IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Friday 1 January

markjazzbassist

Anyone saying that that was anything other than appalling needs to give their head a fucking wobble. Had extra time off due to the City incident and go up against their sub goalkeeper and do the square root of fuck all. 

Can't put into words how much that has pissed me off, absolutely pathetic in every sense of the word. The XI on the pitch should be fucking ashamed, nobody fit to wear the shirt tonight bar perhaps Pickford who bailed us out a few times. 

It's been coming too, we were awful against Sheffield United but managed to steal three points due to them being on another level of shit, we just carried on from where we left off and West Ham have nicked it. 

I've said it from the beginning but we have a fantastic core, some great players but as a squad there are some diabolical players signed up. It's difficult to break down teams that park the bus when more than 50% of the players on the pitch can't pass more than three yards. 

7 minutes ago, badaids said:

Mina is such a clumsy oaf - never more then 5 seconds from disaster with him.  It was a mistake to rest Keane tonight.

It was a mistake to rest Keane. Been saying it for months now, but Mina doesn’t win a lot of headers back there. They put about five crosses in the whole match and he was beaten on four of them. 
keane is the steadying influence back there.

3 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Some absolute stinkers out there.

how Davies stayed on for 90 minutes.

stealing a living.

You may have got your wish and seen Davies subbed but Gylfi served up new levels of footballing disinterest.

Gomes and Doucoure only ones who looked anything like they were up for a game. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

It was a mistake to rest Keane. Been saying it for months now, but Mina doesn’t win a lot of headers back there. They put about five crosses in the whole match and he was beaten on four of them. 

Keane got a knock.

41 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Most notably Davies. My god does he love to underhit a pass

36 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Get off Davies!!!

patience gone with him.....again 

Ever played football with lazy cunts doing fuck all in front of you? The were worse passes than his that have gone unmentioned.

12 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Richy is having a nightmare too

Disgraceful performance. He's been poor this season but usually you can't fault his effort. Today he gave fuck all. 

Up there with the one from Lescott when sulking for his move.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think it was more of a mistake to play Holgate myself. I'm really not convinced he is a good defender and his passing is massively over-rated. 

FWIW Mina won twice as many aerial duels as Holgate and the most of anyone else on the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You may have got your wish and seen Davies subbed but Gylfi served up new levels of footballing disinterest.

Gomes and Doucoure only ones who looked anything like they were up for a game. 

Don't see how you can say Doucoure was good and Davies bad.

They played in tandem. They both played well. The shower of shite in front of them have a lot to answer for

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Not sure Mina warrants the criticism. Holgate sloppy all game. 

No one wanted to take responsibility there. Gomes our best player. Showed sigurdson that you can play the 10 and get on the ball and tried to get us forward

Nine players for me warrant criticism. 

Davies the worst, absolutely terrible. 
Holgate just doesn’t look the same player recently. 
Mina was terrible, won nothing in the air, tried to move out of the way of the shot that was right at his foot, instead of taking responsibility and meeting it. 
Richarlison back to running into invisible walls.

Those were the worst for me. A few averages in their as well, Doucoure, Siggy, Godfrey, Bernard and Coleman.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Don't see how you can say Doucoure was good and Davies bad.

They played in tandem. They both played well. The shower of shite in front of them have a lot to answer for

Doucoure gets out of jail alot with his long legs and strength, not the most polished player but he makes things happen cos of his athletic ability. 

Davies did give the ball away but alot of that is cos he isn't strong enough of quick enough. 

I like Davies generally but he's not the answer if we are looking to progress sadly. It's a pity cos he gets slated when there are utter cowards like Gylfi doing what he did tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think it was more of a mistake to play Holgate myself. I'm really not convinced he is a good defender and his passing is massively over-rated. 

FWIW Mina won twice as many aerial duels as Holgate and the most of anyone else on the pitch. 

Mate I watched it, don’t need stats. DCL, won pretty much 70% of his.

Mina was beaten by the first three crosses that went into the box. The only ones he won were the ones that went straight to him.

I might have missed a few, but I honestly can’t remember him winning any, whereas the lost ones were clear as day.

But to give him credit he had 94% pass accuracy compared to Holgates 91% 😉

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mina was terrible, won nothing in the air, tried to move out of the way of the shot that was right at his foot, instead of taking responsibility and meeting it. 

Those were the worst for me. A few averages in their as well, Doucoure, Siggy, Godfrey, Bernard and Coleman.

Siggy average?  He was appalling. 

I find it difficult to pick anyone out as the worse player, they were all shocking.

This slow play sideways and backwards is driving me round the twist.

If that is what Carlo is preaching all week then we are in trouble, we are so slow its soul destroying.

If that's not what they practice all week, then why are they all doing it, i need a lay down after that.

I would like to say it was a one off, but there have been a lot of them type of games this season.

Yes i do realize what position we are in the league, but we are talking west ham here. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

That defeat wasn’t down to the defence that was down to 6 in front of them who did fuck all. 

I thought it was down to them all to be honest. Coleman wasn't exactly do anything, Godfrey got stuck too deep for the goal and he posed no threat going forward (understandably). The other two weren't exactly getting us playing with any pace and Holgate in particular should have done better with the ball at his feet.

Davies was strolling around like a Sunday league game, taking up poor tactical positions and hindering our ability to pass forward. Doucoure was the only one moving and making space with that movement. Siggy was hit and miss in my opinion but whilst he did get into space, he passing tended to be far too safe and slow. I dont really remember a time when his movement caused a problem to the West Ham players. 

Richarlison and Bernard were ultimately playing difficult games. The overlap on one side of the pitch was non-existent, Coleman doesn't look sharp on the other side, they had very little assistance from DCL, Siggy or Davies to allow them some space to move into. DCL's movement is all very vertical and is relatively easy to mark when there isn't much space in behind, and he isnt going to hurt you if he gets the ball to feet outside the box. 

This isn't something new either, this has been a consistent feature of our play for a while. Its all well and good playing this way against sides that want to attack you because there is more space to exploit but that was never going to be the case against West Ham or Sheffield Utd and as a result we have created fuck all. We can't just wait for James to get fit or play well to start creating chances. 

This is just such a mad season. I am not entirely sure how we are top half, let alone 4th as things stand. 

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Think its harsh to put that goal on him though, Holgate was the worst of the 2 all game in both defending and distribution. 

Richarlison was worse than Davies for me. We love him because he normally runs his ass off and is a goal threat. Hopefully its just a little patch and he will bounce back.

Bernard & Gylfi okay? Gylfi was non exisent for 40 or so minutes which is why we had to play sideways and backwards. Bernard maybe but he seems to always follow up a decent performance with a questionable one.

9 minutes ago, Btay said:

Think its harsh to put that goal on him though, Holgate was the worst of the 2 all game in both defending and distribution. 

Richarlison was worse than Davies for me. We love him because he normally runs his ass off and is a goal threat. Hopefully its just a little patch and he will bounce back.

Bernard & Gylfi okay? Gylfi was non exisent for 40 or so minutes which is why we had to play sideways and backwards. Bernard maybe but he seems to always follow up a decent performance with a questionable one.

I might be being harsh as I think he’s a shit footballer, so his ratings start at a -1 for me haha. 
But I don’t  understand why he lifts his foot out of the way? Which results in a deflection straight to their goalsscorer. I spent years watching Jags throw himself in front of balls, and now have a giant of a man doing his best to get out of the way of the ball. He did it on the first half to Rices cross across the box and we got lucky that time.

I just don’t get it that’s all. 

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mate I watched it, don’t need stats. DCL, won pretty much 70% of his.

Mina was beaten by the first three crosses that went into the box. The only ones he won were the ones that went straight to him.

I might have missed a few, but I honestly can’t remember him winning any, whereas the lost ones were clear as day.

But to give him credit he had 94% pass accuracy compared to Holgates 91% 😉

With all due respect, I think you have an anti-Mina bias. It is a fact that Mina won 6 aerial duels, the most of any player on the pitch. Maybe it just so happened that all of the ones the West Ham players won were against Mina but that isn't what I saw. 

Your other comment about the clearance is similar. Mina has his right leg planted when Cresswell hits it. He did all he could to get something on it with his left. Its not a mistake, it doesnt make him a yard dog as other have said, he is a defender who pushed out as he should have unlike Godfrey trying to get something on the ball to get it clear. He is just unlucky it falls into the path of Soucek for whom Holgate didn't fancy tracking. 

It should also be noted that Mina was pulled out of position in the first instance because Holgate got sucked into no-mans land like a ball watching magpie and completely vacated his position when the attacker had two other blue shirts around him. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I might be being harsh as I think he’s a shit footballer, so his ratings start at a -1 for me haha. 
But I don’t  understand why he lifts his foot out of the way? Which results in a deflection straight to their goalsscorer. I spent years watching Jags throw himself in front of balls, and now have a giant of a man doing his best to get out of the way of the ball. He did it on the first half to Rices cross across the box and we got lucky that time.

I just don’t get it that’s all. 

Fair, at least you admit it. If Mina put in Holgates performance tonight this place would blow up in fury. 

For the whole, we conceded 1 goal off a deflection - it happens. I'm more pissed off with our play going forward. We waste playing Dom when Gylfi doesnt want to play. Richarlison needs a massive kick up the ass and if we are playing against a team with no ambition what so ever to attack, please Carlo - play a full back that can offer something going forward. Godfrey has been excellent in LB but was a waste out there today as we offered nothing on the left.

Just now, Bailey said:

With all due respect, I think you have an anti-Mina bias. It is a fact that Mina won 6 aerial duels, the most of any player on the pitch. Maybe it just so happened that all of the ones the West Ham players won were against Mina but that isn't what I saw. 

Your other comment about the clearance is similar. Mina has his right leg planted when Cresswell hits it. He did all he could to get something on it with his left. Its not a mistake, it doesnt make him a yard dog as other have said, he is a defender who pushed out as he should have unlike Godfrey trying to get something on the ball to get it clear. He is just unlucky it falls into the path of Soucek for whom Holgate didn't fancy tracking. 

It should also be noted that Mina was pulled out of position in the first instance because Holgate got sucked into no-mans land like a ball watching magpie and completely vacated his position when the attacker had two other blue shirts around him. 

I do mate to be honest. I don’t rate him at all so I am extra picky on him.

But not sure what stats your reading. He won more balls in the air than Ogbonna ( is that him?)?  This is the trouble with stats.... they don’t ring true to the eye.

Watch the goal again mate, you might change your mind. He actually lifts his foot off the floor trying to get it away. He doesn’t try to meet the ball at all. Suppose it’s subjective, but if that’s him trying his best to block a football.... then he literally has wise technical skills than Niasse haha.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Fair, at least you admit it. If Mina put in Holgates performance tonight this place would blow up in fury. 

For the whole, we conceded 1 goal off a deflection - it happens. I'm more pissed off with our play going forward. We waste playing Dom when Gylfi doesnt want to play. Richarlison needs a massive kick up the ass and if we are playing against a team with no ambition what so ever to attack, please Carlo - play a full back that can offer something going forward. Godfrey has been excellent in LB but was a waste out there today as we offered nothing on the left.

To be fair mate I put Holgate above him in my worst list in MoM thread. But I will openly admit my bias against him. He just frustrates me for a guy of his size to not be a beast in the air. And when the ball hit him on the cheek and he fell down like he had been shot.... so glad I wasn’t in a pub watching it. It’s the type of things fans get ribbed for haha.

But your right, the biggest worry recently, not just tonight is our creativeness seems to have gone blunt.