IGNORED

New Kits 2021/2022

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a beauty that is! Take my money!

My new thing is to just get the third kit as I like having a bunch of different colors and styles and then I’ll get a main kit if it really appeals to me (or if we get a new  main sponsor). I quite liked last years Home Kit. This year’s is fine but I’m not particularly inspired to purchase.

I love the design and colours, but I’m disappointed that we have once again resorted to allowing the the badge to be ironed on, I thought after the first shirt and the problems with delaminating, badges were to embroidered going forward, or was that just for first team shirts.  

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I love the design and colours, but I’m disappointed that we have once again resorted to allowing the the badge to be ironed on, I thought after the first shirt and the problems with delaminating, badges were to embroidered going forward, or was that just for first team shirts.  

What makes you think that?:huh:

"Following supporter feedback, an XXL youth size has been introduced across all three Everton kits for 2021/22, while the crests are woven with an embroidered finish."

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2199794/third-kit-on-sale-now

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"Following supporter feedback, an XXL youth size has been introduced across all three Everton kits for 2021/22, while the crests are woven with an embroidered finish."

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2199794/third-kit-on-sale-now

Fair enough I stand corrected when I read the description it said heat applied transfers, so may not include the crest. 

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned this yesterday in the Leeds thread, but it’s still puzzling me, and this seems the perfect thread to ask again: why weren’t we in the away kit yesterday?  All dark, to contrast with the all white of Leeds.

Too often, it seems, we play in our “4th kit,” a sort of copy of Chelsea’s all blue.  Bleccchhhh.

So, those of you who purchase away jerseys, wouldn’t you like to see the team actually wear that strip when obviously appropriate?  For that matter, for those of you who are sentient beings, same question.

3 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I mentioned this yesterday in the Leeds thread, but it’s still puzzling me, and this seems the perfect thread to ask again: why weren’t we in the away kit yesterday?  All dark, to contrast with the all white of Leeds.

Too often, it seems, we play in our “4th kit,” a sort of copy of Chelsea’s all blue.  Bleccchhhh.

So, those of you who purchase away jerseys, wouldn’t you like to see the team actually wear that strip when obviously appropriate?  For that matter, for those of you who are sentient beings, same question.

I have to agree that I don’t like the all-blue. Not that it looks bad, it just doesn’t look right. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

We wear blue when we can wear blue. Always have. 

Ah, yes, thanks.  So I assume we will will not wear blue v. either Huddersfield or Brighton.  Against Brighton, who wear blue/white vertical stripes with blue shorts, I assume we will see the away kit.  Against Huddersfield, I could imagine either the away or 3d kit.

Still curious about fans who purchase either away or 3d kit.  As long as the team wear each once or twice per season, it’s understood and maybe even preferred to see Everton in home or “4th” kit almost all the time?

48 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Still curious about fans who purchase either away or 3d kit.  As long as the team wear each once or twice per season, it’s understood and maybe even preferred to see Everton in home or “4th” kit almost all the time?

As StevO said, we always wear our "primary" colour whenever we can, unlike some others. All for it personally; you could more accurately say, if you were ranking priority, that all blue is actually our second choice kit.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

As StevO said, we always wear our "primary" colour whenever we can, unlike some others. All for it personally; you could more accurately say, if you were ranking priority, that all blue is actually our second choice kit.

The “actually second choice” does seem accurate in my viewing experience.  I’d guess the all blue is worn several times per season more than either the official away or official 3d kit.

I just never understood before why the official away and 3d were little used, so I appreciate the explanations from you and SteveO.  And I see the intense Evertonian loyalty to the primary color, plus the differentiation from “some other” clubs.

On 22/08/2021 at 17:17, Elston Gunnn said:

Ah, yes, thanks.  So I assume we will will not wear blue v. either Huddersfield or Brighton.  Against Brighton, who wear blue/white vertical stripes with blue shorts, I assume we will see the away kit.  Against Huddersfield, I could imagine either the away or 3d kit.

I always seem to really like our third kits, I’ve bought a couple where we’ve only worn them once or on occasion not at all and it frustrates me. So I love this seasons but as we may not wear it I’ll probably give it a miss. 
I don’t mind them wearing blue whenever possible, but they should try to split the away and third a bit more across the season for the sake of the fans who buy them if nothing else. 

There is no 4th kit though. When they bring out a home kit they do the normal white shorts and then a “change” pair of shorts in blue, and often the same with the socks. 
It’s still the home kit though. 

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

There is no 4th kit though. When they bring out a home kit they do the normal white shorts and then a “change” pair of shorts in blue, and often the same with the socks. 
It’s still the home kit though. 

It'd actually be better described as the first kit rather than the home kit in fact, because it's first choice home and away.

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It'd actually be better described as the first kit rather than the home kit in fact, because it's first choice home and away.

Which I don’t feel can be bettered, there’s something emotional watching us run out onto the pitch a blue shirt white shorts and socks, it takes me right back to when I was a kid. 

On 22/08/2021 at 20:01, Elston Gunnn said:

And I see the intense Evertonian loyalty to the primary color, plus the differentiation from “some other” clubs.

Leicester tonight a case in point, when we go to West Ham we wear blue; Leicester are wearing green.

• 6 months later...
On 28/07/2021 at 16:49, MikeO said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2199794/third-soccer-kit-on-sale-now

I think @Palfyis right here. No crests are woven