players like Delph we need to get rid of, not be buying him a new friend for the treatment room.

Use the money elsewhere, Max Aarons, a right winger, etc.

26 minutes ago, Cisk said:

If we can move Delph on - I'd happily take him. He's more like a Barry type than Delph will ever be.

How/Why the hell did we sign him!!?!!.!.!?

Wouldn't be the first or last  player to get a rep higher than they deserve through playing with class team mates.

Very unlikable. 

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I didn’t really fancy the idea of this signing but watching Tom Davies tonight makes me see the benefit of it

Davies is Davies..... Gylfi was far worse tonight.

The issue like I said in the Godfrey thread is that we have 2 bonafide midfielders who we can trust in Doucoure and Allan ..... So let's get more in, we can't keep rotating 3 midfielders like Davies Gylfi and Gomes who can't be relied on to put in a minimum of 7/10 game. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Davies is Davies..... Gylfi was far worse tonight.

The issue like I said in the Godfrey thread is that we have 2 bonafide midfielders who we can trust in Doucoure and Allan ..... So let's get more in, we can't keep rotating 3 midfielders like Davies Gylfi and Gomes who can't be relied on to put in a minimum of 7/10 game. 

I don’t think it’s possible to be even slightly worse than Davies was tonight but yeah none of those 3 , or Delph, look anywhere near consistent enough to even be dependable as options from the bench

15 minutes ago, Btay said:

Khedira would have dominated that game tonight. I feel for Davies, he miss hit some simple passes but he tried to get the ball over the top a bit and get it going forward with no movement in front of him.

He did to be fair to him, and he never stopped. 
I like the lad, I want him to get more time and improve as he’s only young. But tonight he was terrible.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Davies dominated the midfield today (along with Doucoure). If Khedira come and had exactly the same performance people would say how well he's done, with consideration to the lack of movement in front of him. But because it's Davies people focus on the 4 wayward passes instead of the overall.

I'm not so upset with Davies because i could see the positive things he was trying. My issue is he is letting himself down with the easy stuff. I want him to succeed, i really do - hit those 10 yard passes and get some conviction on them - Changes a 5/10 to a 6.5-7/10 for me. Gomes from the start with how we was playing would have helped Davies immensely.