IGNORED

Leicester (home) Sunday 19th December

MikeO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He’s proved he can put a team out and still give another PL team a hammering, if the powers to be accept his application to postpone this game then this season will take for ever to finish and become a farce. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Apparently they majority of their issues are down to injuries and the AFCON and not Covid.

Here is the list of injuries:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Surely there is no way the game can be cancelled?

Yes, I have same impression as Bailey.  If they’re down only a very few because of Covid, this match should be played.  I assume league authorities can make the same distinctions Bailey has made in his first sentence.

We could still lose, of course.  Looks like we have to score 2-3 goals most matches, as our defense is so unreliable.  If we ever get healthy — we’ve missed important players repeatedly, though I guess never as many at one time as Leicester right now  — we might have 4-5 goal-scorers among DCL, Richarlison, Gray, Gordon, Townsend.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Fucking postponed again. 

Probably suits us after last night but it’s taking the piss a bit. I heard they only have 3 Covid cases and the rest is injuries and ACON call ups. They managed to put a side out just yesterday and some of their players were out at the darts a few days ago. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Probably suits us after last night but it’s taking the piss a bit. I heard they only have 3 Covid cases and the rest is injuries and ACON call ups. They managed to put a side out just yesterday and some of their players were out at the darts a few days ago. 

I think we need games now to try and get some momentum back in the team. 

24 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

There will be tons of postponements with AFCON taking place, it's just an easy excuse to play the Covid card. 

It is an excuse, and not even in keeping with the PL Board’s own guidelines.

They explicitly refer to “existing rules and adapted COVID-19 postponement guidance, implemented in light of the new Omicron variant.”  They further refer to “the status, severity[,] and potential impact of the COVID-19 outbreak at the club.”

No reference to AFCON.

So, although the Board claims that it “aims to provide as much clarity as possible,” in fact the explanation of this decision does, and is intended to do, the very opposite: it obscures the actual reason for the cancellation.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2443484/everton-v-leicester-city-postponed

Not sure why anyone is angry about postponement. We have numerous players out injured. We are not on a good run of form. We have new players that could benefit from time on the training ground. Yet Everton Twitter is melting down about the game being postponed like it is the biggest problem at our club right now. Understand that Rafa is enough to make anyone crazy but some folks have realllllly lost the plot. 

Agree that postponement might be advantage as our numbers are thin at the moment so this could be good for us. At the same time crying about AFCON doesn't wash as all teams know that is a possibility.

Messes up meals this week as Tuesday was to be curry night.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

To be honest our players could do with a run of games, not time off. 
We need to get match sharpness and we’ve hardly played recently. Not helping us at all.

But it can’t be helped in the situation we’re in, and if they are struggling… then they need support.

I agree with this, need to get competitive minutes into the players. Brighton was a good example of what a lack of games does, the start was horrendous!

Only positives I really see is it gives a few players returning more time to be 100% fit and our 2 signings a bit more time to bed in with the squad and gel.

They had 9 “senior” players in their FA Cup squad, I don’t think Afcon/Injuries should be a deciding factor, especially when being postponed for the greater safety of everyone when its only I assume 1 or 2 cases of covid in their squad, it’s definitely being taken advantage of to suit teams for example Palace tried, were rejected then put out the same team as a previous game I’m pretty sure.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're not struggling because of Covid though, far from it. They have very few, if any, players out through Covid.

This postponement really is taking the piss.

I don’t know what’s what to be honest mate. Only part I saw was injuries and covid cases. Could be one secretary had covid!