IGNORED

El Bilal Toure

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Atalanta are losing their striker to Man utd so I'm sure they will get this fella as the replacement.

I’ve just read an article that he is close to agreeing terms with Atalanta and should be revealed as a new signing very soon. Shame if it does happen we are desperate for striker.  

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It is what it is. We agreed a deal with his club and he’s chosen to go elsewhere and now we move on to a different target.

Hopefully we have a list of players in the same profile - Toure is supposedly very similar to Calvert-Lewin - exactly what we need…

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Which is gonna be Iheanacho

Iheanacho does not fit this profile!

I’m not opposed to signing him in addition to another who must be a target man like DCL.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Hopefully we have a list of players in the same profile - Toure is supposedly very similar to Calvert-Lewin - exactly what we need…

I know we're not known for doing anything right in recent times but I do really believe we'll have other irons in the fire for a striker because we'll have known there was a good chance we wouldn't get our number 1 target in Toure.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think the problem with Fab now is that he's become a bit infatuated with the attention he gets and being the go to man for transfer news, so now he jumps the gun a bit in his need to be first.

He gets plenty wrong now because of this and is why I no longer get alerts when he tweets.

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Hopefully United pull out of the hoijgard deal or drag it.   

Man U seem to be getting deals done pretty quickly - unless something changes with Oshmein or Kane, I think the lad from Atalanta will be their main striking target and they’ll get it done quite quickly.

We are shopping in the right sort of window. If players chose elsewhere over us, then so be it. We can't be paying over the odds on wages on players that are still really only prospects. 

On the back of two relegation fights and boardroom turmoil, we are currently seen as a dynamic improving club. What the club needs to be focusing on is changing the perception of Everton FC to up and coming players.

Plenty of fish in the seas as they say. (well up until the end of August!)

51 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Players go where they are told these days, not where they want. Money money money. If we are offering more money, he’s coming the Merseyside. 

Sometimes yes. Sometimes the player has more braincells than the number on his shirt and realises going to north west England, to a club that's a complete shitshow and now relegation fighting regulars or playing and living in Italy with European football on offer... It's not always about the money, sometimes its down to the fact we're shite and make worse teams than us look better than us. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Players go where they are told these days, not where they want. Money money money. If we are offering more money, he’s coming the Merseyside. 

I think you may be confusing now with the 80s and 90s. Players go where the player wants to go. They don’t go where the club tell them to go unless they want to. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I think you may be confusing now with the 80s and 90s. Players go where the player wants to go. They don’t go where the club tell them to go unless they want to. 

Depends on how savvy they are, sometimes the agents can persuade them surely.