IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Saturday 30 January

markjazzbassist

Just now, pete0 said:

Richarlison was woeful and Sigurdsson is embarrassing. Ancelotti got it completely wrong. Sigurdsson Doucoure midfield was never going to work. 

Don’t know why everyone seems to be singling those two out, they were no worse than anyone else in an Everton shirt today

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Richarlison was woeful and Sigurdsson is embarrassing. Ancelotti got it completely wrong. Sigurdsson Doucoure midfield was never going to work. 

Seriously cannot wait for Allan to be fit.

Positive is how little there is on Gbamin to look decent in the midfield after Gylfi today.

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Don’t know why everyone seems to be singling those two out, they were no worse than anyone else in an Everton shirt today

Richarlison was woeful with the ball into his feet. He had a few decent runs first half but faded.

Gylfi was slow with everything. Offered nothing in defence.

That was embarrassingly bad. We were never in that game at all. So that's twice we've played an awful Newcastle side and been worse than them.

The midfield was completely inept and I have no idea how Sigurdsson was still on the pitch at the end - he offered absolutely nothing at all. Richarlison was a bag of smelly shite. DCL received a lesson in centre forward play from Callum fucking Wilson. James had a massive off day. Doucoure didn't really do much either.

Just very, very bad.

I said it after the Leicester game in that you can change the midfield but it won't change how we play. We have played like this for a long time. There is no plan of attack, it is more about keeping it tight. 

We have only 1 attacking player that is prepared to hold the ball in attacking positions without giving it away after 2 seconds (James). There is no patience to our play. We don't look comfortable with the ball in the final third, or in positions close to defenders. We also hold no real width until the full backs get forward but they can't do that with as much confidence in a 442 formation.

With us, I just feel like it is all about the first goal. If we get it we can hold onto a lead, if we don't, we have no plan to break sides down. 

I think Carlo needs to get his thinking cap on again.