IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

If we get relegated its because we don't have a effective striker. DCL is but he is plagued by injury and sadly I don't see him playing much for us again.

There are not enough goals in the side, simple as that.

I love Everton, but HATE what the board has done to my club. There is simply no excuse for bringing more strikers in during the window.

Deep down I believe we will be relegated, we should keep with Dyche as he has us playing a good mix of football given his limited time here and lack of attack.  We need to continue to support Dyche and the side and protest peacefully against the board. Apart form prayer, its all we can do.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

I reckon Dyche will be thinking why did Lampard and Thelwell let Rondon go when they had no backup for DCL who was injured, now he would bite your hand off if given the chance to still have him here. 

He would certainly have been another option upfront, and we don't have many of them at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd half today the players looked knackered but I'll say it again...I've mostly enjoyed watching us since Dyche came in. I actually like how we play under him! I was all for him getting the job, just expected us to play a lot more negatively than we have been.

It's nice to see us having a go and creating chances. 

Funny thing is that he has reverted back to the old guard. He is playing players who he can trust and rely on. 

My biggest worry is how many he needs to replace in the summer.

Coleman is surely on his last season. Next will just be a back up player.

Gana can’t keep that energy up at his age for another year, and I would expect him to also be a squad player next year.

Myko. Love the lad, but again he is a back up player. 

Iwobi, purple patch is over.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Funny thing is that he has reverted back to the old guard. He is playing players who he can trust and rely on. 

My biggest worry is how many he needs to replace in the summer.

Coleman is surely on his last season. Next will just be a back up player.

Gana can’t keep that energy up at his age for another year, and I would expect him to also be a squad player next year.

Myko. Love the lad, but again he is a back up player. 

Iwobi, purple patch is over.

Largely agree except this part. His purple patch would be continuing if he hadn't been stuck back on the wing. Hopefully with a real right winger we'll see him central again. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Largely agree except this part. His purple patch would be continuing if he hadn't been stuck back on the wing. Hopefully with a real right winger we'll see him central again. 

Maybe give Onana a break (especially for home games) and put Iwobi there. We can play Gray on the right once DCL comes back….a lot of things have to happen just for us to get square pegs in square holes…bloody hell!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Hopefully.

Watching him though I feel it’s a motivation thing. The amount of non attempts yesterday was staggering. I would love to be an attacking player and run against him, he just literally watches you pass by.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Hopefully.

Watching him though I feel it’s a motivation thing. The amount of non attempts yesterday was staggering. I would love to be an attacking player and run against him, he just literally watches you pass by.

I'm sure it is. But can you blame him? He was by far and away our most productive player after finally getting his start in the centre but Dyche puts him back outside immediately.  

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm sure it is. But can you blame him? He was by far and away our most productive player after finally getting his start in the centre but Dyche puts him back outside immediately.  

I understand why dyche has moved him out wide cos he wants the physicality and defensive snap of the other 3. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I understand why dyche has moved him out wide cos he wants the physicality and defensive snap of the other 3. 

I completely understand that too. Its back to needs must but when you don't play to a players strengths, all their weaknesses are even more obvious.

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Maybe give Onana a break (especially for home games) and put Iwobi there. We can play Gray on the right once DCL comes back….a lot of things have to happen just for us to get square pegs in square holes…bloody hell!

Coleman needs help on the right and Iwobi provides that.  Runs alot.  Gray does not offer that protection and thus I doubt we will ever see him there.  Agree Iwobi needs to go back centrally but if we stick with Dyche next year and same formation, we will be needing to buy someone for the right side. Hopefully 2 so that Coleman and Iwobi both don't start there.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

My problem with that is how often Iwobi gives the ball away. When he’s out wide we can get away with it a bit more, but in the middle we get punished. He’s more of an attacking threat, absolutely, but he’s equally a bit of a liability in there too. 

19 hours ago, StevO said:

My problem with that is how often Iwobi gives the ball away. When he’s out wide we can get away with it a bit more, but in the middle we get punished. He’s more of an attacking threat, absolutely, but he’s equally a bit of a liability in there too. 

And he's really slow so when he does give it away the player is away from him before you know it.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And he's really slow so when he does it away the player is away from him before you know it.

His running style reminds me of Raheem Sterling...obviously much slower. It's like he runs as though is trying to keep a pencil between his arse cheeks without dropping it....weird image I get it!!!

On 12/03/2023 at 13:10, Matt said:

I’m old fashioned mate. You play for the shirt and do whatever job to your best ability wherever you get out, not just where you like it. 
Iwobi playing wide made him look good and the team look shit.

Iwobi playing central makes the team look better and him look shit.

On 12/03/2023 at 21:16, StevO said:

Sorry to go off topic again but I was discussing this the other day. Lampard was obsessed on building around Iwobi in the ‘10’ and yes he looked our best player but he lost the ball so many times and we got punished so many times. Maybe if Lampard hadn’t alienated Doucoure and played Iwobi in a wide position he’d still be our manager. Iwobi is still a key player but having Doucoure in the the 3 has made us so much better - it’s not as if Dyche has discovered some miracle remedy; Ancelotti, the best manager in world football, played Doucoure on a weekly basis and had reservations over Iwobi centrally.

*disclaimer - I’m not bitching about Lampard (I’ll forever be thankful and supportive) and am certainly not knocking Iwobi’s talents.

7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Sorry to go off topic again but I was discussing this the other day. Lampard was obsessed on building around Iwobi in the ‘10’ and yes he looked our best player but he lost the ball so many times and we got punished so many times. Maybe if Lampard hadn’t alienated Doucoure and played Iwobi in a wide position he’d still be our manager. Iwobi is still a key player but having Doucoure in the the 3 has made us so much better - it’s not as if Dyche has discovered some miracle remedy; Ancelotti, the best manager in world football, played Doucoure on a weekly basis and had reservations over Iwobi centrally.

*disclaimer - I’m not bitching about Lampard (I’ll forever be thankful and supportive) and am certainly not knocking Iwobi’s talents.

Iwobi was fucking awful tonight. Played a massive role in their second goal as well.

On 13/03/2023 at 02:03, plaidharper said:

Coleman needs help on the right and Iwobi provides that.  Runs alot.  Gray does not offer that protection and thus I doubt we will ever see him there.  Agree Iwobi needs to go back centrally but if we stick with Dyche next year and same formation, we will be needing to buy someone for the right side. Hopefully 2 so that Coleman and Iwobi both don't start there.

Personally I think Gray works his socks off or at least has really upped his effort in his recent outings so I don’t see this as an issue any more.

Under Dyche -

8 games for 11 points. Over a season that roughly works out to 52 points. Obviously there still plenty of improvement to be made but if we continue like this for the rest of the season we should be safe this year & if we continue it for next season comfortably mid table.