IGNORED

Spurs ( Away ) Monday 7th March

Btay

Tactic totally wrong tonight. Spurs didnt play that well first half, but countered well and have been clinical in their finishing. 

Neither DCL or Richarlison involved at all tonight.

We just dont have the defense to press high up against quality players like Son and Kane.

This sort of result can be a by product of going on the front foot againt half decent sides. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Tough after match interview coming up for Lampard, got to feel for him let down by pretty much most of the team. 

It is hard for him because in these moments you tend to turn towards experienced players but its these same players that have fucked us over time and time again the last few years. It's almost like a group of 4/5 get together and decide who's turn it is this game - Pickfords left that group this year luckily but its absolutely fucked. I don't think any one fan would be against Lampard sending out the likes Patterson & Branthwaite in place of some of this lot.

The first thing I will say is that Lampard has to take some of the blame for this defeat. I don't think we could have played more into Spurs hands. They always had a spare man, they happily let us drift our way forward onto them and then counter time and time again. Conte would have been rubbing his hands together when he say this play out. 

I think a special award for ineptness should go to the two centre backs in that first half. Keane was fucking atrocious. I have no idea what he was doing for the first and he was bullied again. I have never seen a Premier League defender spend so much time out of position as I have with Holgate today. I don't know what game he was playing but it wasnt the same game as the other 10 were playing in. 

As others have said Coleman is done. Even if you thought he could still do a job at the back, which he can on occasions, he is useless with the ball at his feet. He cant make simple passes. 

Thats a common theme in the team though. We have too many players that cant pass or they try and force passes because they lose patience. Too often they are taking too many touches too or the pace of the pass is far too slow.

Dom is also a bit of a concern. His runs off the ball are frustrating me. He is running off the shoulder of defenders when the ball isnt on. Then you see dickheads like Allan and Coleman thinking they have suddenly turned into Pirlo and trying to play him the perfect ball. Even when he gets a touch, it feels like he is losing the ball quickly afterwards. He is so far off it. 

I would also like to think we have seen the end of the Kenny LB 'adventure' but Mykolenko didnt look like he wanted to be on the pitch when he did come. I cant even begin to contemplate what is going through his head, but I think Kenny cutting back onto his right foot offered us more. 

Alli offered us a couple of glimpses of quality on the ball but as soon as someone beat him he gave up. 

The one and only positive was Gordon. He never stopped trying. He needs to release the ball sooner, but when he got the ball he looked dangerous. He was the only threat.

It's a huge, huge concern just how easily we fall apart when we concede away from home.

It was another game where we started really well and looked the better side. Then we concede a goal (through our own making) and that's all she fucking wrote, game over.

Things are always going to go against you at some point but it's how you react to that that's important. We fall went to pieces. Again. Even in a normal season that's asking for trouble but when you're fighting relegation? You've got to be better and more resilient than that.

We have to find a way of surviving this season and then come the summer we have to get shut of a load of these weak players and any players that don't want to be here. Doesn't matter who they are, whether they're well liked by fans, what they've done for us in their time here... If they're not on board or not good enough now they can all go.

43 minutes ago, johnh said:

We need to get rid of DCL.  The problem we have is that the way he is performing, no one will be prepared to pay big bucks for him.

No club will pay big bucks the way he looks, I seen loads of comments last night on twitter from fans of other teams slating him.  

the warning signs have been there for a while, he stopped being a footballer a while ago sir Alex had it right.  Beckham has 30 times the talent DCL had but as soon as he seen the modelling etc get out of hand he cashed in. 

I recall a game towards the end of last season where he was all petulant cos he had to do running up from and he lay down pretending to be exhausted then gave a very strange interview. 

he needs to watch a replay of his game against Man City where he got Kyle walker sent off cos he was bullying him. 

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

The first thing I will say is that Lampard has to take some of the blame for this defeat. I don't think we could have played more into Spurs hands. They always had a spare man, they happily let us drift our way forward onto them and then counter time and time again. Conte would have been rubbing his hands together when he say this play out. 

I think a special award for ineptness should go to the two centre backs in that first half. Keane was fucking atrocious. I have no idea what he was doing for the first and he was bullied again. I have never seen a Premier League defender spend so much time out of position as I have with Holgate today. I don't know what game he was playing but it wasnt the same game as the other 10 were playing in. 

As others have said Coleman is done. Even if you thought he could still do a job at the back, which he can on occasions, he is useless with the ball at his feet. He cant make simple passes. 

Thats a common theme in the team though. We have too many players that cant pass or they try and force passes because they lose patience. Too often they are taking too many touches too or the pace of the pass is far too slow.

Dom is also a bit of a concern. His runs off the ball are frustrating me. He is running off the shoulder of defenders when the ball isnt on. Then you see dickheads like Allan and Coleman thinking they have suddenly turned into Pirlo and trying to play him the perfect ball. Even when he gets a touch, it feels like he is losing the ball quickly afterwards. He is so far off it. 

I would also like to think we have seen the end of the Kenny LB 'adventure' but Mykolenko didnt look like he wanted to be on the pitch when he did come. I cant even begin to contemplate what is going through his head, but I think Kenny cutting back onto his right foot offered us more. 

Alli offered us a couple of glimpses of quality on the ball but as soon as someone beat him he gave up. 

The one and only positive was Gordon. He never stopped trying. He needs to release the ball sooner, but when he got the ball he looked dangerous. He was the only threat.

Last night wasn’t about the manager imo.  We had enough of a strong team and formation to do better, the spare man was because they outworked us. 

They ran off the ball and we had ball watchers. Simple as that. 

We went out with the wrong tactics, and probably formation, Spurs scored 4 from counter attacks, totally wrong to go there and expect us to be able to win with us doing most of the attacking play.

But the way we collapsed was awful, at 1 or 2 nil at half time we still had a chance, at 3 we were dead and buried.

Players need to take a long hard look at themselves and Frank at how we set up for the remaining away games, we can’t have a repeat of last night. 
And to balance things off a bit, did anyone really expect us to take 3 points ( I predicted a win cos I need points and I’m an optimist).

Dust off and get set for Sunday, with the might of the crown behind the team.

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

We went out with the wrong tactics, and probably formation, Spurs scored 4 from counter attacks, totally wrong to go there and expect us to be able to win with us doing most of the attacking play.

But the way we collapsed was awful, at 1 or 2 nil at half time we still had a chance, at 3 we were dead and buried.

Players need to take a long hard look at themselves and Frank at how we set up for the remaining away games, we can’t have a repeat of last night. 
And to balance things off a bit, did anyone really expect us to take 3 points ( I predicted a win cos I need points and I’m an optimist).

Dust off and get set for Sunday, with the might of the crown behind the team.

Even if people werent expecting 3 points, I would hope that almost everyone was expecting a better performance than we got.

Obviously we need points, but at least good performances breed some confidence.