IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

It seems this key element has already been forgotten. Most recognised that it would be a long process to get stable but seems that's been lost to impatience.

I also recognise that Matt but I also recognise that playing players in their best positions is as equally as important, and when the two come together Dyche’s style and better selection then the results improve considerably. I would also say the majority of criticism against the Luton defeat was against his team selection, than more against where the team position in the league was. Any how he now seems to have seen the light when it comes to player selection and positions, and as long as we stay relatively injury free with maybe 1-2 additions in January we should finish in the top half of the table, but we are years away from the top 5 and Dyche may not have the game plan to get us there, but in the meantime he hopefully picks the right team steadies the ship and makes us solid mid table team over the next 2-3 seasons and then we can think about the next step, but if he can’t achieve that and we find ourselves in another relegation battle this season then we will have to seriously evaluate his position. 

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he's worried about having credit with podcasters then he's as big a wet wipe as those podcasters.

I find it all a bit pathetic really. We all sit here and judge the manager and say our bit, call him useless, criticise him, act like we know better and can do a better job, some even put it all over the internet on famous podcasts, and the moment he needles back a bit some get all touchy about it.

If you're gonna throw shit out there, don't react like a little bitch when some of it is returned.

If the “keyboard warriors” grievances were unwarranted then I’d agree.  

the fact is, the keyboard warriors by and large were getting pissed off with dyche in his insistence in picking players out of position.  

winning 3 out of 4 games clearly gets a few people giddy non moreso than Sean.  I suppose if you look at it in isolation then I suppose you can, but when you look at the fact that we beat Brentford, Bournemouth and lost to Luton it clearly says to me “don’t get carried away”. 

im not arsed about what Dyche says, I don’t need to like him. I need to trust that he doesn’t suffer from his ego making selections that our players can’t paper over.  

16 hours ago, Btay said:

I know we stumbled on to the midfield partnership due to an injury but the fact he dropped Onana for being late to training is fantastic. Finally there is a sense of accountability amongst the players here.

Also there has been a huge turn around in results since we’ve had a striker, the performances weren’t bad in that period but it’s hard to judge Dyche on the results given he had Maupay leading the line.

I still think we are going to be in for some pain this year but when you look at the players getting minutes in the squad - Mcneil, Garner, Onana, Myko, Branthwaite & Patterson are all young who “should” improve. 

The midfield partnership was stumbled on vs Villa. He decided to dump it and lost to Luton 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If the “keyboard warriors” grievances were unwarranted then I’d agree.  

the fact is, the keyboard warriors by and large were getting pissed off with dyche in his insistence in picking players out of position.  

winning 3 out of 4 games clearly gets a few people giddy non moreso than Sean.  I suppose if you look at it in isolation then I suppose you can, but when you look at the fact that we beat Brentford, Bournemouth and lost to Luton it clearly says to me “don’t get carried away”. 

im not arsed about what Dyche says, I don’t need to like him. I need to trust that he doesn’t suffer from his ego making selections that our players can’t paper over.  

By and large eh? Or just you and Palfy?

You've still not answered the last time we won 3 of 4 by the way. Its not a matter of getting giddy, although why any Evertonian would begrudge another celebrating success is fucking ridiculous. Regardless, facts still stand that we've won 3 out of 4. League form table were 14th. Both facts point to improvement. 

You very clearly are arsed about what he says because you jump on anything that gives you an angle of "attack". Trouble is, were improving so you've got 0 ammunition at the moment, just frustration and a target. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Or DCL, should've rushed him back so he could be injured for the season too...

Did anyone say play Harrison when unfit or rush dcl back???  Not sure why you are throwing straw men out there. 

I believe the criticism recently was his insistence on playing garner right mid whilst Gana was giving the ball away non stop. 

I also believe many fans are completely frustrated at his insistence of playing his favourites…. Now I understand you like to protect him from undue criticism but unfortunately whilst our points per game at the time “internet warriors” were getting in his back was 0.5 per game.   Internet warriors may raise their concerns when losing at home to a shite side when he sets up the team as though they are playing Man City.

as much as it may dismay you to hear this, the likes of myself doesn’t have a complete downed on Dyche. I was fully supportive of his stance with gray despite many on here thinking gray was a mercenary we needed to indulge. 

3 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

When is the candlelight vigil for the keyboard warriors? Asking for a friend.

By the way, his keyword warriors is a comment aimed at the majority of people on this forum, non match going fans with an opinion.  He just so happened to tailor it to people who disagreed with some of his decisions.  

maybe he’s clever…. “If you wanna criticise me you are a keyboard warrior” …….. oooh Sean I’m right behind you!!!! 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Sean Dyche: “I think the fans have seen signs, and the fans that I speak to, we are not talking about the internet warriors; we are talking about fans who have been here for years."

I think mr dyche needs to put his ego in check.  “Internet warriors”  are made up of fans who are long standing, short standing, match going, tv viewers…… his political game ain’t that smart and he’s alienated a fair few podcasters who took exception to his words. 

Any keyboard warrior that gets offended by being called a keyboard warrior is a total 🔔end no matter what walk of life they are from or how many games they’ve been to 

For me it’s a good sign of how much things are improving on the pitch if this is what your latching on to to moan about 

30 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Any keyboard warrior that gets offended by being called a keyboard warrior is a total 🔔end no matter what walk of life they are from or how many games they’ve been to 

For me it’s a good sign of how much things are improving on the pitch if this is what your latching on to to moan about 

Like I’ve already said, I couldn’t give a fuck if he called us a bunch of bellends.    What I’m concerned about is he thinks he can call out fans who have had legitimate issues in a manner that dismisses the fans issues. 

im sure I’ve said this before but I’m happy to say it again. 

I couldn’t give a shit if he got his nob out and did helicopters after winning as long as I get the feeling he adapts his thinking to ignore his ego. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Like I’ve already said, I couldn’t give a fuck if he called us a bunch of bellends.    What I’m concerned about is he thinks he can call out fans who have had legitimate issues in a manner that dismisses the denying issues. 

im sure I’ve said this before but I’m happy to say it again. 

I couldn’t give a shit if he got his nob out and did helicopters after winning as long as I get the feeling he adapts his thinking to ignore his ego. 

I don’t have you down as a keyboard warrior by the way, expressing an opinion on a forum is totally fine with me. 

To me the keyboard warriors are the tits hurling online abuse directly at the players/manager

He calls people who disagreed with is line up against Luton as keyboard warriors, firstly that is very disrespectful to Evertonian’s who believed he got it wrong, he’s been here 9 months I’ve invested 57 years of my life into this club and believe I have a right to share my opinions. Secondly the following game he implemented what his so called keyboard warriors were advocating for the Luton game, I love to be able to go to a press conferences and bring him to task on the last 3 games.  

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Are you against him dropping a player for disciplinary reasons? 

An interesting question, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Dropping a player should be tone of the last sanctions you employ as a manager. In the vast majority of cases these things should be sorted out during the week, its a key part of managing people.

Dropping a player for anything other than form can hurt the team, and seriously damage the relationship between the player and the manager. 

It also depends on if the squad see it as fair.

Its a hard job. 

25 minutes ago, London Blue said:

An interesting question, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Dropping a player should be tone of the last sanctions you employ as a manager. In the vast majority of cases these things should be sorted out during the week, its a key part of managing people.

Dropping a player for anything other than form can hurt the team, and seriously damage the relationship between the player and the manager. 

It also depends on if the squad see it as fair.

Its a hard job. 

Always welcome.

I’m all for it personally. 1 it sets a standard amongst everyone & 2 it shows no player is bigger than the club.

Onana had probably his best game after it as well, so isn’t that a sign of good managment?

23 minutes ago, Btay said:

Always welcome.

I’m all for it personally. 1 it sets a standard amongst everyone & 2 it shows no player is bigger than the club.

Onana had probably his best game after it as well, so isn’t that a sign of good managment?

No if Onana didn’t play would it have been the same result. 
I agree with London Blue there’s a time to punish players and it shouldn’t be a hour before the game. 
I’ll never forgive Moyes for leaving Royston Drenthe out of the semi final at Wembley against Liverpool instead he played a poor replacement 

23 minutes ago, patto said:

I agree with London Blue there’s a time to punish players and it shouldn’t be a hour before the game. 
I’ll never forgive Moyes for leaving Royston Drenthe out of the semi final at Wembley against Liverpool instead he played a poor replacement 

We can’t be sure of that though mate & how do we know he made the call an hour before the game? He was late to training & disciplined for it - after years of seeing our players take the piss and show fuck all effort I am all for this approach.

1 hour ago, patto said:

The question asked was, in effect, whether it's ever right to drop a player for a disciplinary matter, and it's clear this is a tricky question. On the whole, I agree with it, but maybe with a proviso: If it's not a knockout game, then go for it and discipline the player; if it is a knockout game, play the best team. In other words, do it for a league game but not for a (meaningful) cup game.

On 10/10/2023 at 19:08, Hafnia said:

Sean Dyche: “I think the fans have seen signs, and the fans that I speak to, we are not talking about the internet warriors; we are talking about fans who have been here for years."

I think mr dyche needs to put his ego in check.  “Internet warriors”  are made up of fans who are long standing, short standing, match going, tv viewers…… his political game ain’t that smart and he’s alienated a fair few podcasters who took exception to his words. 

Internet Warrior 😂

I feel sorry for the podcasters who have been offended. Jesus Christ. He’s given them something to talk about. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The question asked was, in effect, whether it's ever right to drop a player for a disciplinary matter, and it's clear this is a tricky question. On the whole, I agree with it, but maybe with a proviso: If it's not a knockout game, then go for it and discipline the player; if it is a knockout game, play the best team. In other words, do it for a league game but not for a (meaningful) cup game.

But even in the example he gave about Moyes & Drenthe - he should be angry at Drenthe for creating that situation, the whole squad would have been pissed off if this guy on loan could do whatever he wanted & still start in that match. It’s really not that simple for managers 

Just to point out to all the people that haven’t quite got it yet.

He didnt change the formation against Bournemouth because of Gana’s injury at all.  
Harrison has been injured. He got fit.

He picked him to start on the right with Garner in the middle and Gana as the anchor. Gana got injured so he simply swapped him for Onana. 🤦‍♂️  

He didn’t change the formation, just swapped out one player. Like for like.

He was picking Garner for the right as he was playing well and effective there. But Harrison WAS injured. If he would have played him there we would have all being going nuts for bringing him back to early.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Are you against him dropping a player for disciplinary reasons? 

But he didn’t drop Onana vs Luton. The disciplinary you are talking about was prior to Bournemouth. 

Onana and Garner were sensational vs Villa. Then on the next game he moved Garner out wide.  

Just to reiterate for all of those people confused…..

vs Villa dyche played the formation and selections fans had been crying out for, up until he changed it back to his favoured formation with 20 minutes remaining we were cruising - then we weren’t. He had Harrison on the wing garner in midfield 2 with Onana.

then against Luton, he reverted back, dropped Harrison, played garner on the right and played that midfield trio that simply don’t work together.  Onana was not dropped.

the selection vs Luton was dyches preference, just like Michael Keane over Mina/Branthwaite was preference, just like Holgate or Godfrey over Mykolenko/patterson was his preference. 

the keyboard warriors he referred to was in retaliation for the criticism he got for his Luton selection. 

for anyone who is arsed enough to know, this is the type of behaviour that got his sacked for Burnley. Jack cork was benched despite being their best player - Jackson bought him in and he was flying. Connor Roberts brought in to play right back who was also key to them getting promoted, McNeil was given more freedom - which we seen in last game. 

he has an issue with ego and stubbornness 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just to reiterate for all of those people confused…..

vs Villa dyche played the formation and selections fans had been crying out for, up until he changed it back to his favoured formation with 20 minutes remaining we were cruising - then we weren’t. He had Harrison on the wing garner in midfield 2 with Onana.

then against Luton, he reverted back, dropped Harrison, played garner on the right and played that midfield trio that simply don’t work together.  Onana was not dropped.

the selection vs Luton was dyches preference, just like Michael Keane over Mina/Branthwaite was preference, just like Holgate or Godfrey over Mykolenko/patterson was his preference. 

the keyboard warriors he referred to was in retaliation for the criticism he got for his Luton selection. 

for anyone who is arsed enough to know, this is the type of behaviour that got his sacked for Burnley. Jack cork was benched despite being their best player - Jackson bought him in and he was flying. Connor Roberts brought in to play right back who was also key to them getting promoted, McNeil was given more freedom - which we seen in last game. 

he has an issue with ego and stubbornness 

Oh the irony :lol:

When was the last time we won 3 of 4? Still waiting for that answer from anyone who's still complaining about 1 player being moved slightly out to the side as the root of all our problems...

12 hours ago, Btay said:

Always welcome.

I agree it's a useful tool to be able to leave a player out due to attitude, like not playing the team game, tracking back etc. Or not doing whats been asked of them. Dropping due to to poor form is normal and gives a player a moment of pause a chance to assess and re-focus. 

But dropping a player for being late to training is something that should be sorted out during the week. Dropping  a player for discipline reasons should be for more serious reasons imo.

Just now, London Blue said:

I agree it's a useful tool to be able to leave a player out due to attitude, like not playing the team game, tracking back etc. Or not doing whats been asked of them. Dropping due to to poor form is normal and gives a player a moment of pause a chance to assess and re-focus. 

But dropping a player for being late to training is something that should be sorted out during the week. Dropping  a player for discipline reasons should be for more serious reasons imo.

Discipline starts with the basics. If you can't turn up on time, why should you be trusted with the ball?