IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It feels like every manager, ever, is said to have his favourites and is stubborn... almost like they're perfectly normal traits for a manager to have.

I think it's a normal thing for anyone to have certain players that they feel they can rely on and will put more trust into picking them. I think it's just a human thing tbh.

When Michael Keane is a favourite then it’s a big red flag for me 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mate, I questioned the appointment of Dyche right from the off so I don't feel like I have to 'defend' him or anything. I just think the criticism of favourites and stubbornness is something that's gets thrown at every manager at some point because they're natural traits for anyone to have. I'm sure you have people in your life that you trust over others and will turn to them when you're in need. I know I do.

I think the word “trust” is the key here. He’s worked with Keane & knows his game inside out - if Keane removed the errors from his game, there’s a quality defender there & I actually have no issue with Dyche reverting to Keane at the start given the only other option was young man with no experience at this level. Unfortunately it didn’t work and he brought Branthwaite in. By no means do I think Keane is a favourite of Dyche - just Dyche is probably a bit disappointed not to see Keane he knows he can be at or should be at.

Had he started branthwaite & he made errors in the first or second game fans would have critical of him for throwing him in too early. I think he took the best option in all honesty.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

I think the word “trust” is the key here. He’s worked with Keane & knows his game inside out - if Keane removed the errors from his game, there’s a quality defender there & I actually have no issue with Dyche reverting to Keane at the start given the only other option was young man with no experience at this level. Unfortunately it didn’t work and he brought Branthwaite in. By no means do I think Keane is a favourite of Dyche - just Dyche is probably a bit disappointed not to see Keane he knows he can be at or should be at.

Had he started branthwaite & he made errors in the first or second game fans would have critical of him for throwing him in too early. I think he took the best option in all honesty.

This!!

If the favouritism for Keane was really as bad as some say then Branthwaite wouldn’t have been given the chance. I think he’s handled that quite well. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

This!!

If the favouritism for Keane was really as bad as some say then Branthwaite wouldn’t have been given the chance. I think he’s handled that quite well. 

Exactly mate. I actually think it’s good management, Branthwaite is clearly the future but doesn’t mean an instant success.

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Let’s get real here…. Dyche dropped Coady for a couple of mistakes, but kept Keane in after several howlers. Left Mina on the bench….

it seems he only makes the changes when the fans are at boiling point. 

I thought Mina played whenever he was fit, it's just that he was rarely fit.

Coady’s issue wasn’t his mistakes, it was that when he wasn’t making mistakes we all noticed that he was a really really average player on his best days. When he was in the team people were non stop grumbling.

But then like true Evertonians we all got on the managers back when he dropped him. That’s what we do.

And before anyone tells me about win stats ect…. I don’t care, he was average. But he was a great voice on the changing room apparently. Not that it helped us in anyway whatsoever.

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Coady’s issue wasn’t his mistakes, it was that when he wasn’t making mistakes we all noticed that he was a really really average player on his best days. When he was in the team people were non stop grumbling.

But then like true Evertonians we all got on the managers back when he dropped him. That’s what we do.

And before anyone tells me about win stats ect…. I don’t care, he was average. But he was a great voice on the changing room apparently. Not that it helped us in anyway whatsoever.

Stats only seem to matter when they back up your argument, but you don’t give any value to them when they don’t align with your argument. Ffs know wonder your never wrong 😂

9 hours ago, StevO said:

This!!

Even a thick Cunt realises his mistake at some point, no credit for Dyche for dropping Keane for Branthwaite even Shukes could have worked that out for himself before Dyche did 😂

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Stats only seem to matter when they back up your argument, but you don’t give any value to them when they don’t align with your argument. Ffs know wonder your never wrong 😂

I appreciate that mate thank you.

It’s factually incorrect though…. I’m not always right. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Mina has never been fit for weeks is what I meant :lol:

Edit: Also, Dyche is absolutely spot on. 

I personally see Dyche getting the push sometime in November, he has only won 5 games in 22 with 10 losses and 7 draws that is not good enough by any benchmark you want to set. Our starting 11 on paper when all fit looks stronger than last season thanks in the main to the signing of Beto and the return of Branthwaite, and hopefully Harrison will help improve that further. Dyche rightly complained about how threadbare the team was last season and rightly so, yet he has over seen a transfer window that has made the squad smaller and weaker, where he will have very poor options to change things in game time from the bench. What I believe will cost him his job is injuries just 2-3 will decimate our starting 11 so he will be praying he can get to January unscathed, but us being Everton and the way Dyche expects his players to play to put their bodies on the line and run none stop in both directions which I have no problem with by the way, you will inevitably get players who break down with injuries or need a rest due to the intensity and longer minutes in games, but he hasn’t got a squad anywhere big enough or good enough in personnel to cope with injuries or players that need resting. And these are the reasons I think he will be gone before the end of November, and before the usual union of shout anything down that doesn’t make Everton look like the best team in Europe, this isn’t a call for his head but not ruling that out if results don’t change in 4-5 games time, this is more how I think things have a very good chance of playing out because our squad is too small and too weak. 

I think that goes without saying that we don’t want to be going through the management merry go round, that was also said about our last 2 managers who in the end were sacked to apparently stave off relegation, do we believe that if we hadn’t sacked Rafa and Lampard we would still be in the PL, and are we now saying know matter our position this season we stick with Dyche till the end throwing caution to the wind even if that means relegation just so we don’t go through the merry go round again. I don’t think any responsible owners would gamble with relegation by not changing the manager, unfortunately we see that happening 4-5 times most seasons. I also think that if you aren’t happy with how things are panning out why wait till the beginning of January when you make your move by placing more pressure on the incoming manager, I would give them 4-5 games before the January transfer window so he can get his feet under the table and find targets he may require for the January window.  Dyche may turn it around he has better first team players in a couple of positions, but can we keep everyone fit and on point if not with our squad we are going to really struggle.  

The bottom line is that, no matter who is the manager, we can't win games without scoring goals, and this is by far the single biggest reason we're in our current predicament. Now we have Beto, and DC-L will be back in action soon, and we have Chermiti, Danjuma, and Harrison, and McNeil will also be back soon, I'm optimistic we're about to turn a corner.

Our biggest problem, even putting aside things like mentality and defensive mistakes has been scoring goals. DCL out for the best part of two seasons and no decent replacement was the reason we lost or drew so many. 
With Beto coming, looking to hit the ground running, and hopefully DCL finally back to fitness (let’s put his facial injury down to bad luck), I’m much more optimistic that we’ll score a lot more goals and give ourselves a chance of winning a few more games - cos if you don’t score you can’t win.

Having said that, I also worry about the effect injuries will have on our squad. We don’t have the depth required for a long PL season. If we can get DCL and Beto scoring goals then that’ll be a start. Hopefully, we’ll somehow manage to scrape through to January where we can maybe look at reinforcements. 

I really do not want to be having a conversation about whether we need to sack another manager come November/Christmas. But ultimately, that’ll be decided by how many goals we score and subsequently how many losses we turn into draws and draws into wins. 

On 05/09/2023 at 21:50, Hafnia said:

Don’t think it’s snobbery at all. Just want to see what his blueprint is, he doesn’t help himself with his favourites and stubbornness 

I think it is. As in, he's seen as too 'inferior' for this club.

Our football is way better under him than it was under Ancelotti. But Ancelotti was a name suited to our museum. So that was OK.

It's the same as whenever Howe was linked to us. 'Pah, he's only managed Bournemouth. Too small for us....'

Replace Bournemouth with Burnley...

Managing us is like been handed a poisonous chalice you know you have to drink from it occasionally, yet doing so is probably going to kill you. So what makes these managers come here the money, the challenge, or nothing else better being offered, but what ever their motives they most surely no from what’s happened to past managers the chance of staying much past a year are very slim.  

39 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I think it is. As in, he's seen as too 'inferior' for this club.

Our football is way better under him than it was under Ancelotti. But Ancelotti was a name suited to our museum. So that was OK.

It's the same as whenever Howe was linked to us. 'Pah, he's only managed Bournemouth. Too small for us....'

Replace Bournemouth with Burnley...

I don’t give a fook where the manager is from. I never have. I care only about what they do with the team. 

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Managing us is like been handed a poisonous chalice you know you have to drink from it occasionally, yet doing so is probably going to kill you. So what makes these managers come here the money, the challenge, or nothing else better being offered, but what ever their motives they most surely no from what’s happened to past managers the chance of staying much past a year are very slim.  

In the past, it seems they were wooed with transfer funds, which was our downfall. In Dyche's case, he wants to prove his worth as a PL manager. He's solid rather than glamorous, which is fine with me. He's also used to operating with a shoestring budget.

I remember watching the interview with him talking about his tactics when he first arrived. He seemed to have a lot more depth than people gave him credit for. 

I still feel he’s got a lot to prove, here at Everton. Im not completely sold on him. He’s got to start winning more games. The positive are that we have been creating chances, so maybe once we get a win or two the floodgates will open and that’ll also have a knock on effect on the mentality of the side. 

But if that doesn’t happen then the inevitable merry-go-round will.