IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup Home) Sunday 24th January

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, badaids said:

Weird to have a game where our control  of the result never looked under any real threat.

Hope we get Wycombe.  Just because they're the closest thing I have to a second team.

Would love Wycombe to get up. Big chance of silverware in this cup - even if we get Tottenham, if we beat them theres only a couple of teams i would not fancy us against. 

Totally professional job from start to finish, I don't think we will have an easier game but after the fright of Rotherham that's just what we needed. A clean sheet, comfortable throughout and three good goals. 

James I've spoken to death about, MOTM by a mile and on another level tonight - DCL, Richarlison and Mina with great goals which should hopefully give them a boost to carry through into the league. 

Made up with Small and Onyango getting on the pitch for their cameos, Kenny too although I expect him to depart shortly. Overall, a very comfortable evening which doesn't come around often. Onto the next one! 

Never felt more like singing the blues, when Everton win and Liverpool lose woooooahhhhhh

2 hours ago, badaids said:

I thought that was a myth?  Still - it's the best live album ever.  That version of Rosalie is astonishing.  Was there a band that did the harmonised guitar riffs that Lizzy?

They definitely cheated! I can't remember which documentary Visconti talks about it. The sound, I agree, is amazing.

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm a little bit drunk because I enjoyed myself watching that.

First half it was end to end and Sheff Wed caused a few problems, but we played really well and it was enjoyable to watch. I think we were the better side and deserved to go in ahead at half time.

Second half though, we shut them down completely and they were never in it really. We controlled the half and were the very definition of professional. I can't fault them at all and the result probably wasn't as comprehensive as it could have been.

What a fucking player James Rodriguez is though. I'm surprised at how much time and space he was allowed but he exploited it and showed his quality. He drips class and I fucking love watching him play. He's different gravy.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm a little bit drunk because I enjoyed myself watching that.

First half it was end to end and Sheff Wed caused a few problems, but we played really well and it was enjoyable to watch. I think we were the better side and deserved to go in ahead at half time.

Second half though, we shut them down completely and they were never in it really. We controlled the half and were the very definition of professional. I can't fault them at all and the result probably wasn't as comprehensive as it could have been.

What a fucking player James Rodriguez is though. I'm surprised at how much time and space he was allowed but he exploited it and showed his quality. He drips class and I fucking love watching him play. He's different gravy.

He’s simply different class. To be honest he played 2/3 balls that I couldn’t even see being possible and I had the whole pitch on the TV to look at. Absolute privilege watching him like that.