IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

15 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s almost like we were the better team, against the best team in the country. Madness!!! 

That bar has been set pretty high now. Might be all down hill from here!.

There was definately more crosses going in the box yesterday or attempted crosses that resulted in corners.

Simplicity in the corners. Just keep putting the ball the the back post, we have the tall players, so not a great deal Arsenal can do about it.

I don't thing we played for or won half enough corners under Lampard and hence we did score many. 

We got the ball in attacking areas and were always looking to get it in the box. 

We made the Arsenal defenders have to defend. That brought corners, which creates pressure.

I thought we were fantastic all game.  Simple and structured. 4-5-1.  Hard work, passion and desire. 

Probably deserved to win by a coupe of goals.  

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Everyone, stop what you're doing. Bailey has liked this! He thinks we were the better team in a game!

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL!

🤣🤣

He is right though. Arsenal played well, they were trying to do the things that they do week in week out and we stopped them and managed to impose ourselves on them instead.

It is one game, so lets see what happens in the weeks that come but that was as good as I have seen from us for a long time! 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

🤣🤣

He is right though. Arsenal played well, they were trying to do the things that they do week in week out and we stopped them and managed to impose ourselves on them instead.

It is one game, so lets see what happens in the weeks that come but that was as good as I have seen from us for a long time! 

Exactly right. The next performance is crucial or the one before doesn’t matter.

If we can find that level of performance against Arsenal consistently, we will be okay.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

🤣🤣

I agree with tempering our excitement. We are entitled to enjoy the win. God knows we've waited long enough but these players have not shown me anything that suggests they can be consistent - the talent is clearly there with some of them and maybe a new Manager can unlock consistency but we need to pull the reigns a bit on players like McNeil - yes it was much better but show me again and then again and I'll start to believe it was the prior managers fault and not the players application. 

That said, I'd rather be writing that on the back of 3 glorious points than bemoaning another shambolic effort.

27 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Wish we had Gregg's in America.  Quick sausage roll and tea to go? Yes please.

Not sure what our equivalent is? Maybe 7-11? Starbucks? Those are both crap.

Bagel and a Coffee from some street vendor???? Perhaps I've just watched too many US TV Shows. They always seem to be grabbing a bagel from someone on the sidewalk (MikeO - yes I changed it to resonate..I know the correct term is pavement...or path where I'm from 😀)

48 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Bagel and a Coffee from some street vendor???? Perhaps I've just watched too many US TV Shows. They always seem to be grabbing a bagel from someone on the sidewalk (MikeO - yes I changed it to resonate..I know the correct term is pavement...or path where I'm from 😀)

Perfectly acceptable that👍

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yeah New York is absolutely great for that and shops are everywhere and lots of shows are filmed there.  Most states in America have shit bagels if any at all.  Haha.  Have had friends bring me a baker's dozen from NY when they are traveling south.

Trust me you would think of Greg’s just as you do Everton.

Fucking frustrating. Corn beef pasty please…. Fuck sake why is it cold, can you warm it up? No it’s against our health and safety rules. Next day I go in thinking, it will be hot this time.

Its like going to Everton every week thinking it’s all going to change.

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Trust me you would think of Greg’s just as you do Everton.

Fucking frustrating. Corn beef pasty please…. Fuck sake why is it cold, can you warm it up? No it’s against our health and safety rules. Next day I go in thinking, it will be hot this time.

Its like going to Everton every week thinking it’s all going to change.

A perfect match.  Haha.

27 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I've never heard of Gregg's, I must confess. Searched online, and it looks a bit like Subway or Panera Bread - very ordinary. Why has it earned a reputation?

Nothing like either. Greggs is love, Greggs is life. 

Basically a competitor of Sayers. 

They also make an amazing Christmas jumper. 

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Yeah New York is absolutely great for that and shops are everywhere and lots of shows are filmed there.  Most states in America have shit bagels if any at all.  Haha.  Have had friends bring me a baker's dozen from NY when they are traveling south.

There's a cart right by my work that makes the best bacon egg and cheese on a roll. And it's 5 fucking dollars. 

This city is so damn expensive but every now and then you find the gems 😀