IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's really pissing me off how before every game in his press conference he's asked about the fan protests. They're definitely trying to get him to say he wants them to stop and to condemn the protests and fans.

The press are trying to create a divide. The wankers.

They are trying to coheres him into giving his opinion of whether he’s for or against. The fans protest groups need the media to keep discussing the protests it helps keep the pressure on the owner and board, what they don’t have control of is the questions asked or too who, but the fact the media are still engaged and asking questions has to be a good thing for the fans who want change at the top. 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's really pissing me off how before every game in his press conference he's asked about the fan protests. They're definitely trying to get him to say he wants them to stop and to condemn the protests and fans.

The press are trying to create a divide. The wankers.

That is what the press do isn't it!

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

That is what the press do isn't it!

I get them asking once, maybe twice, but it's before every single game. And I'd also understand them asking if it looked like the protests were having a negative impact on the team but it's abundantly clear that they're not.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I get them asking once, maybe twice, but it's before every single game. And I'd also understand them asking if it looked like the protests were having a negative impact on the team but it's abundantly clear that they're not.

Dyche handles the press well he only tells them what he wants them to know. From what I see he won’t have nothing negative said about the fans, and when asked about the board he generally says before my time. They gave him is job so he has to remember who pays his wages and who he works for, but he is definitely becoming one of us, as many managers and players have once they’ve been touched by this beautiful club and it’s supporters. 

Considering how many manager in the Premiership have actually changed since Dyche was sacked last year, it seem the only bit of luck Everton fans have had is no other team actually went for him before we signed him.

He basic footballing philosophy is work your socks off and win as many points as you can. Any aesthetic or philosophy is secondary. Cuts a lot of the BH out. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Personally I think that massively underplays Dyche's ability as a manager. We outplayed Spurs yesterday and that wasn't just through running lots. 

It's not a full chaper and verse appraisal of Dyche's ability as a coach or his playing style, it applauding his no nonsense approach I  getting the very best of the resources. Hard work and pickong up points being being his primary objective. 

No hearing him say I want a side who dominates the ball or a side who builds from the back, blah blah.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Personally I think that massively underplays Dyche's ability as a manager. We outplayed Spurs yesterday and that wasn't just through running lots. 

No it wasn’t just through running a lot but that was the biggest factor, Spurs wanted a much slower paced game with plenty of time on the ball, we didn’t give them that we rushed them into making mistakes on the ball and never let them settle into a rhythm they wanted to play the game at. And when forced them through hard work to give the ball up, then we attacked them with pace and numbers. They new they had been in a game last night and wanted that final whistle to come, we beat them up physically, tactically, and mentally. 

I often think that managers coming into a team in a relegation battle in some ways have it easier than those coming into a middling team in the close season.

In this situation Dyche has a well defined objective.: survival, that can be laid out in a nervous of points, games etc... 

That kind of set up seems well suited to his personality and playing style.

Whether we stay up, or go down, I wonder how he will deal with a much freer strategy next season, with all the risks of getting in and moving on players.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

No it wasn’t just through running a lot but that was the biggest factor, Spurs wanted a much slower paced game with plenty of time on the ball, we didn’t give them that we rushed them into making mistakes on the ball and never let them settle into a rhythm they wanted to play the game at. And when forced them through hard work to give the ball up, then we attacked them with pace and numbers. They new they had been in a game last night and wanted that final whistle to come, we beat them up physically, tactically, and mentally. 

Absolutely, that games goes for another 10 minutes and we win it. 

Just seems madness him going 'back' after being sacked and showing relatively little with us at the end.  I wonder what their fans think of it? 

I know it only till the end of the season, the problem comes if Chelsea get that new manager bounce and they have a storming end to the season. I hope they bounce and do a number on Wolves, Bournemouth and Forest on the run in. At least we don't have to play them now.

I think in Frank's case he thrives in an underdog / "woe is us" scenario. He can use his charisma to rally the team/fans but that only gets so far.

I think his first Chelsea stint was transfer ban...let's show them we still have plenty of talent here kind of war cry but the next season it was different - loads of money spent and he failed and couldn't pick it up.

same with us...when it was woe is us (relegation, no Jan transfer kitty) he worked magic. Come this season he couldn't make it work.

So he might actually be ok with them this season...but then shite next season.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

I think in Frank's case he thrives in an underdog / "woe is us" scenario. He can use his charisma to rally the team/fans but that only gets so far.

I think his first Chelsea stint was transfer ban...let's show them we still have plenty of talent here kind of war cry but the next season it was different - loads of money spent and he failed and couldn't pick it up.

same with us...when it was woe is us (relegation, no Jan transfer kitty) he worked magic. Come this season he couldn't make it work.

So he might actually be ok with them this season...but then shite next season.

Good job there isn't going to be a next season for him there then.

22 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Does Lampard suit Chelsea? Sounds very much like he is taking over there until the end of the season. I wonder if we get any of his severance pay back if he take another job so soon.

Managers aren’t normally sacked, as reported. They are normally put on gardening leave, so that in cases like this we can stop paying them. 
But we probably fucked that up. 

18 hours ago, StevO said:

Managers aren’t normally sacked, as reported. They are normally put on gardening leave, so that in cases like this we can stop paying them. 
But we probably fucked that up. 

I guess it depends on what was agreed as part of the termination. I doubt whether managers these days go on gardening leave as such any more. I suspect a severance package is agreed which leaves both parties free to do as they please. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I guess it depends on what was agreed as part of the termination. I doubt whether managers these days go on gardening leave as such any more. I suspect a severance package is agreed which leaves both parties free to do as they please. 

Nope, it’s very rare that both parties leave it completely. The norm would be that a manager gets paid up front until the end of that season, and then again for each season they have remaining on their contract if they are unemployed in that season. If a “sacked” manager gets a new job they would renegotiate the termination of what’s still outstanding. Sometimes a manager will offer to take a fraction of what they are owed up front on the basis they can walk away completely and find another job. 
Either way, managers always do pretty well. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Nope, it’s very rare that both parties leave it completely. The norm would be that a manager gets paid up front until the end of that season, and then again for each season they have remaining on their contract if they are unemployed in that season. If a “sacked” manager gets a new job they would renegotiate the termination of what’s still outstanding. Sometimes a manager will offer to take a fraction of what they are owed up front on the basis they can walk away completely and find another job. 
Either way, managers always do pretty well. 

Whilst I am sure there are examples of managers on gardening leave, I suspect the more common scenario is where deals are done. I imagine the key phrase is in the press release is "mutually agreed". 

This article shows Tuchel wasnt on gardening leave (others were):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/11/14/thomas-tuchel-has-leave-england-chelsea-sacking-two-staff/

In contrast, it is believed Naglesman is on gardening leave with Bayern and Chelsea will need to negotiate with them to relieve him from his contract as he would technically still be a Bayern employee. 

With Lampard, I would be almost certain that he wasn't on gardening leave with us nor Dyche with Burnley either (signed a 4 year deal 8 months before he was sacked). 

But yeh football management is a lucrative business. Get a name somewhere and you can dine out on it time and time again with pay for 2-3 year contracts for 6 months work!

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whilst I am sure there are examples of managers on gardening leave, I suspect the more common scenario is where deals are done. I imagine the key phrase is in the press release is "mutually agreed". 

This article shows Tuchel wasnt on gardening leave (others were):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/11/14/thomas-tuchel-has-leave-england-chelsea-sacking-two-staff/

In contrast, it is believed Naglesman is on gardening leave with Bayern and Chelsea will need to negotiate with them to relieve him from his contract as he would technically still be a Bayern employee. 

With Lampard, I would be almost certain that he wasn't on gardening leave with us nor Dyche with Burnley either (signed a 4 year deal 8 months before he was sacked). 

But yeh football management is a lucrative business. Get a name somewhere and you can dine out on it time and time again with pay for 2-3 year contracts for 6 months work!

I know Naglesman is on gardening leave, that’s what’s got Frank the Chelsea job. I’m sure if either team was out of the champions league a deal would have been done. Chelsea are also not letting one of their coaches (thingy Barry or whatever his name is) join Bayern.