IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't. PC going too far. It's men playing, so it's man of the match. 

And woman of the match in women's football. What difference does it make? Madness isn't it. Nothing against 'player' of the match. Just as long as people don't start correcting me when I label a man for being 'man' of the match. Let's call a spade a spade.

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

And woman of the match in women's football. What difference does it make? Madness isn't it. Nothing against 'player' of the match. Just as long as people don't start correcting me when I label a man for being 'man' of the match. Let's call a spade a spade.

Exactly. It has its place in the world, but we're talking about the men's games not womens game or a mixed game. If we're having player of the match I assume we can start our ladies team instead of our current GROUP (just for Mike), we'd probably be midtable. 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fuck me, I take it back. We're going to fly up that table like we've injected Red Bull directly into the players veins now we wear shin pads and club shorts during training.

What am I reading? FUCKING SHIN PADS!

This really is a bizarre time to be an Evertonian. Stop world, I fucking want to get off :lol:.

The shinpads thing makes sense to me, but probably means our injury list is going to get a lot worse. 

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fuck me, I take it back. We're going to fly up that table like we've injected Red Bull directly into the players veins now we wear shin pads and club shorts during training.

What am I reading? FUCKING SHIN PADS!

This really is a bizarre time to be an Evertonian. Stop world, I fucking want to get off :lol:.

All this time I thought it was tactical but now I know the difference between us and Man City. 

Im going to wear my shinnies to work and see if I am Messi by the weekend.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

All this time I thought it was tactical but now I know the difference between us and Man City. 

Im going to wear my shinnies to work and see if I am Messi by the weekend.

It’s actually a very smart back to basics message to the players along with running them he’s basically stamping down his authority that they have had it easy. 

putting shin pads on automatically gets rid of the “take it easy” nonsense. Our players are soft, they never wore shin pads but had woolly gloves, hats. Thermal tights and plenty of laughs.

Man United when winning everything trained as they played. 

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I believe we need a massive change in direction and attitude if you want to play for this club, and if that means a change dress code in training so be it, personally I'd go a lot further, no dresses or handbags, no her cuts and dyes that make you look like someone's auntie😂

I’d be questioning how someone is able to wear half a ton of thermals if they are working hard enough. 

I wonder what was said to Dyche during his recruitment in terms of signings. I'm confident that if the board haven't delivered on their words, Dyche will let them know.

The whole window farce makes me support Dyche even more. I think it will really add fuel to the fire in his belly.

I know the vast majority of fans will get right behind him. I think we'll see a team battling hard at Goodison, that will lift the crowd. All we want is that uplift in effort and desire.

Its gonna be tough and pretty ugly. But there is a bit of hope. We're proper underdogs, more so with every team 13th and below making at least 3 signings.

I know there is much debate about the quality in our side, but I do believe with the right direction and instruction, we have a good solid core to the team that'll suit a Dyche approach.

Strap in...its gonna be a bumpy ride!

16 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I wonder what was said to Dyche during his recruitment in terms of signings. I'm confident that if the board haven't delivered on their words, Dyche will let them know.

The whole window farce makes me support Dyche even more. I think it will really add fuel to the fire in his belly.

I know the vast majority of fans will get right behind him. I think we'll see a team battling hard at Goodison, that will lift the crowd. All we want is that uplift in effort and desire.

Its gonna be tough and pretty ugly. But there is a bit of hope. We're proper underdogs, more so with every team 13th and below making at least 3 signings.

I know there is much debate about the quality in our side, but I do believe with the right direction and instruction, we have a good solid core to the team that'll suit a Dyche approach.

Strap in...its gonna be a bumpy ride!

https://twitter.com/FHerbert2013/status/1620536823671050242?t=Y6UYXO5OdWY0NaZhGqSjAw&s=19

Presumably Dyche will go 4-4-2 so here’s what he’s got:

GK: Pickford/Begovic

RB: Patterson (inj)/Coleman

LB: Mykolenko/Vinagre

CB: Tarkowski/Coady/Godfrey/Mina/ Keane/Holgate

CM: Iwobi/Gueye/Onana/Garner (inj)/ Doucoure/Davies

LM: McNeil

RM: Gray/Townsend (inj)

ATT: Calvert-Lewin/Maupay/Simms

Youth: Mills/ Price

Options… recall Dobbin/Cannon? Sign unwanted free agents?!

What a ridiculously imbalanced mess… 6 centre backs compared to the attacking options (lack of)… a couple of injuries to Gray/Iwobi/DCL and what have we got? We needed 2 wingers and a striker before Gordon went - DISGRACEFUL!

All on this fella now.  If he didn’t understand why the fans have been agitated and portrayed badly in the media …… he does now. He’s been played himself. 

dyche is no idiot, he will have quickly joined up the dots and knows that moshiri, kenwright, dbb, sharp are a huge problem and he needs to circumnavigate the team’s attention away from what will happen in terms of protests to what goes on the pitch.

I do think a good manager could get 30% more from our players, if he can do this we have a chance but we’ve got to hope that all the teams around us who strengthened have bought lemons. 

feel pretty awful about the club today but I’m not letting it get me the way it did last year. I was walking round with stress and thinking about Everton from the moment I woke up. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

First press conference today at 2pm, I’ll post link when it’s on. 

the weekly grilling of the Everton manager - I bet he can't wait for his after what happened on Tuesday. Should make Thelwell and Kenwright sit next to him, as I imagine Dyche could do with a few answers himself - but that will not happen. 

Anyway, I think we could all pretty much can script the responses he will have to role out today.

One thing I will say, the owners and board have taken a massive pressure of Dyche's shoulders, by giving him a weaker squad than Lampard had. 

See, this is a good summary of why I'm not worried yet. Dyche won't be a miracle worker unless your definition is "has an actual plan and instills basic discipline". He'll do what we've needed for a nearly a decade; he'll give positive discipline and an actual identity. I don't care if that identity is pretty or ugly, boring or exciting. It'll be an identity to work with and improve, because honestly we've not had that since Moyes, maybe Martinez (although I don't think that identity suited Everton) and as likeable as Frank was, he was tactically inept to a surprising level considering his experience and his backroom staff. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Great analysis this.

It's easy for people to look at a team and decide that they are just lumping it to big players and throwing themselves around to top better players performing but this video really shows the good tactical work that goes into squeezing the opposition and things that we've really lacked tactically at all.

52 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

the weekly grilling of the Everton manager - I bet he can't wait for his after what happened on Tuesday. Should make Thelwell and Kenwright sit next to him, as I imagine Dyche could do with a few answers himself - but that will not happen. 

Anyway, I think we could all pretty much can script the responses he will have to role out today.

One thing I will say, the owners and board have taken a massive pressure of Dyche's shoulders, by giving him a weaker squad than Lampard had. 

I think he will be refreshing, I think he will openly challenge the players in the press and explain that he won’t suffer lack of effort and that the fans can expect sweat and hard work.

I think lampard excused the players to a degree, he didn’t throw them under the bus cos he knew he wasn’t tactically spot on and relied on having them on his side.

I think dyche will be “my way or the highway”  and we will see a far more regimented approach from the players. 

my guess is that Cody will be in his side… I was thinking Keane but if he likes the diagonal balls from the back - Coady is exceptional at them.