IGNORED

New Kits 2021/2022

6 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I like it particularly the yellow trim.

I also agree with Matt on the the players modeling them esp James. Surely the club would have some sense of his future before deciding to put him front and center of a marketing plan (maybe that is my heart ruling the head)

I think the fact that the launch includes a pic of Richy wearing the shirt at Goodison suggests the photo-shoots were done before Ancelotti left, and there was no speculation back then.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I like it particularly the yellow trim.

I also agree with Matt on the the players modeling them esp James. Surely the club would have some sense of his future before deciding to put him front and center of a marketing plan (maybe that is my heart ruling the head)

Nah, they will want to sell as many kits as possible BEFORE James foxtrot oscars, if that’s what he’s going to do... the marketing dept know exactly what they are doing.

Anyway, i have to say I think this years kit is absolutely doggo. At least it’s unique and not some standard design. It’s a shame because I loved last seasons kit.

And the reveal clip on the website. In 66 seconds you get to see the kit for a total of 8 seconds and never more than a flash. 

3 hours ago, badaids said:

And the reveal clip on the website. In 66 seconds you get to see the kit for a total of 8 seconds and never more than a flash. 

It’s just a little marketing ploy. At the same time the video was available a load of s photos of the kit were also released, so you can look at them for as long as you like mate. 😂

5 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Was also trying to order one for my 6yr old girl. Interesting that you can't personalise the women's shirt with a name on the back (of your child, not a player). Seems odd.

Just tried a dummy order and had no problem adding a name to a kid's shirt (or a woman's shirt) so not sure why you can't.

It's the old shirt, so not sure how helpful but I bought a baby kit for my daughter and personalised her name/number no problem. Might just be a case of needing to reload the website due to a glitch @Goodison Glory?

On the subject of the models for the kit, the club will want to use those that are the most marketable; which is James and Richie due to their South American pull.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

I think the fact that the launch includes a pic of Richy wearing the shirt at Goodison suggests the photo-shoots were done before Ancelotti left, and there was no speculation back then.

Maybe, but could've easily have been swapped out. Its a statement in my view. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’m not sure if you guys have this phrase across the pond but that makes a “sick” kit. Our third jerseys have routinely been the most attractive the last few years. 

I agree. I tend to wish our third kits were the away kit instead. 
And then we wear them once each season. 
I’d like them to try to balance it out a bit more.