IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think he will be refreshing, I think he will openly challenge the players in the press and explain that he won’t suffer lack of effort and that the fans can expect sweat and hard work.

I think lampard excused the players to a degree, he didn’t throw them under the bus cos he knew he wasn’t tactically spot on and relied on having them on his side.

I think dyche will be “my way or the highway”  and we will see a far more regimented approach from the players. 

my guess is that Cody will be in his side… I was thinking Keane but if he likes the diagonal balls from the back - Coady is exceptional at them. 

only problem is the team all but picks itself, especially offensively, given the depth of the squad. What can Dyche to realistically for any players who not doing it 'his way'. That will be his biggest problem - he doesn't have the luxury of putting players on the highway. 

He is going to have to rely on all of the players stepping up to the plate. His skills as a man manager as well as his tactics are going to be put to the test this next 4 months. 

Finger crossed for him, as I like the fella.  

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maybe he should concentrate on asking the board to back him and the team instead of asking the fans to when we do anyway though, eh?

I didn’t see it that way. I think he’s smart enough to know he’s got to play with what he’s got now, questioning the board now is pointless from his perspective, he said it’s on the players under his supervision. 

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Maybe he should concentrate on asking the board to back him and the team instead of asking the fans to when we do anyway though, eh?

Not what he's saying though, pretty sure he emphasised how important we are many times. He was basically asking for a short-term truce so the players could focus on playing. He knows we're behind the team, even when we lose patience after the first 10 mins and the "youse are fucking shit, yer fucking shithouses" start.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not what he's saying though, pretty sure he emphasised how important we are many times. He was basically asking for a short-term truce so the players could focus on playing. He knows we're behind the team, even when we lose patience after the first 10 mins and the "youse are fucking shit, yer fucking shithouses" start.

There won't be a truce. We can back the team and protest against the knob heads in charge. It's not either/or.

If anything, the protests will go up a notch now. As they should.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

There won't be a truce. We can back the team and protest against the knob heads in charge. It's not either/or.

If anything, the protests will go up a notch now. As they should.

No, it's not either or in general, it is between the whistles.

Every manager asks for the fans support and at a time when the relationship with the club is so toxic and fractured, emphasising unity for the game is just common sense. I've no doubt what he's said about the transfer window dealings in that press conference is not remotely the same as he's had behind the scenes. 

Just now, Matt said:

Every manager asks for the fans support and at a time when the relationship with the club is so toxic and fractured, emphasising unity for the game is just common sense. I've no doubt what he's said about the transfer window dealings in that press conference is not remotely the same as he's had behind the scenes. 

He's focusing on what he can change, not on what he cannot. That makes perfect sense to me.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

And there's been no mention of protesting during matches, only to support the players on the pitch. In fact, the organisers of the protests have been at pains to let it be known any protests are for before and after games.

No one needed to ask for our support last season when the club was in trouble. We came together and dragged that team over the line, unconditionally. What was the thanks for that? Ah yes, to be dragged through the mud this season.

So just shut the fuck up and get on with your job. It's like it's being questioned if we support the team or not. It's getting right under my skin now.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And there's been no mention of protesting during matches, only to support the players on the pitch. In fact, the organisers of the protests have been at pains to let it be known any protests are for before and after games.

No one needed to ask for our support last season when the club was in trouble. We came together and dragged that team over the line, unconditionally. What was the thanks for that? Ah yes, to be dragged through the mud this season.

So just shut the fuck up and get on with your job. It's like it's being questioned if we support the team or not. It's getting right under my skin now.

I know why you see it that way, I just didn't see it the same. Like I said, every manager does it when they come in, it's no different now. 

What pisses me off is the rhetoric from the club as a whole against the protest's of the fans, is when they say get behind and support the team what they really mean is keep quiet know your place and support our inept actions. Well they can fuck off with that angle of attack against us, we as fans have always supported the team through thick and thin, what we won't allow to happen is to have the wool pulled over our eyes and support the owner and his board for the disgraceful way they are killing our club. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Hilarious that he’s making them do the beep test. Part a warning about fitness, and part trying to see fitness for himself.

Players like Beckham and Joe Cole at their best could go the whole way up to level 21 and all the way back down again.

19 minutes ago, badaids said:

Hilarious that he’s making them do the beep test. Part a warning about fitness, and part trying to see fitness for himself.

Players like Beckham and Joe Cole at their best could go the whole way up to level 21 and all the way back down again.

Sad that I don't think I've ever seen it in our training videos. It was good to see a couple of them doubled over catching their breathe instead of laughing and joking. 

Just a couple of minutes into that first week video. Anyone pick up on the detail of him walking off on his own to stride the training pitch then he says something to Thelwall like 'that's the size of a UEFA B pitch, I think Goodison is a bit different...' then couldn't make out the rest of the convo. I think that's a level of detail that tells a story.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Just a couple of minutes into that first week video. Anyone pick up on the detail of him walking off on his own to stride the training pitch then he says something to Thelwall like 'that's the size of a UEFA B pitch, I think Goodison is a bit different...' then couldn't make out the rest of the convo. I think that's a level of detail that tells a story.

I seen that, good detail. Apparently he looks at pitch dimensions carefully.

just listened to his interview….. not sure who has briefed him in relation to the fans and the cause of unrest.