IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Dyche needs to explain why he picked Maupay over Simms, from the outside looking in that was a really poor management decision, unless Simms wasn’t fully match fit of course, but I would love to hear his thinking for that decision. 

I thought Maupay did some good things and should have scored, along with some crap stuff too.

Im not sure Simms would have done any better and he didn't exactly do much from the bench either, albeit I wouldn't judge him too harshly on that given the circumstances.

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

There’s been plenty of times he should have scored problem being he’s shit Bailey even if he has made your motm😘

There aren't plenty. Its a handful at best because he hasnt had lots of chances. His involvement in the build up to that chance was actually really good.

Simms should have scored in the last game too under far less pressure and he didnt even hit the target so again I dont see a huge different between the pair of them.

There are bigger issues with the way the team was set up than the selection of certain players IMO.

23 hours ago, Palfy said:

Dyche needs to explain why he picked Maupay over Simms, from the outside looking in that was a really poor management decision, unless Simms wasn’t fully match fit of course, but I would love to hear his thinking for that decision. 

I agree. I think (without any evidence) that he was sending Simms a message after seeing his lack of work rate vs Man Utd.....and it has backfired...maupay has sent him a message "I'm never gonna score again"

21 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's fucked us over the past two games with the way he's set us up and has been a large reason why we've been dry bummed in both of them.

100%.
we were our most consistent with gray up front. Yes doucs is out but suck it up and replace him like for like (as best you can) don't screw with the whole team. 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

100%.
we were our most consistent with gray up front. Yes doucs is out but suck it up and replace him like for like (as best you can) don't screw with the whole team. 

Though I agree, we don’t have a like for like. Doucoure was playing more like a second striker with Gray leading the line. We don’t really have anyone with his running ability in the team. So the choice was either throw in a forward or throw in a midfielder. Our back ups in both aren’t good enough. The choice to throw in a forward and sort of have Gray playing in Doucoure’s role was the closest to a sensible idea, it just didn’t work. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Though I agree, we don’t have a like for like. Doucoure was playing more like a second striker with Gray leading the line. We don’t really have anyone with his running ability in the team. So the choice was either throw in a forward or throw in a midfielder. Our back ups in both aren’t good enough. The choice to throw in a forward and sort of have Gray playing in Doucoure’s role was the closest to a sensible idea, it just didn’t work. 

And he changed it early in the game and we got back into it pretty quickly.

What came after the changes was the bigger issue.

Our team accepted Ganas bookinmg without a whimper - that booking led to Tom Davies needing to be played.  He was diabolical - Dyche stood in his tech area with woan and stone seemingly taking an age to realise that Maupay needed to come off before the end of first half.

23 hours ago, Bailey said:

And he changed it early in the game and we got back into it pretty quickly.

What came after the changes was the bigger issue.

Yes Maupay squandering clear opportunities, that’s one if not the biggest issue I saw on the day. I know the defending was poor but if Maupay puts away a couple of his chances it puts a different complexion on the game and takes some of the pressure off the defence. 
Plus we have no one close enough to cover for Doucoure he sets the example in midfield, when it comes to work rate. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Yes Maupay squandering clear opportunities, that’s one if not the biggest issue I saw on the day. I know the defending was poor but if Maupay puts away a couple of his chances it puts a different complexion on the game and takes some of the pressure off the defence. 
Plus we have no one close enough to cover for Doucoure he sets the example in midfield, when it comes to work rate. 

I agree we need to capitalise on these chances when we are on top in a game. The problem is, what other chances did we create? The Maupay header was offside, McNeil's goal was a brilliant bit of play by him, but how many other chances did we create bar the one Maupay missed? 

Players of all levels miss those chances. Bottom line is we need to create more when we are doing well in games (and when we arent). 

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree we need to capitalise on these chances when we are on top in a game. The problem is, what other chances did we create? The Maupay header was offside, McNeil's goal was a brilliant bit of play by him, but how many other chances did we create bar the one Maupay missed? 

Players of all levels miss those chances. Bottom line is we need to create more when we are doing well in games (and when we arent). 

If you look at the Fulham game we created pretty much the same amount of chances as them with both teams having 7 attempts on target, then difference ends because of finishing. That’s pretty much same as most of our games this season plenty of chances created not enough converted due to players of poor ability like Maupay, who as a striker is pretty pathetic involved in 22 games with one goal to his name. I’ve seen nothing from him to convince me that he is anything but shite in every department of his game. 

I agree about Doucoure and his irreplacable (ironically) all-around work-rate but especially on high-pitch pressing; however I am still having trouble to understand why attacking press is not a thing for the last 2 weeks. I don't wanna think the attacking press is only counting on Doucoure's presence on the field, fingers crossed.

I like how Dyche boosted the team in general tho, since he is appointed.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

If you look at the Fulham game we created pretty much the same amount of chances as them with both teams having 7 attempts on target, then difference ends because of finishing. That’s pretty much same as most of our games this season plenty of chances created not enough converted due to players of poor ability like Maupay, who as a striker is pretty pathetic involved in 22 games with one goal to his name. I’ve seen nothing from him to convince me that he is anything but shite in every department of his game. 

It’s the finishing but also the defending was shambolic. The chances Fulham created shouldn’t have been as easy as they were.

I fully except Dyche to make changes to the backline, I don’t care who it is but no one from that back 4 can except to play against Palace.

On 17/04/2023 at 18:53, Palfy said:

Not to piss on your chips….. but Doucoure has only had a couple of decent games and isn’t going to be our saviour mate.

He’s just played with Simms Dom Patterson and Mina against non league Chester. And of course we lost that to haha.

It’s shocking how we’re so bad.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Not to piss on your chips….. but Doucoure has only had a couple of decent games and isn’t going to be our saviour mate.

He’s just played with Simms Dom Patterson and Mina against non league Chester. And of course we lost that to haha.

It’s shocking how we’re so bad.

For me a no need game aimed at getting Dom some playing time that has completely backfired and caused embarrassment and negative reaction's, play a game against the under 21s to give him some playing time in house, not against a non league team using 8 first team players and then lose 1-0, I’m starting to think Dyche has had a couple of weeks that are beginning to make him look a right dickhead. 

I really don't understand the reaction to the result, that chester team will have approached that game like it was the peak of their career and that's what we wanted.  When we say players "featured"  the likelihood is our team was made up of kids for most of it and the first team players will have been at 60% effort

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I really don't understand the reaction to the result, that chester team will have approached that game like it was the peak of their career and that's what we wanted.  When we say players "featured"  the likelihood is our team was made up of kids for most of it and the first team players will have been at 60% effort

On 17/04/2023 at 23:49, Palfy said:

We have definitely not created plenty of chances all season.

Maupay played the first 5 games scoring his only goal but since then he has been in and out and can hardly be expected to find any form. Plus we know when we bought him he wasn't a genuine goalscorer at this level. Half of the value in Maupay is getting the ball into his feet, making smart runs and his ability to be a pain in the arse defensively.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Maupay played the first 5 games scoring his only goal but since then he has been in and out and can hardly be expected to find any form. Plus we know when we bought him he wasn't a genuine goalscorer at this level. Half of the value in Maupay is getting the ball into his feet, making smart runs and his ability to be a pain in the arse defensively.

Are you seriously saying we never bought Maupay to score goals, but to run around being a pain in the arse. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

He doesn’t score goals, he’s shite at footy, and he isn’t a pain in the arse for defenders, straq was a better option. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m obviously more “invested” than you Haf and like to see how our squad is doing and not just the starting eleven 😉

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

100% this and I touched on it in his thread.