IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

He does. Bit worried about the transfer talk, seemed to be cautious and emphasising the group we've got. 

I might have to punch him (and you) for using the "group" word, why is squad no longer an appropriate term?

Right there with forwards being described as "up top" in my hate list:majoroverreactionalert:

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I might have to punch him (and you) for using the "group" word, why is squad no longer an appropriate term?

Right there with forwards being described as "up top" in my hate list:majoroverreactionalert:

Hate it myself… squad. It’s squad. 

im struggling to accept man of the match disappearing but understand why

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With methods like that we're sure to fly up the table.

Jesus wept. 

Small change big difference I completely get it.

Footy without shin pads automatically reduces the intensity and competitive nature. Our players don’t look like they have trained in months. It will sharpen them up in playing in closed quarters.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Dyche is making players wear shin pads for training….. love it. 

It strikes me as obvious that it should be this way. I remember reading a book as a kid about football training, the only thing that I remember from it was that you should train as your play; i.e. full kit, shin pads, boots, the lot.

It made sense then and it makes sense now.

My football career never took off (in fact never even got started) but I'm a musician and the same rule applies. If I practice like I'm playing in my bedroom, that's how I play. That doesn't translate to stage performance, you need to practice as if you have a crowd of people in front of you for that later to come out well when your are actually up there. Studio performance is again another thing, where it's more about playing cleanly and accurately. 

10 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

It strikes me as obvious that it should be this way. I remember reading a book as a kid about football training, the only thing that I remember from it was that you should train as your play; i.e. full kit, shin pads, boots, the lot.

It made sense then and it makes sense now.

My football career never took off (in fact never even got started) but I'm a musician and the same rule applies. If I practice like I'm playing in my bedroom, that's how I play. That doesn't translate to stage performance, you need to practice as if you have a crowd of people in front of you for that later to come out well when your are actually up there. Studio performance is again another thing, where it's more about playing cleanly and accurately. 

Same as golf. If I turn up to knock around with half a set I’m no where near as focused. 

those players have been turning up to training bottom half of the league, laughing smiling, walking off the pitch as fresh as they were walking on it. Our physical output on the pitch is crap, I’m glad that is going to be addressed. Nom’s of this letting players run off them. 

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It could be argued that we have a decent level of fitness. 8th most covered distance in the PL, with not much between 1st - 8th.

It's what we're doing with it that's the issue.

Means nothing tbf, I expect us to have lots of distance covered as we have less of the ball. It’s the intensity we lack, both on and off the ball.