IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m obviously more “invested” than you Haf and like to see how our squad is doing and not just the starting eleven 😉

Touché - I’m just happy there are no reactions to the game for the likes of dcl and Patterson. I’d take a 5-0 loss and dcl getting 70 minutes over dcl scoring 5 goals and pulling up. 

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

Are you seriously saying we never bought Maupay to score goals, but to run around being a pain in the arse. 

I honestly don't know why they bought Maupay here. I think it was to be a second striker in a 532 formation but that was ditched within a game or two of his arrival.

20 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He doesn’t score goals, he’s shite at footy, and he isn’t a pain in the arse for defenders, straq was a better option. 

He has scored goals. He has been good at footy and he has been a pain in the arse. Is it him, or is it us?

Thanks for making me laugh at the end there.

On 19/04/2023 at 14:29, Bailey said:

We have definitely not created plenty of chances all season.

Maupay played the first 5 games scoring his only goal but since then he has been in and out and can hardly be expected to find any form. Plus we know when we bought him he wasn't a genuine goalscorer at this level. Half of the value in Maupay is getting the ball into his feet, making smart runs and his ability to be a pain in the 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I honestly don't know why they bought Maupay here. I think it was to be a second striker in a 532 formation but that was ditched within a game or two of his arrival.

He has scored goals. He has been good at footy and he has been a pain in the arse. Is it him, or is it us?

Thanks for making me laugh at the end there.

They brought Maupay here to score goals because DCL had a long term injury we had let Rondon go and we had sent Simms out on loan. We started I think 4 games without a striker after DCL injury playing another prick up front in Gordon, so in desperation with no real thought or choice we bought Maupay before the window closed to come in and score our goals, and what an absolute disaster and waste of money, Lampard dropped him because he was shite and contributing fuck all to team. He has scored 1 goal and missed 7 big chances, you carry on thinking that’s acceptable Bailey because he wasn’t bought into score goals. Lampard didn’t play with 2 upfront and didn’t by Maupay to play in a front 2 because that would have been pointless when he never had another striker available to play alongside him, he was bought to fill the role of the lone striker until DCL was fit and then to sit on the bench as DCL replacement not to play in as 2. You seriously can’t believe he wasn’t bought into score goals😘

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Touché - I’m just happy there are no reactions to the game for the likes of dcl and Patterson. I’d take a 5-0 loss and dcl getting 70 minutes over dcl scoring 5 goals and pulling up. 

100% 

Any fitness training he can get is worth it. 
Disappointed that the others who should be 100% fit and trying to prove a point didn’t have more of an impact though. 

I watched Chester play Telford recently and honestly thought to myself at a two months away from 50 I could still bang a couple in against them. Poor poor league that, pretty close to a Sunday league. Beat plenty of teams of that standard playing for the Bulls Head.

I was disappointed with how late he left it to make any changes on Saturday, main one for me would be Holgate, he was clearly getting beaten every time by Ayew and once he was on a yellow it was always a risk.

Any fan could have told him that Holgate doesn't have the mental capacity to play it careful enough not to get a yellow and even if he did the fact that he was constantly getting beat was going to make it more likely he would end up comitting a foul that could get him a card.  He should have been hooked at half time.

It's difficult with the other positions I suppose in that Gray who wasn't playing well really didn't have anyone else who could come on for him unless you tried to use Maupay or Simms, neither of whom have the same match up.  Hopefully we'll have Onana along with Doucoure back for Thursday to at least have more options available on the bench.

He's got to take a big responsibility for tonight.

Ben Godfrey should not have been seen at full-back again after his shambolic first half against United. Instead we've been treated to him a few times since and he's not looked any better. Every team fucking targets him because he's shite and I think every goal apart from one was on him tonight. Why isn't he subbing him off at least?!

Then again, his subs are fucking maddening. Regardless of whether Maupay was the striker to bring on to make it 442 is irrelevant, he should have been doing it at least 5 minutes before he actually did it. Instead he's ready to come on and Newcastle go and make it 3 fucking 0.

Furthermore, at 3-0 down he has Simms ready to come on and when McNeil makes it 3-1 he tells Simms to go and sit down. Newcastle then go straight down the other end and score again, and then he gets Simms back up and brings him on. What. The. Fuck?!

I really thought I was going to be wrong about Dyche and I'd have to eat humble pie, but it's looking like I won't be needing to do that at all.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's got to take a big responsibility for tonight.

Ben Godfrey should not have been seen at full-back again after his shambolic first half against United. Instead we've been treated to him a few times since and he's not looked any better. Every team fucking targets him because he's shite and I think every goal apart from one was on him tonight. Why isn't he subbing him off at least?!

Then again, his subs are fucking maddening. Regardless of whether Maupay was the striker to bring on to make it 442 is irrelevant, he should have been doing it at least 5 minutes before he actually did it. Instead he's ready to come on and Newcastle go and make it 3 fucking 0.

Furthermore, at 3-0 down he has Simms ready to come on and when McNeil makes it 3-1 he tells Simms to go and sit down. Newcastle then go straight down the other end and score again, and then he gets Simms back up and brings him on. What. The. Fuck?!

I really thought I was going to be wrong about Dyche and I'd have to eat humble pie, but it's looking like I won't be needing to do that at all.

Spotted some traits in him that I do not like.  Far too fond of his ability to talk which is often just a rehash of regular buzz words…. Work in progress, reslity, aligned, bollocks bollocks bollocks.

he clearly has favourite players, Mina? Where has he been? Patterson? Garner should have got on tonight.

not impressed at all, he’s been found wanting big time since his plan a was derailed. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Spotted some traits in him that I do not like.  Far too fond of his ability to talk which is often just a rehash of regular buzz words…. Work in progress, reslity, aligned, bollocks bollocks bollocks.

he clearly has favourite players, Mina? Where has he been? Patterson? Garner should have got on tonight.

not impressed at all, he’s been found wanting big time since his plan a was derailed. 

I'm quite happy to not have Mina play for us, I make no secret of that and have no problem with Dyche not playing him because I can understand the thinking around that. Patterson is a weird one though because Godfrey is getting destroyed every game he plays. He's never offered a thing going forward and now he can't defend either. Garner came on with Simms.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I'm quite happy to not have Mina play for us, I make no secret of that and have no problem with Dyche not playing him because I can understand the thinking around that. Patterson is a weird one though because Godfrey is getting destroyed every game he plays. He's never offered a thing going forward and now he can't defend either. Garner came on with Simms.

Far too late was my point for both players as if happens.  

It's a tough one. Whoever we have will have something that someone won't like.

We've been going round in these circles since 2016. With the squad getting progressively worse every year.

I guess for Dyche it was going OK until a few key players missed some games all at once. That revealed the hole in the squad and upset the bit of momentum we had. Let's be honest, he's got proper limited resources to play with. It's a case of which shit player to play. Knowing each will most likely play shit!

If we go down or stay up we surely cannot take Dyche with us next season. Let’s forget about all the what else can he do with these players, I know it’s not his fault that he has the personnel he has, but it’s definitely down to him the way he uses them, he  seems to think running everyone in to the ground in the first 60 minutes chasing shadows is the way to win, and I’m sick of it, how about trying to retain the ball and let the ball do all the running, and when he’s drained the batteries dry off players he doesn’t use his substitutes to bring more life into the team or try to effectively effect the game, he only freshen things up after the game is already lost. He’s not going to change his style or belief’s and we are not going to get anywhere with him no matter what division we are in. He’s a good talker I will give him that, although when you’ve heard one of his conferences you have heard them all nothing of what he says changes from game to game, in the same way as nothing changes in how he wants the team to play, all huff and puff with no end result in sight, yes he can talk the talk but he can’t walk the walk, unless of course you would be happy having a manager who only knows how to fight relegation battles and runs his players into the ground, if so then Dyche’s your man and hope you enjoy the hardship he will serve up for years to come, because we won’t stay up without trying to win, and we won’t get back without trying to win, and unfortunately all through Dyche’s career he has just played not to lose, the man is a complete dinosaur when it comes tactics and team selection. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Surely by now we are smart enough to  all realise….. it’s the players?

How many managers? What level of managers? How are these managers doing elsewhere? 

It’s the players. There is only so much you can do with players that other teams let go. 

Problem is we have replaced deadwood with more deadwood. We’ve changed playing style & approach to transfers every time with each new manager which is reflective with the shambolic “squad” we now have.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Surely by now we are smart enough to  all realise….. it’s the players?

How many managers? What level of managers? How are these managers doing elsewhere? 

It’s the players. There is only so much you can do with players that other teams let go. 

A few Villa fans were saying that till they got Emery. Of course the quality of player matters but we have absolutely no coaching in terms of play patterns. It’s unbelievable how void of creativity we are in the attacking 3rd. I’m not talking about individual flair I’m talking about players making runs, overloads, etc. 

I'm not reading anything that hasn't been said for the last 7 years.

Its rinse repeat everytime.

As soon as we go on a bad run, it starts.

Let's also remember that a load of people on here, and I absolutely cannot remember any names (that's up to your own honesty), time after time shit all over the idea of Eddie Howe being our manager. Maybe, just maybe, we're too emotionally invested to really know who's the best option?

The club has reacted to the fans 'mood' after poor runs and sacked several managers.

We, as fans, have to accept a couple of things on our part:

1) We have been impatient and likely pushed for managerial changes too soon.

2) We're going to be shit for years to come.

If we want to build something again over time, we have to give someone a chance. And that means they'll most likely go through shit patches of results.

We know the team needs an overhaul. We also know there is no money at the moment. And we know that there are bad apples on the board.

So, from ANY managers point of view, they're going to need some time.

Dyche has had 3 months. Had ZERO input on what players are here.

It just shows that names and faces stick.

56 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

A few Villa fans were saying that till they got Emery. Of course the quality of player matters but we have absolutely no coaching in terms of play patterns. It’s unbelievable how void of creativity we are in the attacking 3rd. I’m not talking about individual flair I’m talking about players making runs, overloads, etc. 

Eactly mate. We may have a a mismatch of players, but most were brought in because they were the best in the team’s they were playing for, individually they do have the ability needed for this league, they don’t have the leader who can piece something half decent together with them, the way we are playing just for draws isn’t going to keep us up, but it’s obvious to see that’s all he knows. 

It was know in the summer we where desperate for offensive additions, in the January window we somehow managed to make us weaker.  

Dyche has come in and he is fire fighting at this club with a fucking water pistol. Problem here has been in the making long before Dyche arrived.

We don't have enough quality in the final third, played the whole season without a striker or goal scoring midfielders - it only going to end one way.

I can't really tell what Dyche is really like until he gets a fair crack at the whip with the club. He's working under pretty shit circumstances.

With regards to Villa - Shove an in form Ollie Watkins as the main striker in the teams Dyche has been putting out and I am confident more point will have been on the board. Even now DCL is miles form match fitness and sharpness. 

Not scoring goals inevitably puts massive stress on the defense and it crumbles

If he sends out anything like the back 4 he did against Newcastle, I will have no issues with him being gone before the next season to be honest. There is no way Godfrey starts a game again soon & one of Keane or Tarks need to go because they have been piss poor.

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

If he sends out anything like the back 4 he did against Newcastle, I will have no issues with him being gone before the next season to be honest. There is no way Godfrey starts a game again soon & one of Keane or Tarks need to go because they have been piss poor.

We have got to have the worst set of defenders in the league. It genuinely does not matter which ones you pick because there is some sort of issue with all of them, not one of them is fully dependable.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I'm not reading anything that hasn't been said for the last 7 years.

Its rinse repeat everytime.

As soon as we go on a bad run, it starts.

Let's also remember that a load of people on here, and I absolutely cannot remember any names (that's up to your own honesty), time after time shit all over the idea of Eddie Howe being our manager. Maybe, just maybe, we're too emotionally invested to really know who's the best option?

The club has reacted to the fans 'mood' after poor runs and sacked several managers.

We, as fans, have to accept a couple of things on our part:

1) We have been impatient and likely pushed for managerial changes too soon.

2) We're going to be shit for years to come.

If we want to build something again over time, we have to give someone a chance. And that means they'll most likely go through shit patches of results.

We know the team needs an overhaul. We also know there is no money at the moment. And we know that there are bad apples on the board.

So, from ANY managers point of view, they're going to need some time.

Dyche has had 3 months. Had ZERO input on what players are here.

It just shows that names and faces stick.

Tbf Howe has Saudi cash at his disposal. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It was know in the summer we where desperate for offensive additions, in the January window we somehow managed to make us weaker.  

Dyche has come in and he is fire fighting at this club with a fucking water pistol. Problem here has been in the making long before Dyche arrived.

We don't have enough quality in the final third, played the whole season without a striker or goal scoring midfielders - it only going to end one way.

I can't really tell what Dyche is really like until he gets a fair crack at the whip with the club. He's working under pretty shit circumstances.

With regards to Villa - Shove an in form Ollie Watkins as the main striker in the teams Dyche has been putting out and I am confident more point will have been on the board. Even now DCL is miles form match fitness and sharpness. 

Not scoring goals inevitably puts massive stress on the defense and it crumbles

I agree so why not play Gray who is about the best player we have to get you a goal doesn’t make any sense to me, or Patterson who can get up the line and play in a decent cross, winning games is about playing the players who give you a better chance of getting goals, Dyche just wants a team of players who run all day with no game plan, he just wants to shove a Duracell up their arse press the on switch and see what happens, the players are calamitous in many ways, but Dyche is calamitous as well. 
On Gray weeks ago he was challenged why Gray wasn’t playing, his answer was something along the line’s “ we are working with him in training to play the centre forward role” okay fair enough so he must believe he’s got goals in him yet he doesn’t play him when we need goals, when the games getting away from us and people are dying on their feet he doesn’t change it, until the game is lost, after 55-60 minutes he needed to change things he didn’t, he waited till we were 2 or 3 down in the 70th something minute and throw’s Maupay on the blokes a fucking joke, he had far better options at his disposal than that and should have acted 15-20 minutes sooner, that’s bad management, and not all about poor players as some of you have used to excuse him. Give him all the money you want he won’t improve us, and any player worth his salt won’t want to play for him after witnessing his tactics and what he expects from players which by the way isn’t to try and play any form of decent football. He’s a fucking embarrassment to the word manager, he’s known how important it was to get 2-4 points out the last 2 games and he’s sent his team out to play like that. Fuck off Dyche please you’re not for me or this club. 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Tbf Howe has Saudi cash at his disposal. 

But the only ones they've brought in that you'd really classify as being due to the Saudi money were Guimaraes, Botman, Isak and Trippier. I understand they've brought in others, but the others are not world beaters. Dan Burn, Chris Wood, Matt Targett, Nick Pope. And then you look at the rest of the team: Murphy, Longstaff, Almiron, Willock. 

This squad shouldn't be third. This is all down to Eddie Howe. He was not my first, second or third choice last year, but I'm rueing the fact we didn't go after him now.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree so why not play Gray who is about the best player we have to get you a goal doesn’t make any sense to me, or Patterson who can get up the line and play in a decent cross, winning games is about playing the players who give you a better chance of getting goals, Dyche just wants a team of players who run all day with no game plan, he just wants to shove a Duracell up their arse press the on switch and see what happens, the players are calamitous in many ways, but Dyche is calamitous as well. 
On Gray weeks ago he was challenged why Gray wasn’t playing, his answer was something along the line’s “ we are working with him in training to play the centre forward role” okay fair enough so he must believe he’s got goals in him yet he doesn’t play him when we need goals, when the games getting away from us and people are dying on their feet he doesn’t change it, until the game is lost, after 55-60 minutes he needed to change things he didn’t, he waited till we were 2 or 3 down in the 70th something minute and throw’s Maupay on the blokes a fucking joke, he had far better options at his disposal than that and should have acted 15-20 minutes sooner, that’s bad management, and not all about poor players as some of you have used to excuse him. Give him all the money you want he won’t improve us, and any player worth his salt won’t want to play for him after witnessing his tactics and what he expects from players which by the way isn’t to try and play any form of decent football. He’s a fucking embarrassment to the word manager, he’s known how important it was to get 2-4 points out the last 2 games and he’s sent his team out to play like that. Fuck off Dyche please you’re not for me or this club. 

I think your frustrations with what is happening is overly simplified by ranting at a manager who has been here a couple of months and had a load of inconsistent, fragile, non goal scoring players at his disposal. If Dyche is a 'problem', he's pretty far down the list of problems with this club of why we now most likely getting relegated this season. 

25 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think your frustrations with what is happening is overly simplified by ranting at a manager who has been here a couple of months and had a load of inconsistent, fragile, non goal scoring players at his disposal. If Dyche is a 'problem', he's pretty far down the list of problems with this club of why we now most likely getting relegated this season. 

I’m all for giving managers a chance. His point blank refusal to play a lad who was keeping Coleman out the side takes the piss, it’s not like Godfrey has come in and played well. 

dyche has the political demeanour going on and as fans we are a bit sensitive to that. For me he’s out of his depth,  he’s managing players on 4x the wage they were on at Burnley. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I don't think you can pin that result on Keane or Tarkowski. The former for the Isak goal was shocking but Godfrey was poor for two of them and Onana stopped tracking his man for one of them. Keane and Tarkowski aren't going to do a lot about that and for 70 odd minutes they kept Newcastle fairly quiet. A lot of the more hysterical posts (not suggesting you are) focus on that last 20 minutes and how the wheels fell off, not the good (albeit ugly) work that came before it.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Gray is unreliable that is his problem and why I expect Dyche doesn't fancy him. He wants someone to put a ball in when they get the chance, not dribble into opposition players, which is exactly what he has done when he has played wide in the small moments under Dyche. Iwobi was shocking last night, but he got into a lot of really good positions before shitting his pants and fucking it up.

One of the players you wanted back in the side (Doucoure) was notoriously bad for doing a similar thing last night. Unfortunately it is the type of player he has at his disposal to play in those positions. It is no surprise that the one attacking player he brought through at Burnley is the one who has stood out since Dyche's arrival.

I have no issues with how he set the team out last night. There wasn't a lot between us and 3rd place Newcastle apart from quality when it mattered in the final thirds, which is something he hasn't had the chance to change.