IGNORED

Where do you think we will finish this season?

Isaiah

Where do you think we will finish this season?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish come May 28th?

• Champions League places (aka the "I've been drinking tonight" option)
    • Europe League places
    • Between Europa and 10th
    • Between 11th and 14th
    • Between 15th and 17th
    • Relegation
  2. 2. Where do you think we will finish this season (post window closure)?

• Champions League places (aka the "I've been drinking tonight" option)
    • Europe League places
    • Between Europa and 10th
    • Between 11th and 14th
    • Between 15th and 17th
    • Relegation

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Where do we put comments about other matches in the prem?

e.g. so pleased villa getting beat. That's one team I want to do so bad...wonder why 😂

You can also make a thread if you want to talk about something specific. But make it in the general sport section if it’s not about Everton. 

On 06/08/2022 at 16:42, Goodison Glory said:

Where do we put comments about other matches in the prem?

e.g. so pleased villa getting beat. That's one team I want to do so bad...wonder why 😂

Newcastle I dislike now and its weird because in the Keegan and Robson days I wanted them to do well. But some of their fans are weirdly obsessed and bitter about us so I hope they fail with their blood money.

I think we should be finishing about the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest, Southampton and Leeds as a minimum.

I would like to think this young and new look team will be competing with the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Palace, Brighton  and if we get lucky with injuries etc at best possibly competing with Villa, Newcastle and West Ham as best of the rest this season. 

I think Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Man U are pretty much nailed on for the top six positions this season - may be a rebuilding Man U might have a wobble.

This seasons recruitment does give me hope that more players with the right attitude and battle will be taking to the pitch. It will take time for it all to come together and partnership to develop though. It's going to take a few months for the squad to bed in for sure - so almost going to be about snatching as many points as we can before November break.

It is interesting that nobody has voted for 15th to 17th place. 

From the non bias outside world which takes our love of the club out of the predications - all the bookies have us roughly at 15th place and the so called 'super computer' has us finishing in 16th place. 

11 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It is interesting that nobody has voted for 15th to 17th place. 

From the non bias outside world which takes our love of the club out of the predications - all the bookies have us roughly at 15th place and the so called 'super computer' has us finishing in 16th place. 

It's because of how bad last season is and most other fans and the media are Lamps sceptics. But if we can improve on last season even with some draws we will do better than that. Granted losing Dom in the short term is a blow but the squad looks more solid if we can add some more creativity /fire power I fancy we will be lower midtable

I optimistically put 11-14. It's difficult to guage with Richarlison leaving, however we've added quality in defence and midfield. I think 11-14th is achievable if we can sign a forward who is going to get us 10+ goals this season. If not, I fear where we might end up.

6 hours ago, Billwelshblue said:

It's because of how bad last season is and most other fans and the media are Lamps sceptics. But if we can improve on last season even with some draws we will do better than that. Granted losing Dom in the short term is a blow but the squad looks more solid if we can add some more creativity /fire power I fancy we will be lower midtable

I think you are right about everybody being Lampard sceptics - Lampard is also the bookie fav for first Prem manager to leave his post!!! WTF.

Club are backing him this window, he is bringing the right caliber players and players seem to want to come and work with him, the fans are on his side and I think we will have patience with him and this new squad start to work with each other, it also seem to me Frank has already developed a love for the club.  

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I think you are right about everybody being Lampard sceptics - Lampard is also the bookie fav for first Prem manager to leave his post!!! WTF.

Club are backing him this window, he is bringing the right caliber players and players seem to want to come and work with him, the fans are on his side and I think we will have patience with him and this new squad start to work with each other, it also seem to me Frank has already developed a love for the club.  

If we were to change manager this season we'd lose his excellent backroom staff too. I think I really would give up with the club. 

49 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

If we were to change manager this season we'd lose his excellent backroom staff too. I think I really would give up with the club. 

Agreed, I think most fans realise we are rebuilding from a pretty low baseline, so will be willing to give time to see improvement.

Just need to cast an eye toward Arsenal and the time Arteta has been allowed to build something there.

We can't shit the bed when we have a run of bad results, which we will have, and could easily be this side of Xmas. Putting a new squad together does not happen overnight.

Another key point is that this is effectively Frank's start, and that it will take time for the players and staff to adjust etc. Last season cannot be factored into him building anything, it was plugging holes. Now the boat isn't in danger of sinking, the work on it can start. Mid table should be reasonable but I still believe we have the quality in the squad to be top 8 before the window. 

last year how many time did we find ourselves a goal or two down? and most of the time because of something stupid rather than the other team playing really well. The first priority is not to give teams a head start in games.  You have to say our recruitment so far should go along way in sorting this out.

As dull as it might be to start with, this season I will take plenty of 0-0 and 1-0 wins and a solid base to build off - especially away.