IGNORED

El Bilal Toure

10 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

I put no weight in us having made a 40m offer.  Sure that's his release clause, but we'll be coming in much lower than that.  

I would like to think that that would be the case. I have also read that our offer was for the full amount paid in 3-4 stages, this however would not trigger his release clause as the amount would have to be paid in full for that to happen. Like any signing it’s a gamble and with the way our current finances are €40m seems far to much of a gamble for a young prospect.  

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Looks fast, powerful, a bit raw. Pretty much like a young Lukaku. By all accounts he has a high work rate which would be something that ticks a big box as we seen with dcl when he came back in. 

If he’s anything like Lukaku Haf he’s toast before he starts 😂😉

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would like to think that that would be the case. I have also read that our offer was for the full amount paid in 3-4 stages, this however would not trigger his release clause as the amount would have to be paid in full for that to happen. Like any signing it’s a gamble and with the way our current finances are €40m seems far to much of a gamble for a young prospect.  

You know, I'm still OK with taking some risk. For sure, we've taken the risk on too many players in the past that were a huge disappointment, but, as they say, no risk no reward. What matters are two things: learning the lessons of why previous risk-taking failed and doing all the right due diligence. If we were sure someone would be a success, their asking price would be double what it is. What's the alternative: chasing average players?

Doubt any of us on here have watched hiim play full matches for Almeria and so we're relying on youtube clips etc (happy to be corrected on that and would love to know what people think who've watched him closely).  Someone above said it and I agree, RAW, is the key word.  Does seem to have the strength and power.  Has some football skills too, but does not to me look anywhere near Premier League ready.  Touch is loose, passes are mist hit, makes odd choices.  Could he get to where we'd need? Yeah, maybe.  Can we spend most of our transfer budget and rely on him to be No. 1 in place of Dom, not a chance. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

You know, I'm still OK with taking some risk. For sure, we've taken the risk on too many players in the past that were a huge disappointment, but, as they say, no risk no reward. What matters are two things: learning the lessons of why previous risk-taking failed and doing all the right due diligence. If we were sure someone would be a success, their asking price would be double what it is. What's the alternative: chasing average players?

I agree with you on no risk no gain principles. Yet I don’t see him as an above average but no one is paying me for my input or scouting abilities or lack of. I think we are team made up of 3-4 average players 1 world class and the rest below average to poor. The likes of Brentford, Villa, Palace, Fulham ect are made up mostly average with a view below average players yet still left us mile’s behind in performances and league position, I think I would rather for the money they want for him get 2 average players to replace a couple of our poor players that have PL experience than throw the bank book at a very young as yet unproven talent.  

I have watched back a dozen of the highlights of the games he played in for Almeria last season and you barely see him.

In one game he scores a header but it comes off his shoulder and goes in the other corner, albeit after some really sharp movement.

Another he scores a tap in as the defender heads it past the onrushing keeper but at the other end he is out late from a corner playing everyone onside.

His genuine defensive effort in one video looked pretty apathetic.

The best of footage about him that I could find comes in their game against Barcelona where he lays off a long ball and spins in behind using his pace before applying a powerful finish high into the goal. He also showed a bit of aptitude for defending in the sense that he showed it isn't an alien concept to him as it is to some attackers.

All in all, you would really expect to see a lot more involvement in the game for a guy valued at £40m. He has no involvement in any of the other goals I saw them score which I found really unusual.

Slightly in his defence, the team he plays for are absolutely garbage and they did well to not get relegated. I would back them to struggle in the Championship.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m glad the deal for a striker we’ve been working on is for someone with potential like this and not utter garbage like Iheanacho.

Just hope we get the price right and don’t go throwing millions at a someone who is relatively green and inexperienced, but he’s definitely worth a shot at the right price. 

I can't say I know a great deal about him, but must be highly rated at the fees being discussed.

All for buying quality young players, especially when we have already signed Danjuma for the season. Means that there is not too much pressure on young players coming to a new league. These types should always be considered as a plan B ( impact subs, cover injury/suspensions, cup games), in the hope they develop in to Plan A players.  

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I can't say I know a great deal about him, but must be highly rated at the fees being discussed.

All for buying quality young players, especially when we have already signed Danjuma for the season. Means that there is not too much pressure on young players coming to a new league. These types should always be considered as a plan B ( impact subs, cover injury/suspensions, cup games), in the hope they develop in to Plan A players.  

Toure has a very high opinion of himself which is good thing you want players who believe in themselves and are full of confidence. He has a few decent clubs showing interest in him which is also a good thing. Considering these points I don’t see a player who will be signing for anyone to become a plan B bit part player.