IGNORED

Where do you think we will finish this season?

Isaiah

Where do you think we will finish this season?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish come May 28th?

• Champions League places (aka the "I've been drinking tonight" option)
    • Europe League places
    • Between Europa and 10th
    • Between 11th and 14th
    • Between 15th and 17th
    • Relegation
  2. 2. Where do you think we will finish this season (post window closure)?

• Champions League places (aka the "I've been drinking tonight" option)
    • Europe League places
    • Between Europa and 10th
    • Between 11th and 14th
    • Between 15th and 17th
    • Relegation

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I don't know if this is very, very sarcastic, or your very, very high.🤔

Haha no I honestly believe that as a club we will target Europe. Not just as an optimistic target, but I think the club will believe they can teach that target.

I mean…. Why not haha?

A little from column a and a little from column b, I see.

If we can get a striker in, and keep key players (DCL) fit, and in form I can maybe see us top 10, just

City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arse, Chelsea, Utd, West Ham all have stronger squads,

Brighton, Barcodes, Wolves, all look strong but catchable.

So maybe be in amongst that group if we do what we need to do in the market and keep key players fit.

On 09/08/2022 at 10:34, RuffRob said:

Agreed, I think most fans realise we are rebuilding from a pretty low baseline, so will be willing to give time to see improvement.

Just need to cast an eye toward Arsenal and the time Arteta has been allowed to build something there.

We can't shit the bed when we have a run of bad results, which we will have, and could easily be this side of Xmas. Putting a new squad together does not happen overnight.

When Arteta started at Arsenal you could see a lot of what he was trying to achieve even if it didnt come off all the time. The training ground work was clear even if the results weren't. 

I think the same will also happen with Ten Haag. I only saw a little bit of the Utd game but I have kept an eye on Ten Haag for a while and the longer he stays at United, the more you will see his style of play come through.

We are clearly a much bigger job than either of those two sides seeing as we have got it so wrong, so many times in our recent past. We haven't seen that same stamp on the team from Lampard yet but there are a lot of reasons for that. I am hoping that we do start seeing some clear patterns of play, especially going forward because at the moment in feels a bit hit and hope. 

Whilst we were comfortable for a lot of the Chelsea game, in the build up to the penalty we were all over the place. I think there is still a hell of a lot left to prove but I hope they do!

Bar Mykolenko and maybe more due to injuries than desire we should if we play a back 4 or 5 see 3 changes in defence, which was very much required as I feel our defending last season was our biggest problem. If we don’t have good defensive spell in the next few games then I’m concerned we will be in more trouble than we may think this season, I think we will be pinning a lot of hopes on Mykolenko Tarkowski Coady Holgate and Patterson shoring up the back line and keeping clean sheets. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 18:07, Palfy said:

Bar Mykolenko and maybe more due to injuries than desire we should if we play a back 4 or 5 see 3 changes in defence, which was very much required as I feel our defending last season was our biggest problem. If we don’t have good defensive spell in the next few games then I’m concerned we will be in more trouble than we may think this season, I think we will be pinning a lot of hopes on Mykolenko Tarkowski Coady Holgate and Patterson shoring up the back line and keeping clean sheets. 

It's why we need a Gana to shield the back four. Also I would prefer a 433. Presume he doesn't trust the back four though.It's going to be another big struggle this season and I mainly blame the board.

On 10/08/2022 at 17:43, Bailey said:

When Arteta started at Arsenal you could see a lot of what he was trying to achieve even if it didnt come off all the time. The training ground work was clear even if the results weren't. 

I think the same will also happen with Ten Haag. I only saw a little bit of the Utd game but I have kept an eye on Ten Haag for a while and the longer he stays at United, the more you will see his style of play come through.

We are clearly a much bigger job than either of those two sides seeing as we have got it so wrong, so many times in our recent past. We haven't seen that same stamp on the team from Lampard yet but there are a lot of reasons for that. I am hoping that we do start seeing some clear patterns of play, especially going forward because at the moment in feels a bit hit and hope. 

Whilst we were comfortable for a lot of the Chelsea game, in the build up to the penalty we were all over the place. I think there is still a hell of a lot left to prove but I hope they do!

I agree and I think he would like to play a 433 high press like we saw in his early days but he changed when we got smashed a few times away especially away at Spurs and Palace. Now we are too defensive maybe be cause h doesn't trust the midfield to shield in a 433. He needs to find a balance I think we need to give him time and backing and remember this team was a mess when he walked in.

523 is clearly the formation he’s going with this season. 
The back line of Mykolenko Tarkowski Coady Holgate Patterson has played a few games together now. The more they play together the more consistent we will be. Last season we never knew who would play. Those five, Pickford and Iwobi are probably all pretty safe starters at the moment, with any other four from the squad. 

11 hours ago, RPG said:

West Ham and Wolves are struggling like we are but I can see Leicester and Man U finishing well above the relegation spots. If we don't get ourselves sorted very soon then the damage will already have been done and it will be yet another season to survive (if we can) and write off.

West Ham did everything but win against Forest. I don't think they will have a long-term problem and we know from Moyes' teams of the past that they will get rolling eventually.

Wolves looked really good against Spurs but they also lack a goal scorer. I think Collins is a weak link as he showed again at the weekend but they will pick up points based on that performance. You could see them picking us apart.

I have seen bits of United, the first time I thought they showed promise then they looked awful against Brentford. Not sure how that will go. I haven't seen Leicester yet but as long as they don't lose any more players they should be able to cope. I am surprised they haven't signed anyone of note yet as they need more depth.

I even thought the second half from Bournemouth gave Arsenal some problems. A bit like Forest though, they look soft at the back.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

West Ham did everything but win against Forest. I don't think they will have a long-term problem and we know from Moyes' teams of the past that they will get rolling eventually.

Wolves looked really good against Spurs but they also lack a goal scorer. I think Collins is a weak link as he showed again at the weekend but they will pick up points based on that performance. You could see them picking us apart.

I have seen bits of United, the first time I thought they showed promise then they looked awful against Brentford. Not sure how that will go. I haven't seen Leicester yet but as long as they don't lose any more players they should be able to cope. I am surprised they haven't signed anyone of note yet as they need more depth.

I even thought the second half from Bournemouth gave Arsenal some problems. A bit like Forest though, they look soft at the back.

Rumour is Leicester haven't signed anyone and have clubs circling for their players is because they're fucked by FFP too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2022 at 15:48, Romey 1878 said:

Rumour is Leicester haven't signed anyone and have clubs circling for their players is because they're fucked by FFP too.

On 22/08/2022 at 16:02, Matt said:

Don't see the media all over them though do we :rolleyes:

I think there are many FFP rules that can be breached?  Leicester are mentioned in this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62771118