IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I don't think you can pin that result on Keane or Tarkowski. The former for the Isak goal was shocking but Godfrey was poor for two of them and Onana stopped tracking his man for one of them. Keane and Tarkowski aren't going to do a lot about that and for 70 odd minutes they kept Newcastle fairly quiet. A lot of the more hysterical posts (not suggesting you are) focus on that last 20 minutes and how the wheels fell off, not the good (albeit ugly) work that came before it.

Gray is unreliable that is his problem and why I expect Dyche doesn't fancy him. He wants someone to put a ball in when they get the chance, not dribble into opposition players, which is exactly what he has done when he has played wide in the small moments under Dyche. Iwobi was shocking last night, but he got into a lot of really good positions before shitting his pants and fucking it up.

One of the players you wanted back in the side (Doucoure) was notoriously bad for doing a similar thing last night. Unfortunately it is the type of player he has at his disposal to play in those positions. It is no surprise that the one attacking player he brought through at Burnley is the one who has stood out since Dyche's arrival.

I have no issues with how he set the team out last night. There wasn't a lot between us and 3rd place Newcastle apart from quality when it mattered in the final thirds, which is something he hasn't had the chance to change.

He is our top goal scorer Bailey for all of his other problems we need the people on the pitch who can change a game, but let’s throw Maupay on to make a difference another player who just runs around with no quality whatsoever, but it suits Dyche’s Duracell style of football, yet gives you fuck all in return, if you’re happy with his style of management his player selections his inability to see during game time he needs to make changes then crack on mate and enjoy him fucking up in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I think your frustrations with what is happening is overly simplified by ranting at a manager who has been here a couple of months and had a load of inconsistent, fragile, non goal scoring players at his disposal. If Dyche is a 'problem', he's pretty far down the list of problems with this club of why we now most likely getting relegated this season. 

He’s played 13 games and amassed 13 points,so if he can get a point a game from his last 5 he would have gotten 18 points for half the season, but I don’t want to get over embroiled in the how long he’s been here how many games he’s played how many points he’s won, I’m more concerned about the poor decisions or even lack of decisions he makes before and during the game, and if you want to stay up those decisions aren’t bottom of the pile in a long list of over thing’s that are wrong with the team or the club, they Rob are top of the list, because at the moment the 90 minutes in every game are going to determine whether we stay up. And in his presser after the game once again he brings up the Arsenal win, enough with the fucking Arsenal win that was 13 fucking games ago, is that going to go down as his only achievement this season, because it surely seems like it because he clearly doesn’t want us to forget about it. 

5 hours ago, RPG said:

I disagree in a way. It is the players but the real fault lies with the muppets who buy the players.

I agree there mate.

Just mean that a manager can’t turn average at best players into good players.

Hafs example of Villa doesn’t work for me as they have good players who weren’t performing. We have bad to average players that can only at best…. Be turned into their best, which is average.

No manager is going to turn these players into top ten players.

Palf mentioned these players being the best at their clubs. 
But reality is this:

Gray = sub. 
Iwobi = sub. 
Coady = sub. 
Tarks = relegated. 
Myko = nowhere on the scope. 
Patterson = not even sub. 
McNeil = relegated. 
Onnana = young and hungry. 
Maupay = sub. 
Gana = last legs. 

The rest are part of our already struggling team. This is where reality comes into play.

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

Surely by now we are smart enough to  all realise….. it’s the players?

How many managers? What level of managers? How are these managers doing elsewhere? 

It’s the players. There is only so much you can do with players that other teams let go. 

Shukes mentioned our previous managers ending with “how are these managers doing else where” 
Moyes sacked numerous times and relegated. 
Martinez manager of Belgium ranked on paper the best international team in the world for years yet won nothing and definitely under performed. 
Koeman did nothing of note after leaving us                                  Allardyce relegated and now doing nothing.             
Silva having a decent season with Fulham. 
Ancelotti the only manager who did well here and carried it on when he left. 
Benitez doing nothing can’t get a job. 
Lampard now at Chelsea no better than when he was here. 
Now we have Dyche sacked by Burnley and we are witnessing why. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thing is Shukes we haven’t had great managers who are doing it elsewhere since they left us, far from it to be honest mate. 

Not really mate. A few aren’t in work, a few are doing very well. 
Martinez did well. His team maybe could have done better… but did better than any of their teams previous.

Carlo is at one of Europe’s most prestige teams.

Marco is doing excellent. 

They are doing well. Can’t really change that mate.

Can pick the worst out and use them I suspose, like Sam. But who knows how he would be doing if he had a club?

Lampard has taken temporary charge at a club who are also in freefall… and it’s continued.

Moyes actually took west Ham to Europe… and they are still there

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

But the only ones they've brought in that you'd really classify as being due to the Saudi money were Guimaraes, Botman, Isak and Trippier. I understand they've brought in others, but the others are not world beaters. Dan Burn, Chris Wood, Matt Targett, Nick Pope. And then you look at the rest of the team: Murphy, Longstaff, Almiron, Willock. 

This squad shouldn't be third. This is all down to Eddie Howe. He was not my first, second or third choice last year, but I'm rueing the fact we didn't go after him now.

But they could go shopping, we have been bargain basement. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We have got to have the worst set of defenders in the league. It genuinely does not matter which ones you pick because there is some sort of issue with all of them, not one of them is fully dependable.

Exactly right mate. Brainthwate would most likely be our best defender and the opinion is based on the fact I havent seen enough of him to know if he would fuck up as much as these other twats.

Also, for Taskowski to come out and say they expect more from the forwards and then put in that display is just a pisstake.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't think you can pin that result on Keane or Tarkowski. The former for the Isak goal was shocking but Godfrey was poor for two of them and Onana stopped tracking his man for one of them. Keane and Tarkowski aren't going to do a lot about that and for 70 odd minutes they kept Newcastle fairly quiet. A lot of the more hysterical posts (not suggesting you are) focus on that last 20 minutes and how the wheels fell off, not the good (albeit ugly) work that came before it.

Gray is unreliable that is his problem and why I expect Dyche doesn't fancy him. He wants someone to put a ball in when they get the chance, not dribble into opposition players, which is exactly what he has done when he has played wide in the small moments under Dyche. Iwobi was shocking last night, but he got into a lot of really good positions before shitting his pants and fucking it up.

One of the players you wanted back in the side (Doucoure) was notoriously bad for doing a similar thing last night. Unfortunately it is the type of player he has at his disposal to play in those positions. It is no surprise that the one attacking player he brought through at Burnley is the one who has stood out since Dyche's arrival.

I have no issues with how he set the team out last night. There wasn't a lot between us and 3rd place Newcastle apart from quality when it mattered in the final thirds, which is something he hasn't had the chance to change.

Wilson won everything from to the two of them. It's not just last night but both have not looked convincing since united. Fulham was piss poor & as soon as a team apply any sort of pressure we fold. 

One of dyche's beat traits was supposed to be instilling belief and grit. Well, after a decent 5 or 6 games (against all odds underdog type of  games) we now see the team fold as soon as we concede - because they know we can't score - we are the lowest scorers in the top 4 tiers of English football.

remember the first couple of games - the comparisons (vs Lampard) on number of shots and crosses out into box were excellent. We had DCL then, we've got him back so dyche needs to go back to that approach - through the kitchen sink at it. 

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Exactly right mate. Brainthwate would most likely be our best defender and the opinion is based on the fact I havent seen enough of him to know if he would fuck up as much as these other twats.

Also, for Taskowski to come out and say they expect more from the forwards and then put in that display is just a pisstake.

I can't ever forget Branthwaite's fuck up against Brentford so I'm pretty sure he's got it in him to compete in that regard :lol:.

I’ve really been put off by him, quite horrible how I feel tbh.

Hes got a smug arrogance about him that does not sit right, almost like he’s antagonistic and gaslighting us. 

Its 100% clear he is a manager who has his favourites, yes we know managers have a preferred line up but he’s picking centre halves at right back when our actual fit right back is not a bad player at all. 

he adopted the wrong type of personality for our club at the wrong time. I don’t think he reads the room well, not once have I heard him agree with a question - he tends to act surprised and reel off a load of shite. Like Michael Keane played well?!

he talks like he’s a tactical genius yet stands there with woan and stone looking clueless when he has to change things up. 

I don’t want him here. Very much a Rafa /allardyce type character 

22 hours ago, Palfy said:

He is our top goal scorer Bailey for all of his other problems we need the people on the pitch who can change a game, but let’s throw Maupay on to make a difference another player who just runs around with no quality whatsoever, but it suits Dyche’s Duracell style of football, yet gives you fuck all in return, if you’re happy with his style of management his player selections his inability to see during game time he needs to make changes then crack on mate and enjoy him fucking up in the Championship. 

McNeil is our top scorer and Gray has only scored 2 non penalties. Iwobi is only 1 goal behind and had 5 more assists. Gray is hardly a game changer. 

14 hours ago, Btay said:

This is another one of these cases whereby the player that isnt playing (or isnt at the club) becomes better by not playing. Its the same with Patterson. 

14 hours ago, Btay said:

Wilson won everything from to the two of them. It's not just last night but both have not looked convincing since united. Fulham was piss poor & as soon as a team apply any sort of pressure we fold. 

According to whoscored, Wilson didnt win a single aerial dual, he was disposessed 5 times (most of Newcastle players), and had 6 occasions of bad control (most of Newcastle players). He also only made 16 passes. 

The centre backs won 5 aerial duels between them (Keane 4), 5 tackles, 5 interceptions, 8 clearances and blocked 2 shots. The only similar performer was Onana. 

I didn't get your impression from the game and the stats don't back it up either. I thought they dealt pretty well with Wilson and Newcastle generally until it all fell apart at the end. 

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

McNeil is our top scorer and Gray has only scored 2 non penalties. Iwobi is only 1 goal behind and had 5 more assists. Gray is hardly a game changer. 

Gray was also dropped so hasn't had a chance to play anywhere near as much, whereas McNeils case is the opposite.

Gray is comfortably our biggest goal threat on the pitch until Dom is up to speed. His exclusion is one of my biggest criticisms of Dyche. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’ve really been put off by him, quite horrible how I feel tbh.

Hes got a smug arrogance about him that does not sit right, almost like he’s antagonistic and gaslighting us. 

Its 100% clear he is a manager who has his favourites, yes we know managers have a preferred line up but he’s picking centre halves at right back when our actual fit right back is not a bad player at all. 

he adopted the wrong type of personality for our club at the wrong time. I don’t think he reads the room well, not once have I heard him agree with a question - he tends to act surprised and reel off a load of shite. Like Michael Keane played well?!

he talks like he’s a tactical genius yet stands there with woan and stone looking clueless when he has to change things up. 

I don’t want him here. Very much a Rafa /allardyce type character 

Are you able to go a month without choosing someone else to direct your anger at? It's the only thing I can think of to explain that near-hysterical last paragraph. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Gray was also dropped so hasn't had a chance to play anywhere near as much, whereas McNeils case is the opposite.

Gray is comfortably our biggest goal threat on the pitch until Dom is up to speed. His exclusion is one of my biggest criticisms of Dyche. 

Gray has played 313 more minutes than McNeil.

I disagree that he is our biggest goal threat. He probably takes more shots than anyone else but that is as far as it goes.

Just now, Bailey said:

Gray has played 313 more minutes than McNeil.

I disagree that he is our biggest goal threat. He probably takes more shots than anyone else but that is as far as it goes.

Yeah, which coincides with the change of management :dontknow:

If you don't shoot, you don't score. He is direct, he is quick, he can score a variety of goals. McNeil is anything but quick and is so one-footed it's painful. 

Regardless, I'd be playing both since they've both got a goal in them.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Gray 6 McNeil 5, and Gray’s goals have been game changers they’ve helped win us points for me that’s what I class as game changing. Out of interest who do you think should be playing in front of him that will get goals to help keep us up, we need the players in the team that give you the best chance of a goal, you can’t keep moaning we can’t score goals yet leave your best options out. 

Said it in another thread but no manager in world football will be successful under this ownership and board.  No one. So no need for debate.

That being said took a quick look at the manager stats and it is not good reading...

Rank
Manager Reign
Pld
W
D
L
F
A
Points%
Win %
CARLO ANCELOTTI 21 Dec 2019 - 01 June 2021
ROBERTO MARTINEZ 05 Jun 2013 - 12 May 2016
DAVID MOYES 14 Mar 2002 - 30 Jun 2013
RONALD KOEMAN 14 Jun 2016 - 23 Oct 2017
SAM ALLARDYCE 30 Nov 2017 - 16 May 2018
MARCO SILVA 31 May 2018 - 05 Dec 2019
RAFA BENITEZ 30 Jun 2021 - 16 Jan 2022
SEAN DYCHE 30 Jan 2022 - continuing
FRANK LAMPARD 31 Jan 2022 - 23 Jan 2023
MIKE WALKER 07 Jan 1994 - 08 Nov 1994

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Are you able to go a month without choosing someone else to direct your anger at? It's the only thing I can think of to explain that near-hysterical last paragraph. 

Anger? Sorry if I can’t bore the fuck out of everyone with some endless critique that looks at ways of expressing my footballing acumen in a way that doesn’t come across like I’m pissed off at watching my club fall into the lower leagues. 

to put it bluntly, he came in and gave us hope but now seems to have backed himself into a corner with stubborn picks and we are likely to get relegated, meanwhile he’s starting to play a political game and talking shite.