IGNORED

Leicester (Home) Wednesday 27 January

AlbanyNYToffee

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's absolute shite, i remember some on here wanted us to sign him from city.   honestly i like perez better than ihenacho, we almost signed perez from la liga 2 when we had martinez.  he was top scorer in that league.

He is shite but he seems to love scoring against us. 

On 22/01/2021 at 20:53, markjazzbassist said:

he's absolute shite, i remember some on here wanted us to sign him from city.   honestly i like perez better than ihenacho, we almost signed perez from la liga 2 when we had martinez.  he was top scorer in that league.

Yeh I don't think he is that good but he finds the back of the net regularly enough.

Personally I think Perez is a very average player who doesnt really bring much to the table. 

They cost a combined £55 million!

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Very nervous about our midfield for this game with no Allan or Doucoure 

It's a real shame. If we had either of them, forget both, I'd fancy us to win. As it is I'd begrudgingly take a draw.

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Davies Holgate Siggy
James DCL Richy

I don't know what the solution is so I threw Holgate in there. I'll probably avoid the game altogether if the lineup has any combo of Davies Gomes Siggy as the holding mids. 

35 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's a real shame. If we had either of them, forget both, I'd fancy us to win. As it is I'd begrudgingly take a draw.

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Davies Holgate Siggy
James DCL Richy

I don't know what the solution is so I threw Holgate in there. I'll probably avoid the game altogether if the lineup has any combo of Davies Gomes Siggy as the holding mids. 

Bet you don't.

i'm confident, we beat them last time and they are without vardy.  just play our game, and have faith in the lads.  maddison is their danger man, mark him out the game and get the ball to james to deliver those silky passes to richy and dcl.  

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Davies Gylfi

Gomes

James          DCL     Richarlison

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Very nervous about our midfield for this game with no Allan or Doucoure 

Agree - I’d put Godfrey in midfield for this one. Not ideal but we’ll need his athleticism and protection for the the back 4 (I’d have Holgate, Keane, Mina, Digne) and hopefully give them some problems with Iwobi, James, Richarlison playing behind Calvert-Lewin. I’d probably go with Gomes alongside Godfrey.

Is Iwobi fit for this? If so, I'd play James through the middle....

Pickford

Holgate Keane Mina Digne

Davies   Gomes

Iwobi                  Richy

James

DCL

Bit risky playing Godfrey in DM against Leic as we've not seen him there for us yet

The reverse fixture was probably the easiest game we had this season yet I'm worried as Doucoure is a big loss and there's no way they can play that badly again (tries to cry it in).

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Davies

Iwobi  James Gomes Richarlison

DCL

Gomes needs to be on the ball for this one. Lacks a little concentration so gives away space cheaply. Looked like he was enjoying himself last night so will be high on confidence and we all know how much better he is when he's confident. Think he'll be the reason we win or lose.

I think we will need industry in midfield for this given the players we have.

I would worry that combining James with any two of the others through the middle would leave us very exposed and give us almost no chance of containing Maddison or even Tielemans breaking forward. 

17 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pickford

Godfrey    Keane   Mina 

iwobi  James   Gomes gilfi   Digne

Dcl      Richy 

pack the midfield let Maddison see what a proper midfielder looks like 

@Romey 1878 3 at the back let’s goooooooo

I think Vardy being out will be as big a miss to Leicester as much as Doucoure being out for us is  - so evens up the 'missing key player' stakes a bit.

Leicester are a good team, but are not at the level of Liverpool, Man U or Man C - so at home these should be games that we go in to looking to  be giving as good as we get and being optimistic of getting three point -  so to say. Those other teams I mentioned, you might tend be solid at the back for 70mins and maybe try and nick something at the end.

Leicester are a team that we are either going to finish just above or just behind this season, so this is a big game - a potential 6 pointer in my eyes when it comes to getting a European spot come the end of the season.

now we around half way through the season and can assess our overall realistic goal for this season - it makes this a big game for us (and Leicester).

35 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I can’t cope with the prospect of a Davies/Gomes partnership - they’ve proved that they don’t work as a pair. I’m okay with one of them on the pitch at a time or even both when Allan’s there to mop up but they’ve proved they’re not a compatible pair on too many occasions.

Gomes should definitely start because he seems to have found some form so you’d hope that means no Davies, but it might be necessary.