Jump to content

West Ham (Home) 18th Sept


Wiggytop
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve just heard on local radio, Sunday’s game is on with a slightly later kick off, below copied from club website.
 

 

Everton Football Club is deeply saddened at the passing of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.

Queen Elizabeth II was the longest-serving monarch in British history and, in her honour, flags at both Goodison Park and Walton Hall Park are being flown at half-mast. 

After the postponement of football matches across the UK at the weekend, the Premier League and Football Association confirmed on Monday that fixtures - including Everton men's clash at home to West Ham United and the Women's away trip against the Hammers on Sunday - will resume this weekend.

The match for Frank Lampard's Blues at Goodison will now kick off at 2.15pm (GMT) rather than the previous time of 2pm and will be screened live on Sky Sports.

A Premier League statement read: "Premier League fixtures will resume this weekend after a pause to the season as a mark of respect following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Wiggytop changed the title to West Ham ( Home) 18th Sept
  • Romey 1878 changed the title to West Ham (Home) 18th Sept

3 points.

I think put them away, West Ham have started the season poorly especially considering how good they were last season.

They are 4th from bottom for shots per game which is reflected in them only scoring 3 goals so far this season.  That said we've only scored 4 but have had a lot more chances than they have.

The extra week of preparation has probably been good for us, whilst Pickford is still out it has given Calvert-Lewin an extra week following his return to full training.  Given his recent injury issues I'd be inclined to start him on the bench giving Maupay a second start after a decent first game and bring DCL on in the second half.

                   Begovic

Patterson      Coady   Tarkowski     Mykolenko

                         Gana

                 Iwobi          Onana

McNeil             Maupay        Gordon

Great to have some options available now with Gray and DCL both very capable of winning a game for us.

I'm going for 2-0 win, Gordon and DCL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

3 points.

I think put them away, West Ham have started the season poorly especially considering how good they were last season.

They are 4th from bottom for shots per game which is reflected in them only scoring 3 goals so far this season.  That said we've only scored 4 but have had a lot more chances than they have.

The extra week of preparation has probably been good for us, whilst Pickford is still out it has given Calvert-Lewin an extra week following his return to full training.  Given his recent injury issues I'd be inclined to start him on the bench giving Maupay a second start after a decent first game and bring DCL on in the second half.

                   Begovic

Patterson      Coady   Tarkowski     Mykolenko

                         Gana

                 Iwobi          Onana

McNeil             Maupay        Gordon

Great to have some options available now with Gray and DCL both very capable of winning a game for us.

I'm going for 2-0 win, Gordon and DCL.

Gray looked good against liverpool so the only change to your line up i would make is him for McNiel.

We take our chances and we win this game. Optimistic for consecutive clean sheets here and a more clinical display in the final third. 2-0 to us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West Ham are one of only 3 teams to have had less possession so far this season so I'd really like to see us dominate the game with Iwobi and Onana looking to take control of things in the middle and feeding the attackers as much as possible with plenty of assistance from the wing backs.

In fairness to their poor form they did give Chelsea a very tough game, despite only having 31% possession they only lost 2-1 conceding on 88 minutes and having what i've heard was a very legitimate goal overturned.  We will need to work hard to create chances against them and I'm hoping we start to see the way we want to be playing and creating chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading some of the comments on social media I’m actually dreading this game just because of the minutes silence 

For me it’s simple if you don’t agree with it stay down in the concourse and have another pint or just keep your mouth shut for 60 seconds but to boo it is disgusting

You don’t have to be a Royalist or a Tory to show some respect , you just have to be a decent human being

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was told by a friend who’s season ticket holder and goes to most home games, that the minutes silence was being respected until near the end 1 or 2 pricks started shouting, and that any booing was aimed at the dick heads who started the shouting, he never heard one red in his vicinity who wasn’t pissed off by the pricks who yelled out. I will go along with that because I believe 99.9% of scousers are decent people whether blue red or indifferent to football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was told by a friend who’s season ticket holder and goes to most home games, that the minutes silence was being respected until near the end 1 or 2 pricks started shouting, and that any booing was aimed at the dick heads who started the shouting, he never heard one red in his vicinity who wasn’t pissed off by the pricks who yelled out. I will go along with that because I believe 99.9% of scousers are decent people whether blue red or indifferent to football. 

It was thirty seconds and the shouting started at second one, probably a lot of what followed was people try to silence it but it was there and certainly not respected for any time at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone booing the silence on Sunday is a bit of a cunt IMO. You can be pro or against the Royalty without making a scene about someone's passing being observed, it's a basic human right to surely have respect when a life is being remembered and/or celebrated. 

It's not like we've been planning a silence to show our respect to Hitler, although some on social media would have you believe that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Anyone booing the silence on Sunday is a bit of a cunt IMO. You can be pro or against the Royalty without making a scene about someone's passing being observed, it's a basic human right to surely have respect when a life is being remembered and/or celebrated. 

It's not like we've been planning a silence to show our respect to Hitler, although some on social media would have you believe that way.

I think the booing was aimed at the 2 cunts that were shouting out and not booing against the minutes silence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was told by a friend who’s season ticket holder and goes to most home games, that the minutes silence was being respected until near the end 1 or 2 pricks started shouting, and that any booing was aimed at the dick heads who started the shouting, he never heard one red in his vicinity who wasn’t pissed off by the pricks who yelled out. I will go along with that because I believe 99.9% of scousers are decent people whether blue red or indifferent to football. 

Anyone who watched it on a foreign channel/stream will know that wasn’t the case at all. As Mike says the booing and shouting was coming from several sections around the ground straight from the offset which is why the Ref cut it short 30 seconds in

It was definitely a minority but there were enough to disgrace the city of Liverpool 

If anyone does that at Goodison I just hope they happen to be in the vicinity of a 6’8’’ Royal Marine who has lost friends in combat so that they can be swiftly re-educated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think the booing was aimed at the 2 cunts that were shouting out and not booing against the minutes silence. 

I think the booing was due to the massive chip that Liverpool fans so proudly carry on their shoulder - I'm sure there would be absolute uproar if the same events had took place at a minute's silence for Hillsborough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Anyone who watched it on a foreign channel/stream will know that wasn’t the case at all. As Mike says the booing and shouting was coming from several sections around the ground straight from the offset which is why the Ref cut it short 30 seconds in

It was definitely a minority but there were enough to disgrace the city of Liverpool 

If anyone does that at Goodison I just hope they happen to be in the vicinity of a 6’8’’ Royal Marine who has lost friends in combat so that they can be swiftly re-educated 

Sadly a small minority and in this case a very small minority will always let the majority of decent people down. Instead of a 6”8” Royal Marine some strategically placed snipers with high velocity rifles would do a better job of making sure people respect the sentiment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see this being a tight game. Whilst West Ham are statistically worse than us in the quality of the chances they have created, they are statistically better than us defensively. 

Both teams are at their best playing deeper and on the counter attack and I can see a lot of cancelling out. If one team gets an early goal it is going to be a big advantage to that team as it will make it easier for them to play how they want. 

I also think both teams are starting to improve and get their act together. It will be an interesting game to gauge where we are as a team. Its a game that we need to be winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Everton have won more Premier League games (27) and scored more Premier League goals (88) against West Ham than they have against any other opponent. However, they’ve lost three of their past four against the Hammers.

  • Everton are winless in the Premier League so far this season – only three times in their top-flight history have they failed to win any of their first seven games of a league campaign, doing so in 1926-27, 1956-57 and 1994-95.

  • West Ham United have lost seven of their past nine Premier League away games (W2). Overall in 2022 they’ve lost eight on the road (W3 D1), with only Everton losing more away games so far this calendar year.

  • No side has scored fewer Premier League goals than West Ham this season (3), with the Hammers the only side yet to score before half-time in the competition this term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First goal is crucial in this one as others have mentioned above. I’m looking to see us dominant the game a bit more and continue to show progression towards Lampards style of play. Another performance like the liverpool one and we get 3 points here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Maupay's had some neat touches

Yeah he's done well, there's been lots of mice movement and touches and change of pace (we look much better when we're darting forward quickly than passing it about), but absolutely nothing in terms of proper threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

Think we showed some good bits and have looked comfortable. Still lacking any real threat in the final third. Hoping Gordon gets more involved second half.

Agree with this. Some nice approach play but it then fizzles out. If we can keep getting Iwobi and Onana on the ball in the middle and moving it around quickly, I think better chances will come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...