IGNORED

Leeds (Away) Saturday 21 August

markjazzbassist

United will carve up a few teams this year but Leeds were very poor in defence. I think having a lot of pace in the team is the best way and I’m struggling on how to get James into the starting XI.

Would like Godfrey in the backline if he is available however.

With the way Leeds play, if you beat the man you can create an overload and play that like United did and you will create chance after chance. They finished where they did last season as a result of their goals scored, as they conceded plenty and that won't change this year.

I just think you have to match them for energy and work rate and sooner or later you will create chances. Move the ball quickly, make them chase it and the gaps will appear.

7 hours ago, patto said:

Well apparently there's no need to isolate if you've been double vaccinated so no need for anyone to miss training and games.

Given our clubs morales are generally spot on - I highly doubt they would suggest 5 players are isolating from covid if it weren’t true… 

7 minutes ago, patto said:

Does anyone think we will bring Moise Kean out of isolation and put him on the bench or will he be gone I hope he's gone.

The lads not interested in Everton.

He’s definitely not interested in Everton but whilst he’s here Rafa will push him hard to get something out of him if he needs it, if picked he’s got to try if he wants out that’s what any club looking at buying him would want to see. And James I would love to both on the bench or even playing they both have what it takes to be an asset to the team, unfortunately none of that can be said of Delph imo. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

Does anyone think we will bring Moise Kean out of isolation and put him on the bench or will he be gone I hope he's gone.

The lads not interested in Everton.

If he wants to make the World Cup squad he would want to act interested

Don't think James or Kean will be near the squad until after the transfer window (if they are still here). I think these two going (or not) will ultimately determine who comes in (or not). - Leeds away will be far too high an intensity for him. Everybody is going to have to win their battles - or at least put up a good fight. Leeds away is not a game for James in any case, and possibly not Kean either. 

This will be an interesting game to see how well we stand up to their energy levels this season. I thought we where well off in these high intensity games last season. 

It very early day's so I don't expect miracles, but hoping for a vast improvement in our attitude and work rate in games like this.

This first few weeks of the season I think home advantage will be massive, even more so than the norm. With this being Leeds first game in front of their fans I think this would be a tough place for any team in the Premiership to go this weekend.  Head tells me it being difficult to come away with anything this weekend. Heart always think's we could kick a cheeky point or three. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Don't think James or Kean will be near the squad until after the transfer window (if they are still here). I think these two going (or not) will ultimately determine who comes in (or not). - Leeds away will be far too high an intensity for him. Everybody is going to have to win their battles - or at least put up a good fight. Leeds away is not a game for James in any case, and possibly not Kean either. 

This will be an interesting game to see how well we stand up to their energy levels this season. I thought we where well off in these high intensity games last season. 

It very early day's so I don't expect miracles, but hoping for a vast improvement in our attitude and work rate in games like this.

This first few weeks of the season I think home advantage will be massive, even more so than the norm. With this being Leeds first game in front of their fans I think this would be a tough place for any team in the Premiership to go this weekend.  Head tells me it being difficult to come away with anything this weekend. Heart always think's we could kick a cheeky point or three. 

I agree with all of that.

I feel it will be one of those that both sides will create chances to win the game and it will be a case of who takes more of those chances.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

James has already said he won’t be playing Saturday. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

James behind the striker would be ideal against Leeds. They leave so much space he could exploit. Fernandez is hardly a hard worker defensively and ripped then apart last week, and I'd say James has even more talent to do so.

2 hours ago, Ghoat said:

Do we know any more about who might be available that wasn't last week? Kean kinda baffles me, he seems to have zero interest in Everton, even tho he has gotten nothing but love since he arrived. Product of age/maturity maybe? 

I would say all 5 that had to isolate will now be available for selection whether they get selected is another matter, I would like to think Godfrey would be a definite. 

Ideally I’d prefer to go a 4-3-3 with another cm in for Townsend and Gray out wide to hold up the midfield battle and catch them on the break but I think Gbamin may be short fitness and still needs to be eased in. 

Been hanging for it all week so hopefully we turn up for this one!

Little bit worried for Keane and Allan. Leeds will keep running to drag players out of place. Neither of those have the intelligence when to stick rather than go with the man.

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Townsend Davies Gbamin Doucoure Richarlison

DCL

Richi and Townsend purely for their work rate. Let them get tired and then bring Iwobi and Gray on second half to go win it. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Little bit worried for Keane and Allan. Leeds will keep running to drag players out of place. Neither of those have the intelligence when to stick rather than go with the man.

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Townsend Davies Gbamin Doucoure Richarlison

DCL

Richi and Townsend purely for their work rate. Let them get tired and then bring Iwobi and Gray on second half to go win it. 

I thought Benitez said GBamin was out  or I have dreamt that? 😂